Here Is What Will Be Happening.

Love your avatar, FBI. :)

craigix said:
Yes we will sell the 'final' cases and all case parts on the website once they are 100%.

I'm one of those people who throws things about a bit, my phone is all scratched etc. so I don't mind an imperfect case.

Thanks, mate. I'm with you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So that's only about 60 people so far (didn't really count) that want one from that flock, count me in as well.
GDC's comming up so I don't mind the current look. It is essential that I get one to show the other Devs around.

I suggest after the video is up to setup an email or something and just grab the first 500 people that way. best to just add another sub account from Gmail. Just a thought

It sounds like the majority (of the vocal people here on these forums) would go for the imperfect case, what are the chances of going for more then 500 of the early versions?

If it meant I got it before April when I go to Japan, then I would most definitely opt for a slightly deformed version. However if I went for the deformed version and it still didn't arrive before April, it would somewhat annoy me.

Even so, I think I would be part of the 500 given the option.

craigix said:
Yes we will sell the 'final' cases and all case parts on the website once they are 100%.
But, would you silently allow these 500 people to get a proper replacement case at cost (or discount), rather than making a profit off them (of course factoring in production cost, shipping cost, etc...)? Especially given that they might be voiding their warranty to swap the case, and might even be at risk of breaking the LCD cable.

Edit: Also... the above question aside. What would a retail case cost if bought off the website?

trix said:
It sounds like the majority (of the vocal people here on these forums) would go for the imperfect case, what are the chances of going for more then 500 of the early versions?

+1 Perhaps the team only received 500, but I am definitely seeing alot of "Hmm, cons=-1 pros=+50" comments. I would also like a Pandora sooner than later. I honestly wouldn't even worry about the perfect case later, unless mine became badly damaged.

Game_over said:
So that's only about 60 people so far (didn't really count) that want one from that flock, count me in as well.
GDC's comming up so I don't mind the current look. It is essential that I get one to show the other Devs around.

I suggest after the video is up to setup an email or something and just grab the first 500 people that way. best to just add another sub account from Gmail. Just a thought
GET ONE TO THIS MAN DESPITE HIS PLACE IN QUEUE

i think we can all agree that someone making the rounds with the pandora at GDC is worth getting bumped up 1 place in queue.

however, we expect a detailed photo-journal of it on the floor (not literally)

that will be all

-Your Demander-in-chief

I would like to say seriously that, if you are going to take a vote, that a third "Let the developers decide what is right" vote be allowed. This is not some resistive/capacitive or keyboard layout debate. No matter what the outcome, there will be cancellations as a direct result of the decision, mark my words. You've already said it's not 100% how you'd like it, and even if you'd need a magnifying glass to spot the differences, this is enough to make some of the more zealous players reject it without even having seen it; if you go ahead with mass production, these people will be unhappy and at least some will cancel. On the other hand, you've said it's good enough, everything works, the problems are minor; we may not even notice them, and perhaps others won't notice them if they're not pointed out, but again, we haven't seen it yet either. If that's the case and you decide to cause another delay to fix things, you will make this second group unhappy, and at least some will cancel.
If you follow the will of the crowd, and it turns out disastrous, will you wonder if you should have gone with your gut? I'd like to put my faith in your decision. That way, if the mistake turns out wrong, at least you won't wonder. That and you'll at least have some idea as to the numbers that definitely won't cancel no matter what your decision.

So long as the inperfections in the case are merely aesthetic, I wouldn't mind getting one of the 500 either. So long as we have a chance to get a more perfect case later on, should we want one, I don't think there is too much to complain about. :)

JDGBOLT

skeezix said:
I know I'd kill for one (hope Mike's got enough parts I can score one of these to help wrap up the last devving before release!) so I"m sure lots of others are; tough call though .. if you order 500, and theres not 500, you get stuck with a stack of muddy-cases? Damn, tough spot to be in :(

... So close!

jeff

I don't even have a pre-order and would gladly be part of the 500. Hopefully there's no problem filling the spaces, but I'd be glad to help out if there is.

I also think this is a good move by Craigix & Co to allow those of us who don't demand perfection to finally get our hands on a Pandora.

We should come up with a name for the 500 - like The Fantastic 500 - or The Funky 500 - almost like a special edition or club.

Go OpenPandora!

I doubt that I would be part of the 500 since I ordered so late but I would be ok with slightly messed up cases. Since Craig will allow us to get replacement cases later on everything will be fine.

Knowing I'm in the first 500, please sign me up for one of these custom jobs.

Can we skip the silkscreening too?

(Just figured I'd throw that bone out there again)

Peace & Kush

Link

I want one of the imperfect cases. I've always been the type to thing ugly things are beautiful ^_^

This debate is nonsense until we actually see the flaws.

I think I would also want one of the 500 cases, but I don't know if I will have a chance since my queue is 2400-2500.

elinscheid said:
I doubt that I would be part of the 500 since I ordered so late but I would be ok with slightly messed up cases. Since Craig will allow us to get replacement cases later on everything will be fine.
I wish I could have one of the 500, but I'm in the #38XX.
Even though I'm pretty more than 500 people will want a prototype case
I'm thinking more like 2000 will happily take an imperfect case.

That whole buy a perfect case later sounds great! I would pay up to $50 for a perfect case.

EDIT: O wow you've been here for a very long time! :eek:

Not sure exactly where I am in line, but judging from other peoples dates of order and places in line I'm thinking I'm somewhere around 2000. That being said, I hope I can take advantage of this offer, as I would not mind having a case with minor flaws. Especially with the option to buy a perfect one later.

FBI said:
SONY said:
Love your avatar, FBI. :)

We hate it. We proposed a special Seal with a bunny and a unicorn, to more accurately represent our Bureau. but Obama said "Please, Nigga!" and shot us the bird.

Speaking of Avatars, we find yours interesting as well.
hahaha, I like this guy already (or still since it sounds kinda like it could be another member's joke account, no offence ;])

Back