Gpfce 0.3

notaz

Certified Guru
Website
notaz.gp2x.de
I decided to pick up zzhu8192's port of FCE Ultra (a NES emulator). Here is the changelog:
  • Major improvement: added ARM asm CPU core from LJGP32, which itself was adapted from FCA by Yoyofr. The core required substantial changes to make it work in FCE ultra.
  • The emulator renders directly to frame buffer now (previously it was drawing to offscreen buffer, which was then copied to framebuffer).
  • Squidge's MMU hack added.
  • Added sync() calls after savestate writes.
  • Some additional tweaking here and there to get a few more FPS.
  • Volume middle now can be used as shift to emulator functions instead stick click (saving, stretching, etc.).
  • Added frameskip selection with shift+A and shift+Y (shift is stick click or volume middle).
  • Probably some more changes I forgot about.
I've got Super Mario Bros. running fullspeed @ ~135 MHz, so this emu is pretty fast now. The compatibility may have went down because of asm core, report if you find something broken (which worked in 0.2). I haven't changed the interface or anything, so it should act the same as the old version. It is already good enough for me, but perhaps a menu could be added if somebody could design it for me (including graphics, layout and content (which options should be there)).

download
source code

Thank you :) Is there anything you can shift to the 940 :p Full speed at 100mhz :p That would rock, i'm being unrealistic :) Thank you, I got my GP32 because of Nes, GP2x is nearly complete :)

You made this? Then, I have one suggestion. The only thing that bothered me is that I have a long list of NES roms and I hate to every time start at the top and scroll one-by-one to a new one when changing ROM. If you haven't made it yet, please made that we can press left/right to scroll a whole page. If you already implemented me, feel free to kill me.
EDIT: Dang, never figured out to press L/R :p

"fullspeed @ ~135 MHz" hells bells Dave's 2x should be able to run it. :)

thanks notaz

Have you fixed the bug with TV-Out? the one that the image is flattened to half on the left side of the image? Can't test now...

What about the color pallets? I can't stand how they whack out half of the time. Elec Man's stage on Rock Man is freaking grey.

it doesnt work for me. what it does is, goes to the rom selection and doesnt display any roms, goes black and turns my brightness on my screen WAAAY up and resets back to the gp2x screen. whats going on?

well, got it to work. i dont know how but i did. lol it plays punch out and smb3 at a proper speed!!!! I love this emulator!!!! yay!

the way to make this emu perfect, is to add gamepad support. i have a BOB and i would LOVE to play on the tv with this!!!!

Wow. I can't try this at the moment as my gp2x is being dpad modded, but it is truly great news to see Notaz working on NES stuff!

As far as adding substantive features, the one thing I'd really like to see is a 'no sprite limit' feature to disable the default NES hardware sprite limit that causes flashing in many games. Otherwise, maybe gamma control or configurable buttons?

I'd help out if I could with menu art, but I'm no artist. Anything I could do would be limited to something like the FishyNES background I did a while back.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...mp;#entry370993

Thanks a bunch Notaz. :)

EDIT: Notaz, do you have a donation link or address?

Last edited by a moderator:
Incredible! I wake up in the morning and thought "What a beautiful day! The sun is shining, something good is got to happen"
Jumpy.gif

And Yay! It is here! Thank you! I`m so happy, it cant be described by words! I wanna try it right now!
*downloading*

This system has a special place in my heart :wub:

Thanks Notaz, you are making the life of all NES fans like me much brighter :)
Another vote for adding USB pads support :)

Back