New Version Of Neogeo Question.......

tgg

Pepone has released a new version of his NeoGeo emulator for the GP2X:

Thanks to Squidge and his MMU hack, I've got a nice speed boost (10 to 20 fps) with gngeo.

It's still a beta, so beware. Starting gngeo can be a little longer (it will stay 2 or 3 second on a black screen, don't worry).

Thanks to Squidge for his incredible work!
Thanks to Paeryn too for his hw accelerated SDL!
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
Attached Files gngeo2x_0.6.12c.zip (534.3 KB, 21 views)

I downloaded the file and its just one file "gngeo" so i delted the previous one and put this on my neogeo folder and now when loading neogeo it just goes back to the main icon screen of gp2x.

You have to download the gngeo6.12.zip file. This has all the files and directories. copy the gngeo.gpe in the gngeo2x_0.6.12c.zip over the one you jsut unzipped.

well the folder does have all the files because thats how i was running the older version, so i just delted the gngeo file that has no extension and put the one that the zip has, is that what your talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, misunderstood.

Are you using rage8.8 front end?

Do you have all the proper bios files copied over?

yes i did install rage frontend recently and the bios arent there.
You need some of the files in the 0.6.12 (in particular the following: skin/font.bmp).

ok thax that worked, without using rage front end whats the defualt cpu speed that neogeo uses?

also theres a file called "gngeo2x_config" and i see a cpu speed line at 266mhz is this a file that you can edit?

I am struggling with this emulator. I've only had my gp2x since Friday so bear with me.

I installed the latest version of gngeo2x although I didnt see the 12c version. I added metal slug 1 to the roms directory. When I load gngeo2x and then change the options (pressing Y) to enable sound and then start metal slug it just goes to a black screen. It's perfectly ok without sound and looks great, just no sound :( . Is this anything to do with the automatic rom dump? I left it for 5 minutes at one point but nothing happened.

Ta!

@semyaza: I had the same problem (or at least the same symptoms), I had to enable sound with the rage frontend (select to get to options AFAIK), I guess the default is sound off?

EDIT: Whoops, there's me not reading a whole comment again, sorry.

Back