Here Is What Will Be Happening.

Consequence9 said:
hahaha, I like this guy already (or still since it sounds kinda like it could be another member's joke account, no offence ;])

We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig, you are going to have to do more than 500. Because I know I want my three Pandora's ASAP.

PERSONALLY, I think you should do more than 500, because when my buddy and I looked at the 2nd revision, we were fine with that. Worst case is I use this case for modding purposes and I buy another case from you later on that is "perfected".

I can't stress enough that after Mweston's post, put me down for three (3) of the 3rd revision cases that look like 2nd revision cases. Believe me, I would be VERY HAPPY with what we've already seen.

Thanks man!

I think it'd probably be more wise to actually wait for the video before stating that you would or would not want one from this batch. But regardless of that, It's good news the wait is comming to an end, whether you wait a couple more weeks for a possibly better produced version or get one of these early rough versions... or give up just before the finish line and stomp off like an idiot child.

FBI said:
Consequence9 said:
hahaha, I like this guy already (or still since it sounds kinda like it could be another member's joke account, no offence ;])

We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor.
Huh, I didn't know the FBI had a gender.

Wow, for someone who's name is "The Silent One"... he is anything but. Also, if you are going to rant, at least spell-check or something. It's hard to take someone seriously when they sound like a whiny 7 year old.

BackAssward said:
Wow, for someone who's name is "The Silent One"... he is anything but.  Also, if you are going to rant, at least spell-check or something.  It's hard to take someone seriously when they sound like a whiny 7 year old.

I think Ur the one whose Wrong...He He He...His spelling its fine...

I would happily accept the case in the condition it is in with the option of a better case later. I am probably in the last 1000 but does that matter? I mean, if you get more than 500 people I can understand that you would give people their Pandoras in the order they come in the queue, but if you don't get 500?

BackAssward said:
craigix said:
Yes we will sell the 'final' cases and all case parts on the website once they are 100%.
But, would you silently allow these 500 people to get a proper replacement case at cost (or discount), rather than making a profit off them (of course factoring in production cost, shipping cost, etc...)? Especially given that they might be voiding their warranty to swap the case, and might even be at risk of breaking the LCD cable.

Edit: Also... the above question aside. What would a retail case cost if bought off the website?

I would like these questions answered as well.

Mjlink said:
Can we skip the silkscreening too?

(Just figured I'd throw that bone out there again)

Peace & Kush

Link

I would also like an 'early' case without silkscreening, if possible. :)

I'd imagine an open source hand held device to be a little relaxed in it's definition of a voided warranty.

Additionally if people opt for an early case what's to say they have to provide the final cases to these people at any kind of discount? they asked for it, they knew what they were getting into when they agreed, I say let em crash... er, you know what I mean.

Alpha2 said:
I think it'd probably be more wise to actually wait for the video before stating that you would or would not want one from this batch. But regardless of that, It's good news the wait is comming to an end, whether you wait a couple more weeks for a possibly better produced version or get one of these early rough versions... or give up just before the finish line and stomp off like an idiot child.

I was happy with the 2nd revision Pandora which I've already seen. I'll trust Mweston and believe that the 3rd revision still looks like the 2nd revision. Which, again, I am perfectly happy with. I think it's a great idea that Craig&Co is giving the people who don't mind a few cosmetic problems an option to get it sooner. I've seen the videos, I'm convinced the controls are more than adequate. Dpad AND analog.

Once again, count me in and thanks for the opportunity.

Lol @ atomicthumbs.

Also:
The silent one

I ought to be sent one, just for having to put up, with the endless false hopes,
Let's see, he's been here less than a month... that's a short time for 'endless false promises'. I wonder who's alt he is (if I had time, I'd compare his rant to known trolls, maybe he's that 18 year old guy who thinks he knows more than all adults). The fact that he thinks he is so important he deserves a free one is pretty funny.

edit @ ample: That he might have been a lurker did occur to me, but I still found his: join date, incoherence, and self-importance, to be a funny coincidence.

Edit:
Alpha2 said:
I'd imagine an open source hand held device to be a little relaxed in it's definition of a voided warranty.

Additionally if people opt for an early case what's to say they have to provide the final cases to these people at any kind of discount? they asked for it, they knew what they were getting into when they agreed, I say let em crash... er, you know what I mean.
I assume you are replying to me. As for warranty... that why I said "maybe". I also never said they should provide a discount, I asked if they would. Which is why I went on to ask what a retail case would sell for, so those who were deciding if they would take a imperfect case would have an informed descision on what a replacement case might cost them if there was no discount.

You're post doesn't really have much to do with mine.

Edit for Alpha2: Well, if someone puts words in my mouth, I respond. If you want to call that defensive, meh. Perhaps if I used a word other than 'but', it would come off more as a question. I did consider changing it later, but by then it was already quoted.

I'd just like to put it out there that I would not mind a defectively cased Pandora; I just want to be ensured that the goods on the inside and the controls are in tact - That is all.

BackAssward said:
Let's see, he's been here less than a month... that's a short time for 'endless false promises'.

join date for the forums is no indication on how long someone has been following the pandora. as an example, i've been following the pandora for over a year now but didn't join the forums until recently (since now im seriously considering buying one, i had a few questions of my own). note that i am in no way defending "the silent one." however, if you feed the trolls they will continue trolling.

Maybe the silent one also wishes his was based on Intel chips and running windows.

"But, would you silently allow these 500 people to get a proper replacement case at cost (or discount), rather than making a profit off them (of course factoring in production cost, shipping cost, etc...)? Especially given that they might be voiding their warranty to swap the case, and might even be at risk of breaking the LCD cable."

That's what I was responding to. Seemed relevant to me since you seem to be justifying the idea of getting an early Pandora with the provision that you can get a final case for it without making a profit. But since you're not being defensive I guess it's no biggie, right?

Hmm, perhaps I came off a bit sarcastic towards you Back, so Let's just agree no harm meant on either side. I can understand some people are a little on edge right now and looking for the trolls that show up with every progress update.

Alpha2 said:
"But, would you silently allow these 500 people to get a proper replacement case at cost (or discount), rather than making a profit off them (of course factoring in production cost, shipping cost, etc...)? Especially given that they might be voiding their warranty to swap the case, and might even be at risk of breaking the LCD cable."

That's what I was responding to. Seemed relevant to me since you seem to be justifying the idea of getting an early Pandora with the provision that you can get a final case for it without making a profit. But since you're not being defensive I guess it's no biggie, right?
But the Pandora team is already making a profit off of him with the first case he's getting, and he's asking for it at cost, not a discount to the Pandora team.

I think it would depend on how bad the case is, if it's functional then he needs to pay full price, if later on it's discovered that it is somehow defective I think he could get a break and pay cost(which is, once again, at cost, not at a loss to the Pandora team).

Can't wait for that video. If it is 100% functional and just a little ugly then I think I'll go for it. Like Craig said about his phone being beat up that is more or less me, I take care of things, never had a handheld break on me, but they are all scuffed up pretty bad.

I haven't ever posted on these forums.

I am number 200-300 in the order queue. I ordered within the first few hours. I've wanted a Pandora since i saw the first concept photos.

Getting these devices into people's hands is more important than a perfect case. This is a small run, cutting edge and frankly, unique piece of hardware, sold to enthusiasts.

We can buy aftermarket cases. We can upgrade to newer cases if they become available. We can bodge, repair, improve near any aspect of this machine if the parts are available.

But in order to do that, we need the finished device.

If they function, if it's not catastrophically flawed, roll them out the door. Iterate, improve, but get them into the communities hands.

I personally will happily take a less than perfect case. This isn't about perfection. This is about showing people that a community developed piece of hardware and software can offer something unique, something that you simply can't mass-produce in the millions.

Tensuke said:
Guys, you're all missing the positives in this situation--THERE'S GOING TO BE A POLL!!!
And Chip will add something to the options I'm sure.

But the Pandora team is already making a profit off of him with the first case he's getting, and he's asking for it at cost, not a discount to the Pandora team.

I think it would depend on how bad the case is, if it's functional then he needs to pay full price, if later on it's discovered that it is somehow defective I think he could get a break and pay cost(which is, once again, at cost, not at a loss to the Pandora team).

Can't wait for that video. If it is 100% functional and just a little ugly then I think I'll go for it. Like Craig said about his phone being beat up that is more or less me, I take care of things, never had a handheld break on me, but they are all scuffed up pretty bad.

I think the idea was always assuming the cases had no obviously fatal flaws Some people would opt to get one as soon as possible. But with that said If you want it early why would the team say these people would have a discount (the at-cost part of the equation)? it's not as if the people who waited can go back in time and get THEIRS early. Granted the people who got theirs early are still paying money even at cost but the issue is more about the price of replacing their early cases for a discount just because they couldn't be patient enough to wait a couple more weeks. It's kinda like rewarding a child throwing a small tantrum, Might seem a little unfair to those that choose patience.

That's all I'm saying.

Back