Gngeo V0.7a B4

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Pepone released a new version of his NeoGeo-Emulator.

Most important change:
Sound support on the 2nd CPU!
That means you can play most games Fullspeed with sound at 200MHz!

I included JyCet's most recent beta of Rage2x which laready supports these features.

Download:
GNGeo2x v0.7a b4
Thanks to www.gp32spain.com for the news.

Very nice. The 11khz sound option doesn't seem to work at the moment (freeze on boot), though I guess with the speed gains you can just go ahead up to 22khz anyway :)

Not freezing at 11khz for me.

The only problem that i have found is that now the emulator is very unstable, sometimes you get sound, sometimes you don´t hear anything, sometimes you get a freeze.

The sound went wanky on me during a test play of Neo Driftout, 22khz

kevcal said:
Wow - this was unexpected - can't keep track of all threads.
Great news!! :)
Thanks pepone!

hi

no sound when i loaded metal slug; or aof:

unstable; e.g. freezes when trying to quit back to gp2x menu

Last edited by a moderator:
keep in mind that it's a beta. It seems to work well for some people, but don't for other.
I think that to maximize your luck, you should keep to 200Mhz, use a sample rate at 22050Hz, and enable the ram timing hack by editing the conf/gngeorc file and adding CODE
ramhack true
because it make quite a difference.
I hope that most GP2X user can use this hack...

The speed is awesome, i edited the gneogeorc with the ramhack true :)

I hope that soon the hangs/sounds problems will be solved.

Thank you very much Pepone :)

Since a longer time I wanted to ask, what I should set for the booth emulated cpu's % speed options in gngeo. I never touched this. Are there recommended settings?

Please also fix Overtop support Pepone! :)

Btw, SNK VS CAPCOM runs very nice :p

Thanks for all your hard work!

pepone said:
keep in mind that it's a beta. It seems to work well for some people, but don't for other.
I think that to maximize your luck, you should keep to 200Mhz, use a sample rate at 22050Hz, and enable the ram timing hack by editing the conf/gngeorc file and adding CODE
ramhack true
I got stuttery framerate at 22050 Hz on Metal Slug with the new version at 200 MHz. I could actually see the framerate drop when a sound was played. I dropped down to 11025 and it was smoother and seemed to work fine.

I am getting sound fx, but no music in games (stuff that is handled by second CPU I assume). Anything I can do?

Seems there are numerous bugs in this version imhotep, sometimes I get music but no sound fx, sometimes sound fx start to go out of sync, sometimes they dissapear and randomly come back for a brief moment.

Am sure things will be ironed out though :D

DaveC said:
pepone said:
ramhack true
I got stuttery framerate at 22050 Hz on Metal Slug with the new version at 200 MHz. I could actually see the framerate drop when a sound was played. I dropped down to 11025 and it was smoother and seemed to work fine.

Indeed, mslug is still the most demanding game. For me it work nearly all the time @60fps @22050, but in some scene, the framerate drop heavily (when you meet the first chopper for example).
It's always ok @11025 (and a that's a lot better than before :) )

Back