I decided to pick up zzhu8192's port of FCE Ultra (a NES emulator). Here is the changelog:
- Major improvement: added ARM asm CPU core from LJGP32, which itself was adapted from FCA by Yoyofr. The core required substantial changes to make it work in FCE ultra.
- The emulator renders directly to frame buffer now (previously it was drawing to offscreen buffer, which was then copied to framebuffer).
- Squidge's MMU hack added.
- Added sync() calls after savestate writes.
- Some additional tweaking here and there to get a few more FPS.
- Volume middle now can be used as shift to emulator functions instead stick click (saving, stretching, etc.).
- Added frameskip selection with shift+A and shift+Y (shift is stick click or volume middle).
- Probably some more changes I forgot about.