Picodrive 1.34

Hey guys, thanks for the update.

A little question - I hope its relevant enough here - how do you make ISO files out of Mega-Cd ROMS? I have Dungeon Master 2 but it doesn't have an ISO file...I ask as its mentioned in a post above...

thanks!

Great program, just a small question: does it only support one gamepad? I'm trying to get two working but even though both are detected I can't get them working at the same time. (not even configure the controls for both players)

emphy said:
Great program, just a small question: does it only support one gamepad? I'm trying to get two working but even though both are detected I can't get them working at the same time. (not even configure the controls for both players)
Hmm, probably screwed the key configuration code again. If that's the case, will be fixed in next release.

Last edited by a moderator:
shinra said:
I found also some problems with sound in silpheed CD, even with better sync option enabled.

EDIT: I played more time silpheed and notice that it has again no only sound issues, also the game frezzes, and in worst case the emu crashes, just like in releases prior to 1.32.
I've been trying to reproduce this today, but at least the first level plays fine both with and without sync option enabled (played through the whole level). Does it happen later in the game? Maybe overclocking issue?

emphy said:
Tried it with my USB joys, and while config menu misbehaves a bit, I was able to configure and test both of them. What exact problem do you have?

shinra said:
I found that the audio is broken for arcus odisey, it has no soud at all, but when i load "el viento" first (another wolfteam game) arcus odisey presents choppy audio and it will have no sound again if I change the sample rate.
Failed to reproduce this one too. What is the GoodGen name of your ROM?

the name of my rom is Arcus Odyssey (U) [!], in silpheed the lock up happens after the first mission, it happends gradually, first the audio an in the next mission it locks up i can't get past the seccond mission.

Tried it with my USB joys, and while config menu misbehaves a bit, I was able to configure and test both of them. What exact problem do you have?

When configuring the player controls I can configure settings with only one pad at a time, so configuring for player one goes fine, but then for player two the input from the second pad is not detected. (I've also tried beginning with player two, gives the same problem in reverse)

I've tested this 2 pad config with wind&water, and that's functioning perfectly.

emphy said:
When configuring the player controls I can configure settings with only one pad at a time, so configuring for player one goes fine, but then for player two the input from the second pad is not detected. (I've also tried beginning with player two, gives the same problem in reverse)
ok, you can try this version:

http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/PicoDrive/PicoDrive_134.zip

I still couldn't reproduce Arcus Odyssey problem, but I've found similar problem in another game and fixed it, maybe it will also fix that.
The Silpheed problem is a complete pain, I've reproduced it two times in a row, but then it just started working. Seems to be completely random. At least I could attach the debugger when it happened, and trace down the cause of deadlock. Adjusted a few things, maybe it'll run more reliably now.

This version also features a hack which allows to run more games without "accurate timing", which means better underclocking potential.

slaanesh said:
Also, Perfect is spelled with an "f" ("Perfecf vsync") in the menu. :)
whoops..

hehehehehehe ..... but i dont care as its perfef snyc'd :) i did not know how much difference that fix makes for visual impact :) :) even back in the days md didnt looked as good on my tv :)

expect some paypal donation soon :) :)

thnx notaz silpheed is much more stable now it crashed again but it was one time of 7 or 8 times played, i managed at last to get past 2nd mission and also managed to get to mission 6 with no sound problems (in mission 6 i had'em), anyway its playable now and thanks to you :)

If i turn On 120 hz my screen goes brighter and i can see horrible scan lines :(

I have a MK1 (rev3)

And in normal mode the bright is normal but now i can see like a horizontal bars flashing all the time o_O

I have never had this problem with Picodrive.The last version i tried was 1.32

Thank you :)

Rivroner said:
If i turn On 120 hz my screen goes brighter and i can see horrible scan lines :(

I have a MK1 (rev3)

And in normal mode the bright is normal but now i can see like a horizontal bars flashing all the time o_O

120Hz mode is for MKII gp2x screen

shinra said:
thnx notaz silpheed is much more stable now it crashed again but it was one time of 7 or 8 times played, i managed at last to get past 2nd mission and also managed to get to mission 6 with no sound problems (in mission 6 i had'em), anyway its playable now and thanks to you :)
You can just load a state where it is still ok and play through again, it should work, as the problem seems to be random. Hopefully will add a proper fix for this someday..

Yod4z said:
Rivroner said:

I have a MK1 (rev3)

Yeah and those horizontal bars should not appear if you never turn on that thing (let me know if they do).

notaz said:
shinra said:
You can just load a state where it is still ok and play through again, it should work, as the problem seems to be random. Hopefully will add a proper fix for this someday..

Yod4z said:
Rivroner said:

I have a MK1 (rev3)

Yeah and those horizontal bars should not appear if you never turn on that thing (let me know if they do).

They do, if i restart emulator in normal mode they appear too, in previous versions (1.32) do not have this problem.

I have similar problems in others emulators like MAME, in Mame in some verisons theyu appear, in others not o_O In NES eulators i found the same bars.They aren´t disturbing me the most of the time but sometimes you saw them :D

I suppose that the large MK1 and II versions and the different LCD sttings we can set up might be the problem.

Althought in others cases like in FBA from Squidge it´s horrible, the screen is like the sun and the bars are everywhere :D

Sorry for my bad english :(

But for instance PocketSNES is cristal clear, no bars, perfect contrast.

save-stateting silpheed at a stable point didn't work, if the game would lose sound at the next mission it will not matter how many times i load a state or turn on the gp2x and reload the state, it will fail at the exact same point if i reload, yes there are random but the odd increases depending on the configuration of the emu, i found it more stable at 8bit acurate render, acurate sprites off, acurate timing off, perfect syncro on, mp3 support off, also it always loses BGM at the first boss and if this helps the game uses PCM for BGM too and i remember you said PCM requires lot of processing, the game seems more stable at a overclock above 220 and a config for more performance.

Back