Gngeo V0.7beta3

Hi Pepone.
Do you know why i and other cannot get any sound at all,even in games like metal slug 1 that should be work ok with full sound?
There's a problem with some gp2x and their 940 core???

glstar said:
Hi Pepone.
Do you know why i and other cannot get any sound at all,even in games like metal slug 1 that should be work ok with full sound?
I don't think he's got a solution at them moment. Just wait and be patient. This version is highly unstable and I am sure pepone will know just what to do to fix it up. If everyone keeps on nagging him, that's not gonna help. I am also not able to use it with sound, if I turn on sound at all, it freezes right after showing the unibios splashscreen.

Last edited by a moderator:
glstar said:
Hi Pepone.
Can you try with and without ramhack activated? Also, do you overclock? I recomment you to stay at 200Mz

xnopasaranx said:
glstar said:
Hi Pepone.
I don't think he's got a solution at them moment. Just wait and be patient. This version is highly unstable and I am sure pepone will know just what to do to fix it up. If everyone keeps on nagging him, that's not gonna help. I am also not able to use it with sound, if I turn on sound at all, it freezes right after showing the unibios splashscreen.

Hi xnopasaranx.
I really don't want to bother him.
I'm just try to understand why some peoples are able to hear the music and some others cannot.
I'm worried about the possibility that the second core in some GP2X is damaged or inusable....

pepone said:
glstar said:
Hi Pepone.
Can you try with and without ramhack activated? Also, do you overclock? I recomment you to stay at 200Mz

Hi pepone.
Thanks for your reply.
I'm using the frontend rage2x without put the string ramhack inside the config file.
When i try to edit the file,i get a freeze at startup,just after the neo geo bios finish loading.
I run the emu first at 245mhz,then i try to run it at 200mhz(always without the ramhack) and i've the same result,no sound,even no sound of the neo geo logo.
In first i was able to hear the gfx in aof3,but when i try yesterday i cannot hear gfx anymore.
A friend of mine with a mk1,with my same parameters can hear the music even at 270mhz.
Really don't know if there could be a phisical problem with some GP2X and the 2nd cpu.

@glstar:
Dont worry you re not alone, I've the same pb.
Sometimes I've only sfx, rarely sfx and sound and sometimes gp2x crashed
and that with the same setting and rom :D

I'm serching if I can find a logical reason ;)

i think it really just is the 940T. it just doesn't run that stable yet. As I said, it doesn't run for me at all, instead it freezes, no matter what I do.

@glstar: I didn't mean to offend you or anything. Just wanted to tell you that lots of people have this problem and that pepone is working on it.

i think it took notaz a couple releases to get dual core running perfectly and even then theres problems if people overclock too much. so we get some nice performance gains with this more advance use of the gp2x hardware but have to deal with some instability as things are fine tuned as much as they can.

@xnopasaranx
Don't worry...I've understand :)

Now that i know many of you guys have this type of problem,i feel more relaxed....
That's really strange to me this problem....
I'm really curious of what could be to cause the crash or the lack of sound.

There're many many options in gngeo, this is the complete list of what rage2x can support:
CODE

--showfps (and --no-showfps)
--sound (and --no-sound)
--samplerate=11025 (--samplerate=22050 or --samplerate=44100)
--cpu_speed=xxx
--frontend=name
--raster (and --no-raster)
--system=name
--country=name
--screen320 (and --no-screen320)
--68kclock=xx
--z80clock=xx
--ramhack (and --no-ramhack)
--vsync (and --no-vsync)
--tvout (and --no-tvout)
--tv_offset=x,y
--dumpsprite

Did someone know or use one or more options I've missed ?
:)
The cmd line is very very long :D

Thanks

hi all;

what a diamond !!! this version is a famous peace of cake for me ...

In this beta 5 with 22khz ramhack on 215 Mhz (for test) MK2 GP2x FW 3.0

Metal slug 5 run @60fps and for low 35 fps

Shocktrooppers idem

Ffury 1 - 2 @60 fps no low farmerate

Metal Slug X @60 fps low 45 fps

magical drop idem (ff)

and more

only pulstar crash graphics in neogeo bios and game due to my romset probably

THANKS PEPONE

euro48k said:
you could add something that display the version ..
i`m confused now ..beta 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 ..
replaced with the latest files and now gngeo won`t start at all -> http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/gngeo0.7a-beta5.zip
just exits to the gp2x menu

(firmware 2.1 and i`m not using rage2x)

hi
ok the new version of 07aBeta4 or 5, don't include the gngeo.gpe, just gngeo (no extension) and the rage2x.gpe, now your are forced to lunch the rage2x.gpe.
If you are just uncompressed a beta 5 version on your sd card you can delete the old gngeo.gpe.
but i preconize to use the full package : http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/gn...-beta5-full.zip
it contain a rage2x.cfg etc.

And if possible for you i preconize to use the beta in new folder for test and keep the old version this the official stable version.

;)

A+

Test with v0.7 not beta:
Andro Dunos 60fps at 135MHz without sound and at 200MHz with sound on 11025.

Neo Bomberman 60fps at 200MHz without or with sound 11025. At 245MHz with sound 22050 60fps.

I think with vsync option on the tv is better for quality but need more MHz ;)

Even with the latest beta full,i cannot hear the music.

It's really curious.....

Back