Is The Pandora Vaporware?

Pickle said:
XxionxX said:
Feeding trolls is forbidden on these forums. Please cease and desist all troll feeding.

Get in my Belly! Im gonna eat you!

How do pickles eat? :eek:
I mean.. yeah, I can see your Avatar...

Last edited:
I ordered day one and have stayed off the board while emotions have flared but everyone must understand after the length of time and promises made there will be these questions...
If we as a community don't speak calmly to them ... then to the outsider we are no better than fanatics..
Now all please chill and if the question has been answered else where refer them to the search feature..
I remember in the beginning Craig was trying to get funding from the banks...
If he had at this point there would be no business since the Banks would of asked for it all back..
so understand slack must be given to new investors and I do mean investors..
This is a project in work and a learning process for the team and us..
all we have is faith...
I know I have mine!

That's My Rant Please continue!

Yarkle said:
Sigh, any opinion other than praise for this device is delcared trolling and being an asshole i guess.
This part is long and you don't have to read it if you don't like:
No, the being an asshole part was when you insulted the community based on their responses to a very emotional / flamewar-prone topic, and then started complaining about posts being too long to read.
It would be like walking up to a group of strangers talking about a video game and then saying to them, "well I think that game sucks". Then someone says "What's your problem?" and you reply, "omg you guys are so mean"

This part is important:
As for your actual opinion, "vaporware" doesn't seem to be well-defined. I think the Pandora will eventually be released, since they are doing their best to manufacture it, as opposed to messing with the design endlessly or even not thinking about it.

So, the Pandora is probably not vaporware, but it's in Development Hell, which understandably is pissing off some people.

Last edited by a moderator:
tech_lifecycle.png

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XbahXM_YRqg/SufQoxy2_OI/AAAAAAAAARs/MjuUAcTtMec/s1600-h/tech_lifecycle.png

Why do I see "Posted Image" instead of the image?

edit: OK, I changed to a different server and now seems to work.

What many people dont know was that it actully was a scam to begin with.

After taking the money, Craig, Ed, and MWeston met up in Mexico to toast their success. After many, many drinks (Craig insisted they had 'just one more' and then 'just one more...') they discussed how rediculous it would have been to even try and attempt such a project. Unfortunately the flowing alcohol and rising testosterone levels began to blur their judgment. All it took was for ED to say "ye well I would have been able to pull it off", before Craig and MWeston also bragged that they too would have been capable of actually creating the device. And so the Pandora truly began...

This is all, of course, completely impossible.

mosschops said:
robust and known hardware is the thing to use for space travel.

Excellent. I have a ZX81 strapped to my back, what key do I hit to launch?

Funyn thing to me .. we've had a great community, one of the best ever; I've always said, reminds me of the old ST/Miggy/C64 days ... its just a little stressed and perky right now ;) But the funyn thing is.. Wiz Stan is a pup, only signed up like 2 years ago, and has as many or more posts than i do, and I've been here posting like mad since what, 2003 :)

jeff

Restless said:

I'm not sure that you understand what the word "investor" means. For one, an "investor" typically expects or hopes for a financial return on their investment, with the possibility of a loss of their investment, too.

This is an example of investors and investment. While there is the similarity of a bunch of people putting small amounts of money in something speculative, as well as the risk of losing these funds. But, unlike a true investment, there is no possibility that pre-orders will share in any profits should the OP project meet with any appreciable success.

So, to make it plain: you are a customer who has allowed a vendor to hold your money without producing the promised product as of yet. Nothing more, nothing less.

skeezix said:
its just a little stressed and perky right now ;)
I must admit, "perky" is not a word I would use to describe this community (or anything else besides boobs).

skeezix said:
Funyn thing to me .. we've had a great community, one of the best ever; I've always said, reminds me of the old ST/Miggy/C64 days ... its just a little stressed and perky right now ;) But the funyn thing is.. Wiz Stan is a pup, only signed up like 2 years ago, and has as many or more posts than i do, and I've been here posting like mad since what, 2003 :)
Not my fault you can't keep up, old man. ;)

The concept of Investor/customer in this instance dont really match on either side. This situation is not what anyone would call standard business, whether you're in the circle complaining on the one that isnt. As much as the Pandora itself is a non standard product, the people who sent money to the team for their device can't really be labeled easily with either term.

We're expecting a return on money sent. The money sent was crucial for the sake of getting the project completed. There was no contract stating we're investors despite the fact that we await the result of the money given to the team which would yield much more in the form of a product that would provide hundreds if not thousands of potential hours of entertainment and productivity. Investment doesnt have to only mean just money. Time from developers, interest spent in the effort to sell the concept to others, etc... These are all still valid commodities. While not strictly investors, we're more than just customers.

We are investing in the future of this project...
If you wish to tear apart every word so be it...
The main gist still applies..
I had not meant monetarily but hey if that makes everything I have said null and void..
Well have fun...
People please get real..
Flame on something that's important!

ok, so in the Pandora forum there are currently four sections. General Chat, News Zone, Dev Corner and Beta Testing. Why not
add a section for Bitching, Fear/Hate mongering, Incessant Whining, Trolling and insane conspiracy theories. Anytime some over privileged, self righteous thirteen year old creates a thread because they don't get enough love at home.....we just move the thread to this new section. Then all the asses who like feeding trolls can do it there instead of this section.

Chairman_Now said:
Restless said:

I'm not sure that you understand what the word "investor" means. For one, an "investor" typically expects or hopes for a financial return on their investment, with the possibility of a loss of their investment, too.

This is an example of investors and investment. While there is the similarity of a bunch of people putting small amounts of money in something speculative, as well as the risk of losing these funds. But, unlike a true investment, there is no possibility that pre-orders will share in any profits should the OP project meet with any appreciable success.

So, to make it plain: you are a customer who has allowed a vendor to hold your money without producing the promised product as of yet. Nothing more, nothing less.

Having a fixed rate of return does not make you any less of an investor. To be a customer you have to buy something and you cannot buy what doesn't exist.

Back