Recommendation: Confirm Shipping Addresses?

quadomatic

DingooWiki Admin
Website
www.opendingoo.com
Just thinking about this the other day, but it might be a good idea for there to be emails sent out confirming shipping addresses, since it's been well over a year since a lot of people preordered, and living situations may have changed.

I get your point but I am sort of against it, confirming each shipping address when the minority is the ones that have changed will be too bothersome. Some may not check their e-mail and they shouldnt have to wait to get in contact with the person to send it. Perhaps send an informational e-mail with instructions how to do these things IF they have changed.

I think this is a good idea, and I don't think it would be too much of a bother at all. I'm sure an automatic mass email could be whipped up pretty easily that just says something like "Your shipping address is x. If x has changed, please respond and let us know." Could save much more headache later on. If they haven't responded by the shipping time, they can just use the one they have on file.

it would probably be easier to just post a message asking people who fear there might be an address issue to confirm. Personally I have no fear that my address will be wrong unless there computer records are totally effed up and if that's the case it should take more than a couple of people trying to confirm their address to bring the issue to the forefront.

Alpha2 said:
it would probably be easier to just post a message asking people who fear there might be an address issue to confirm. Personally I have no fear that my address will be wrong unless there computer records are totally effed up and if that's the case it should take more than a couple of people trying to confirm their address to bring the issue to the forefront.
Post it where? I seriously doubt all 4,000 customers check these forums or the blog.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they should. Sounds like an added liability thing. If they send out an email asking for updated addresses and one gets lost or something, it's basically OPs fault for losing it.
On the other hand, if someone has moved and failed to update their shipping address, it's the users fault.
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but their potential profits are thin enough and getting thinner every day that passes. It's not unreasonable for people to keep track of their own address.

Back