Gngeo V0.7a B4

imhotep said:
Rivroner said:
The Picodrive theory was not true.Maybe was luck that user had :D
On the contrary, I am now getting sound for the first time after running PicoDrive first. Maybe you have to actually run a SegaCD game (which I did) and not just start the PicoDrive menu and quit?

Yes, that´s correct.A lot of people in gp32spain is saying the same.For me is not necesary to launch Picodrive o_O

Weird thing i suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
ste, with beta 3 i experienced the same thing, it worked to begin with then slowly didnt work, but i can confirm picodrive technique does work with no crashing at max overclock on mine (265). Restart doesnt resolve the problem but small games like overtop will boot with sound in both beta 3 and 4 no problems. Game unfortunately, doesnt play.

Only got 3 roms on my card atm, AoF3, SvCPlus and Overtop, will test more when i dig out my backups

Even though the kinks haven't been worked out yet, I am very excited about the developments of this emu. It gives a warm glow to all GP2X users to see the ARM940 utilised. :)

stormyandcold said:
... will test more when i dig out my backups
"Backups" :lol: :lol:

I always laugh when people call their pirated r0mZ "backups" :p

DaveC said:
stormyandcold said:
... will test more when i dig out my backups
"Backups" :lol: :lol:

I always laugh when people call their pirated r0mZ "backups" :p

Well, some people do happen to be in possession of actual mvs cartridges or neogeo CDs. Some people even own the original circuit boards of the arcades. And essentially, even if the roms are pirated they are backups.

But then again... I know perfectly what you mean :p I haven't seen anyone in my town owning a single mvs cartridge ^^.

This morning I wanted to made a clean package of gngeo2x v0.7 on my sd to test my last rage2x but on file archive somebody have updated the official version with a beta !

Spread a beta is not a good idea for all newbies ... :(

I've seen rage2x appear with this package ... but the man who create it, have keep some selector files.
I remind you that today there's no official gngeo2x distribution with rage2x, this is the only choice of Pepone to include or not one frontend.

File archive is very useful to find all stable and official version of every program and I personnaly use it for that.

Please if you want to spread a no official package write it to inform the users and give them a link to the officials packages (the best is to put your custom package on another site :) )

For those who search to have the last stable official version, use this link for gngeo2x:
http://gngeo.berlios.de/?page=download
and this link for rage2x (if nobody change it :) )
http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,1294

Thanks ;)

Maybe a little off topic but I've noticed since from older versions of this (great) emulator that graphic glitches appears on the screen (especially in the lower side of the screen) if "raster effects" are turned on, obvioulsy this can be noticed only in games that uses raster effects such as Neo Turf Masters or Neo Geo Cup 98
It is possible that this can be fixed in the future?

PuLSaR said:
Maybe a little off topic but I've noticed since from older versions of this (great) emulator that graphic glitches appears on the screen (especially in the lower side of the screen) if "raster effects" are turned on, obvioulsy this can be noticed only in games that uses raster effects such as Neo Turf Masters or Neo Geo Cup 98
It is possible that this can be fixed in the future?
I mentioned this before to, pepone try to fix it. :) I like Neo Turf Masters and this Game need raster Effects for the correct scrolling Animation of the ground. But since GnGeo 0.7 there are heavy gfx glitches, when Raster is turned on.

Been playing around alot with beta5 and im really impressed, though i only seem to experiance the sound issues others have when the RAM hack is used, without it the sound very rarely skips for a split second then continues.

Great work though, keep it up :) Oh one thing i would suggest, maybe release a dat file for the ROMs needed, it'd make life so much easier if we had a dat file that we could quickly scan our sets against.

Yorper said:
it'd make life so much easier if we had a dat file that we could quickly scan our sets against.
That's a good idea.

imhotep said:
Yorper said:
it'd make life so much easier if we had a dat file that we could quickly scan our sets against.
That's a good idea.

Thanks, i would have thought this be an obvious thing though for this type of emulator (multiple ROMs for a single game set). MAME for gp2x has a dat, which is great, just GNGeo and CPS2emu need to have dats released for them to save so much headache about wrong ROMs.

Maybe a dat file will be created for the next stable release, we can only hope :)

xnopasaranx said:
Well, some people do happen to be in possession of actual mvs cartridges or neogeo CDs. Some people even own the original circuit boards of the arcades. And essentially, even if the roms are pirated they are backups.
Yep, I actually got one the other day :D.

MVS, Puzzle Bobble and 3 Count Bout:
My trusty EPROM burner if I wanted to dump anything:

@Above post...

Same here, i've got a 4 slot MVS board and 24 carts for it. Expensive hobby especially if you want first edition carts, but im more than happy with second editions :p

Just watch out for those bootleg carts, some of them play perfect, but most others are buggy as hell (poorly dumped ROMs) and alot of people cant tell them apart from the originals untill its too late.

EDIT: Forgot to say that you should reflash your board with the unibios, if you havent done so already.

www.universebios.com

Razoola will even put your boards serial number into the bios when you order a copy, naturally there is a fee if you want the newest version, but it is certainly worth it.

Yeah, it's possible that the Puzzle Bobble cart is a bootleg, but if it plays I'm content.

Orkie said:
Yeah, it's possible that the Puzzle Bobble cart is a bootleg, but if it plays I'm content.
Yeah normally where the issues show is typically end of level/game sequences or character selections. I actually own 2 bootlegs which are perfect so im happy too. I've also been stung in the past with a couple of bad bootlegs so now im really fussy about my games. Though if you're upto it you can dismantle the bad bootlegs and reflash them with good dumps, i've personally not done this yet, i just sold on my bad bootlegs to someone that wanted to do this.

Good place to check out is www.neo-geo.com lots of people selling stuff there and giving out plenty of help with detecting bootleg carts.

Edit: Thought I found a workaround for people who get no sound on beta 5, but it was a false alarm. :(

Is it just me, or is there no .gpe file in this zip? Do I need to use a .gpe file from the last build? Or you just don't need it anymore? Not working for, BTW. Keeps saying I'm missing bios, but I have them in my roms folder.

I am having a problem and I don't know if its me or what. When using GNGeo v0.7 b5 I was playing League Bowling and was having problems with it displaying in Japanese... yet when I use the same rom in MAMEGp2x v3.9 it displays in english. I checked the settings for the cfg file and it is set for english but still it displays in Japanese. Also it won't play Baseball Stars Pro... yet it will in MAME... though I thought I did have it working previously...

So is it me... or are there still a few bugs that still need to be sorted out. I love the interface though... great job on the emulator.

Ripster said:
I am having a problem and I don't know if its me or what. When using GNGeo v0.7 b5 I was playing League Bowling and was having problems with it displaying in Japanese... yet when I use the same rom in MAMEGp2x v3.9 it displays in english. I checked the settings for the cfg file and it is set for english but still it displays in Japanese. Also it won't play Baseball Stars Pro... yet it will in MAME... though I thought I did have it working previously...

So is it me... or are there still a few bugs that still need to be sorted out. I love the interface though... great job on the emulator.
Try setting it inside the unibios settings aswell. Also it wont play your other game because it is the wrong set for gngeo.

Back