I said it would be a full English breakfast. You'd want comfort food.

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Hello everyone, Craig here,

I've been a little quite on the forums again, but worry not, it's entirely because I'm working all my conscious hours building Pandoras and iControlpads.

And I'm enjoying it. Your generosity with the order upgrades, iControlpad orders and $500 units has been, as always, fantastic.

The extra money has not only saved this project from forever limping along in to obscurity, it has breathed new life in to all of the core team.

Today I finally gave myself a few hours to really use my Pandora for the first time in *months*. With Hotfix5 I really feel we have moved in to a very user friendly and stable zone. I just want to thank those of you who worked on all the OS software in the last couple of years, I can't really put in to words what an amazing job you have done.

I'm now preparing to send out several units for reviews. They are not going to any mainstream magazines or websites. However they are going to the right places.

Solid support shall continue until we make the Pandora the absolute best mini computer in the world.

Those of you who are about to receive their units in the next 1.5 months (and there are a lot of you!) are in for a treat, you will be stepping in to a world of quality mature software - you all know we're sorry for how long it has taken to ship your units, but we had to get them right. Had we shipped all 4000 back in 2010 we would have gone bust due to returns.

Last week we refitted the assembly rooms with heat exchangers, air cleaners, new tools, new testing equipment, new storage, new shelving, new insulation, the whole lot. It is essentially now a professional set up, which we will continue to improve.

We are aiming to stay in this industry, and thanks to your understanding and support we are almost clear of the bumpy road.

The future is looking very exciting indeed!

Thanks,

Craig

good news that the assembly room has been upgraded.The better quality assembly the more units that will sell,obviously.

I have been using my pandora all week long.I take it everywhere with me.Glad everythings working out.

Wow, it's great!

Pandora will rock the world. If possible I would already pre-order pandora2, and happily wait 2-4 years ;)

EDIT: but don't do it too early! Let Pandora first make you a good profit, and then get prepared for more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news Craig! You guys really deserve to have at least a mild form of success, versus the fights and battery you have all received over the last 2 years. I really can't put into words how nice and fun the Pandora turned out to be.

I sent my original back a few months ago for repair, and I was going to have it retuned with my remaining order so you guys could save on shipping charges, but since CC got a little behind, I spoke to Jackie, and she is sending out my return on monday. I just couldn't wait anymore. I'm feeling like I did last year waiting for my first unit to arrive(Christmas morning all over again).

Until my nub broke, my unit was awesome, and I used it all the time. I can't wait to get a new and improved unit, so I can give a complete and new review. There is so much more to do than there was just 2 months ago. It's INSANE!

I know many were not happy about the premium units, and some still aren't, but it had to be done, and things are better because of it. I can tell business has picked up greatly, as my emails take awhile to get returned, which is good to see(not for me personally, but for the business). I wish you all continued success, as I'm already looking forward to a Pandora 2 somewhere down the line, but I'll be content if it never happens, as you guys have done the impossible by bringing the Pandora to the market. CONGRATS!

Chris

That's great news Craigix! I've been sick for the last 3 days, and have been playing the heck out of my Pandora for as long as I'm awake. HF5 runs really great, and I am actually enjoying my sick days! Keep up the good work!

yay great news and thanks craig for all your hard work and labour and positive energy for this projects

bye 007jaws

It turns out that the Premium Pandora was without a doubt the best idea to speed up the whole project (even with many people saying many negative stuff about this). It is clearly now that a project needs more than an outstanding product in order to succeed, it also needs (either you like it or not) financial support to improve productivity, reduce quality issues, and above all, keep the project going. I´m very glad that OP team made the right decision, so everyone now can enjoy the Pandoras and we can expect even more exciting news in the future.

Glad to hear things are working out and improving as well. Sending this from my Pandora with a fresh install of HF5. Owning a Pandora is like being Charlie Sheen & "Winning every day"

We are aiming to stay in this industry
If you keep making products as good as this, I have no doubt that you will.

I, for one, will be sticking by you guys with your future endeavours, and I'm looking forward to it. Keep on trucking.

hey great news.

any news on tv-out cables? i think getting these asap would be the icing on the cake!

cheers

hey great news.

any news on tv-out cables? i think getting these asap would be the icing on the cake!

cheers

+1000000000000

I showed my Pandora on frieday to my parents, but the lcd is quite litle, so it would be greate tho send the display to the big lcd tv :lol:

What else am I ment to say that others didnt already...

The Pandora is by far my most favorite device in my house.

Its universal, does all I want it to do and its open, leaving plenty of room for improvement.

And not that it really matters, but I typed this post on my Pandora.

Keep this project living, whatever it requires, cause its goooood.

Damn I really wish I were to have a pandora by now, all most of you are making me so jealous. I wish I could afford a Premium upgrade right now :(

ANYWAY.. great news, I hope the higher quality facilities means higher quality Pandoras.

Hello everyone, Craig here,

Those of you who are about to receive their units in the next 1.5 months (and there are a lot of you!)

The future is looking very exciting indeed!

Thanks,

Craig

How many non-premium units are shipping out this week? When will you be filling out the end of the 'Day 1' pre-orders? (That would be cause for celebration.)

Yes, I see lots of, "I got mine," threads from the Premium purchasers and upgrades. Not so much for the FirstBatch pre-orders. It would be nice to hear that they are still going through - even if slowly.

Back