It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phosphate

Refreshing or Batty?
I'm glad to hear that.

I had multiple chargers for my Note 3 and none of those had extra pins.

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Software is a luxurious silken robe that caresses ones manly form... hardware is um... a pair of rugged Hiking boots? Please send both the hardware and um... software... to wrath of Khan soon, mr not so Evil dragon...

NutNut

Yes, there are two.
I suspect that the above listing with a 5 pins visible USB female port is a bad render and not a photograph. None of the USB 3.0 SS cables that I have (that work at SS speeds) have 5 pins - no USB device or cable that I have, and I have dozens, has that 5 pin layout.
It's actually real photos of the actual product. You can even see slightly misaligned pins in the micro-usb end. It looks correct to me. The port has the 5 pins/pads at the end/tip, but the cables will have the 5 spring contacts all the way on the inside.

Photo from my potato attached.
IMG_20200707_225149.jpg

Last edited:

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Im Glad my Note 2 had still a normal Micro USB Port, this is quite strange, i though Smartphones are all using Micro USB, Lightning or USB C ?? ,
I think im fine whit the USB A Ports, as i just want to plug some Sticks, Mouse, Keyboard etc, and maybe the Irig Adapter for my E-Guitar..

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Ah yes, now I look more closely at my USB3.x plugs they have the standard four USB2.0 lines at the front, but actually five new raised contacts at the back (so not on the underside of anything as I previously thought). That being a socket rather than a plug, there need to be five flat contacts at the front and four spring ones at the back.

Grench

Forum Addict!
Im Glad my Note 2 had still a normal Micro USB Port, this is quite strange, i though Smartphones are all using Micro USB, Lightning or USB C ?? ,
I think im fine whit the USB A Ports, as i just want to plug some Sticks, Mouse, Keyboard etc, and maybe the Irig Adapter for my E-Guitar..
Hmm. Then I suspect that you may not understand the microUSB 3.0 port and how it works.

The "normal microUSB port" on your GN2 is capable of connecting only to the "normal Micro USB Port" and is capable of USB 2 speeds.
The "wide microUSB port" on the GN3 (and on the Pyra) is capable of connecting to BOTH a "normal micro USB cable" AND a "microUSB 3.0 super speed cable".

You can still use the "normal microUSB 2.0" cables for charging and data transfer and whatnot and choose to totally ignore the little side-car on the port of the GN3, G5 or Pyra.

But - if you choose to, you can connect a slightly wider microUSB 3.0 cable to your Pyra and get roughly 10 times the data speed through that port.

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
After the note 2, i got straight to an Iphone 6S, so i dont have a MicroUSB3 Cable, but im still happy that i can power up my Pyra whit a normal Micro USB Cable, not whit a PSP Charger as even the Competitor of the PSP was a bit of a Failure ,, (althought i liked my PSVITA, and still do)..

Samsung dit quite a lot Note Phones after i passed my Note 2 to my Dad

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
@EvilDragon how soon would the first set of Pre-Preorderers be getting theirs? Are things moving that quickly where I may see mine fairly soon or are we waiting on cool packaging and such?
Edit: I suppose some issues need to be shaken out with the 4GB units by daveshah... just first time in a long while I'm getting pretty excited.

Last edited: