Gpfce 0.4

Oh how dumb of me :/. The garbage thing is weird though, I haven't experienced it before. It's not that bothering but has anyone found a way to get rid of it? Those links suggested to try fiddling with the LCD settings which did nothing.

Tootai said:
Oh how dumb of me :/. The garbage thing is weird though, I haven't experienced it before. It's not that bothering but has anyone found a way to get rid of it? Those links suggested to try fiddling with the LCD settings which did nothing.
Move it to the right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miika said:
Tootai said:
Move it to the right.

No, to the right means a very low refresh rate, and the screen will cap to 30fps, you don't want that. Can't you live with 4 random pixels on the top bottom right? Damn

Alex. said:
Miika said:
Tootai said:
Move it to the right.

No, to the right means a very low refresh rate, and the screen will cap to 30fps, you don't want that. Can't you live with 4 random pixels on the top bottom right? Damn

Hell yes, I can. I have it all the way to the left, but this fella here would need to do that to "fix" it.
It fixed it for me at least.

I have that line too, its about 5-6 pixels. First time noticed that in gpsp, doesnt really annoying, just wondering what is it. Sometimes its here, sometimes it isn`t.

However, I`m kinda glad i`m not the only one
MK2 Firmware 3.0.0

Guess MK1-owners haven`t had this

thanks alot for great emu
was like 95% before, now its 100% perfect
except for the controls, doesnt save wot i change it to, am i doing something wrong?
cos keep having to reconfigure the controls everytime restart the emu
would donate but me going uni next year and gonna cost a bundle, sry :(
thanks for great emulator, next to drmd, this gotta be best emu around

edit: how should i go about ips files, should i patch em onto the rom, or put em in same directory?
if i wanted different version of same rom, good to justt rename to anything, or does it need the letters after the rom etc...
thanks

freddykreuger666 said:
Tried to do "save config" in options?

freddykreuger666 said:
edit: how should i go about ips files, should i patch em onto the rom, or put em in same directory?
if i wanted different version of same rom, good to justt rename to anything, or does it need the letters after the rom etc...
thanks
IPS patch support is currently broken, will be fixed in the bugfix release.

Ike Ike Ice Hockey Bu crashes after you score the first goal. Shame, these Kunio series games (River City Ransom etc.) rock!

freddykreuger666 said:
except for the controls, doesnt save wot i change it to, am i doing something wrong?

thanks
The better practise is to hardpatch your roms anyways, though.

Excellent release! NES emulation was always a bit of a black eye in the GP2X world, but this basically perfects it :)

I'm confused as to how to get Game Genie support working though... I managed to find the Game Genie ROM image, and I put it in the fceultra directory (alongside disksys.rom, which works fine), but when I turn the option on in the menu, I just get a message saying gg.rom not found.

I was worried that I had the wrong file, so I installed FCE Ultra on my Linux computer to see if it worked there, and FCE Ultra had a hard time actually finding the file too (you had to start the emulator within a certain directory otherwise it wouldn't find the file), though it DID eventually work.

The gg.rom file I have is 24,592 bytes, MD5: e354fb5b20e1b9fe4e5ca330f9b3391a. This IS the right file, right? Anyone got this working?

Edit - For some reason, it started working now. I guess you have to turn the option on, save config, and then restart the emulator?

--Zero

Read back in the topic, MK1 users DO have this. I have it.

missed this, sorry. GPH could look into it, or we might get gp3x with this artifact also then.

Emulator is great, by the way! And USB works!
I`m trying to get Hang-on-Exit problem, but no hangs so far

Maybe its because im playng instead of testing :rolleyes:

Shadowsithe said:
freddykreuger666 said:

thanks
The better practise is to hardpatch your roms anyways, though.

I disagree, for me it's preferable to on-the-fly patch a ROM then you can just a keep the small IPS files to get the patch version. Which also reminds me..

Notaz, would it pretty please be possible to add IPS patch selection to the various emulators you've worked on (not necessarily at the same time of course!) By this I mean:
you have a ROM named Mario.nes/Mario.zip and then you have patches:
Mario.nes.French.ips
Mario.nes.German.ips
Mario.nes.HardMode.ips

These are browsed by the rom browser and looks for and patches the base ROM in RAM before running...
I hope you can see why this is useful :)

PokeParadox said:
Notaz, would it pretty please be possible to add IPS patch selection to the various emulators you've worked on (not necessarily at the same time of course!) By this I mean:
Mario.nes.French.ips
Mario.nes.German.ips
Mario.nes.HardMode.ips
This is exactly how it was planned for gpfce, may add this to PD bugfix release too.

notaz said:
PokeParadox said:
Mario.nes.French.ips
Mario.nes.German.ips
Mario.nes.HardMode.ips
This is exactly how it was planned for gpfce, may add this to PD bugfix release too.

Hey if you're going to update PD there any chance of adding a backdrop to the menu like you did gpfce? :D

I've uploaded the promised bugfix release, see my first post. I've also added new vsync option, should fix the problems EvilDragon reported. Well a least scrolling demos don't stutter for me now.

Yorper said:
Hey if you're going to update PD there any chance of adding a backdrop to the menu like you did gpfce? :D
No I don't plan to do that. Want them to be a bit different.

notaz said:
Yorper said:
No I don't plan to do that. Want them to be a bit different.

That's a shame - I really like the PD background method of dimming the screen, and was wondering if you'd consider putting it into GPFCE if there's no background image present...

D.

notaz said:
I've uploaded the promised bugfix release, see my first post. I've also added new vsync option, should fix the problems EvilDragon reported. Well a least scrolling demos don't stutter for me now.
Excellent work as always. B)

Back