Gngeo V0.7a B4

Knoxximus said:
Is it just me, or is there no .gpe file in this zip? Do I need to use a .gpe file from the last build? Or you just don't need it anymore? Not working for, BTW. Keeps saying I'm missing bios, but I have them in my roms folder.
There is no .gpe for the main emu as it's not needed, only need the one for rage2x.
Last time I checked there was a rage2x exec in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knoxximus said:
Is it just me, or is there no .gpe file in this zip?
You need beta4. Beta5 is merely a patch.

Has anyone had any problems with TV-out? My TV seems to show RageX fine, however if I start a game with the tv-out option selected, it either crashes out to RageX with some screen corruption, or crashes completely needing a power cycle. I've tried nearly all combinations of settings, nothing helps. I haven't tried 0.7, was tv-out fine with the earlier version?

Ok I definitely have a problem with this emulator... I was having all kinds of problems so I reloaded all the files and it seemed to work fine. Then it all happened again... games that previously loaded fine are now not working. It looks like it loads fine... then my screen goes a solid green and freezes.

Any ideas...???

Ok I have downgraded to v0.7 the stable release and it seems to be working much better. I get full sound and the games that are working are playing well. The only problem now is that when exiting... I get a "card is still in" message and my unit freezes.

I agree it would be nice to know which of my roms are going to work, since they show up in my frontend window.. but fail to load. Still its great to have all these great memories when I was young in the palm of my hand.

Thanks....

Oh... I am running the new version 2 unit that came in the value pack with FW3.0

i keep getting xxx game is an invalid romset after i've started a game
had it working on old neo geo emulators
anyone know what im doin wrong?

freddykreuger666 said:
i keep getting xxx game is an invalid romset after i've started a game
had it working on old neo geo emulators
anyone know what im doin wrong?
Yes, you have the wrong ROM set, just like the emulator is telling you. ;)

Just because it worked on some other old emulator of neogeo doesnt mean it'll work on this. ROM sets get redumped all the time in a bid to improve the dump to get as near to a perfect 1:1 as they can. Thats why there can be so many versions of any 1 game. Which set an emulator uses is a whole other matter, typically they use the newest and best (normally the newest MAME set is as close to a standard as it will get), but some don't update sets for a while. That's why it may work on some other emulator but not this.

Any emulator like this should should be released with a dat file so people can scan the ROM sets properly, save all this headache with people not having a clue about ROM sets. Maybe in the next release we'll have a dat :)

well these roms were the ones in the 512 neo geo pack..
and worked before i reformatted on neogeo 0.x
so..

point is, the roms were designed for use with this emulator
just copied pasted the folder over
all i want is the metal slugs anyways

Games tested with the "full package" linked in this topic at around page 1-3 somewhere:

Aero / Sonic Wings 2 = Sound doesn't really work, but the game plays great. :)
Aero / Sonic Wings 3 = Same as above plus garbled graphics, unplayable.
Andro Dunos = Works fine. :)
Ghost Pilots = Works fine. :)
Last Resort = Works fine. :)
Pulstar = Loads all files then crashes back to the menu. :(
Metal Slug = Works fine. :)
Metal Slug 2 = HUD visible, music and sfx playing, but everything else is invisible.. Had it working before, so it should work..
Metal Slug 3 - X = Unsupported romset, doublechecked the filnames compared to the .rc files and they are the same.. Maybe something is wrong with the roms.

As you can see I love shooters. :lol:

I tried beta 5 on firmware 2.0 earlier for the first time and the sound didn't seem to work unless USB host was enabled. Could've been a coincidence, but possibly worth checking?

pepone said:
Hello!

Can people test this new version? It should be more stable (/me crossing my fingers :ph34r: )
http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/gngeo0.7a-beta10.zip

Cool will try later. What is fixed in this version? Does it fix the sound buffer corruption that causes sound to degrade? Or is it for those that don't get sound at all?

Thanks for the work on this.

DaveC said:
pepone said:
Hello!

Can people test this new version? It should be more stable (/me crossing my fingers :ph34r: )
http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/gngeo0.7a-beta10.zip

Cool will try later. What is fixed in this version? Does it fix the sound buffer corruption that causes sound to degrade? Or is it for those that don't get sound at all?

Thanks for the work on this.

No, it should fix the 940 crashing bug. But since I can't really test easily this bug, it may not work at all :D

spin master boots up but after the neo geo screen it stays black
other games like metal slug 3 and neo drift work great at 240mhz

damned said:
You only have the issue with spin master? It may be an other bug. Did older version worked for you?

no older versions the same thing happened it seems to bee only with spin master though

damned said:

I have the same problem... it looks good till the end of the Neo Geo screen and the FBI Don't Use Drugs thingy... then it goes to black.

Back