GamesCom, Shoulderbuttons and Heating

ED and Askarus could be brothers. :D

The boy onto the right side of ED plays onto an interesting multi-Konsole-thingy it seems. Looks this thing eats up alot of different Cartridges.

I regularly carry it in the front left pocket of dress slacks/khakis or in the cargo pocket on shorts.
I have done these a few times (no shorts), but I stopped after being worried about the shoulder buttons and case when I had to sit in a car with it in my pocket while holding something I have since forgotten.

I move it to my front left shirt pocket with the headphone cable pulling down the pocket corner.
I have never even thought of this.  I use that pocket for everything else, but I always thought the Pandora was too big/heavy.  This may work for me until the new cases are shipped.

I giggle and smirk at the idea so many of you are using a Pelican case for general use.
My Pelican case also holds external HDDs, various flash drives and cards, and a game boy pocket, plus cables.  Mine is not used for "general use".  I use it to protect the stuff that would otherwise be floating around loose in a bag or something, and actually it is the stuff I have stored on these that is more important than the drives and such themselves.  I have backups, but those are useless to me when I am not at home.  I have a larger Pelican case that I use when I need to carry more stuff.  My reason for leaving the Pelican behind is that I will no longer need the HDDs, however, as I stated, I will probably be using my Pandora much more than I was.

To further restate the value of Pelican and related cases, I have seen twice recently HDDs that have been severely damaged while carried, or in a bag.  One fell from about waist high while being carried with some papers and a drink.  The other flew out of the bag a few feet before bouncing across the floor, when something else was being pulled out.  I don't want this to happen to either my HDDs or my Pandora.  This actually makes me second guess the idea of using my shirt pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
ED and Askarus could be brothers. :D

The boy onto the right side of ED plays onto an interesting multi-Konsole-thingy it seems. Looks this thing eats up alot of different Cartridges.
https://www.dragonbox.de/en/consoles-and-tools/168-retron5.html
Ha! Of course ED must have this in his shop!  :D  I hope Nintendo and SEGA don't look to close to this box... ^^"
I think clone hardware for the older stuff is now legal.  I can't recall what the time period is or what specifically plays into this, but there is nothing really iffy going on there other than the differences than playing on original hardware (in other words, some stuff may not work perfectly).

Everyone:

Are there other Pandora sitters?

If so, have you replaced your case, and how well does it hold up with such rough use?
I frequently carry mine in my back pocket (when not wearing cargo pants/shorts) and have occasionally sat on it but I don't do so regularly as it's very uncomfortable to sit on a block of plastic. I usually take it out and put it on the table or whatever to avoid sitting on it.I don't feel the couple dozen times I've sat on it has contributed much to the "well loved" look of the case. I've been using my 1Ghz for a couple years now and don't think I'm in need of a new case. New LCD cable is needed, but not a new case.

Last Time i bought me a new pant, i ask first to test the Sidepocket if it fits my Galaxy Note 2 or my Pandora ;)

And as it fits, i have now a new Baggy Pant which fits easely the Pandora..

I carry my Pandora usaly in a Side Pocket, and some time ago, bevore i got my first Smarphone, i carryd it everyday in this Pocket, whitout cracks, and it was the Black Case..

I plan the Pyra for Everyday Carry, as it should also be used as a Smartphone, and when the Pandora surviveded this whit the Bad Chinese Case, i doupt, the Pyra whill do this much better...

Zangief, Cammy and E Honda were there too? :blink: :p

06.jpg

I frequently carry mine in my back pocket (when not wearing cargo pants/shorts) and have occasionally sat on it but I don't do so regularly as it's very uncomfortable to sit on a block of plastic. I usually take it out and put it on the table or whatever to avoid sitting on it.I don't feel the couple dozen times I've sat on it has contributed much to the "well loved" look of the case. I've been using my 1Ghz for a couple years now and don't think I'm in need of a new case. New LCD cable is needed, but not a new case.
This is why I won't be sitting on mine.  I guess for me it is like the princess and the pea, because I am uncomfortable sitting on anything.  I usually keep a thin paperback notebook back there that doesn't bug me too much.  I was only asking in case I forget it in my front pocket and it gets a bit compressed, or if I need to throw it in my back pocket while running next door..  Thanks for sharing.

Last Time i bought me a new pant, i ask first to test the Sidepocket if it fits my Galaxy Note 2 or my Pandora And as it fits, i have now a new Baggy Pant which fits easely the Pandora.. I carry my Pandora usaly in a Side Pocket, and some time ago, bevore i got my first Smarphone, i carryd it everyday in this Pocket, whitout cracks, and it was the Black Case..
Ok, that is good to know.  By any chance did you ever crawl around with it or anything...I know, it sounds weird, but I mean to get at cables behind desks, computers and such.  I am pretty sure I will pull it out of my pocket if I need to do any of this, and if any damage occurs it may not matter much since new cases are coming.

I plan the Pyra for Everyday Carry, as it should also be used as a Smartphone, and when the Pandora surviveded this whit the Bad Chinese Case, i doupt, the Pyra whill do this much better...
I plan on carrying mine everyday too, for the same reason.

I was trying to figure out if he was doing cosplay or something.

Not realy Crawl around, just Climpd on the Sit of our Unimog, or while i carryd a Euro Palette at Work it got a bit compression, but as its a Side pocket, it was most times out of danger...

Just got in mind you carry a super Rare Item, and you automatly take care..

I wouldnt carry it when whe gatter Hailbails for the Sheeps, because the dust etc, but on normal work, it ditnt got harmd much..

And i have a wide field of thinks i make;

Im a Beeceeper, im Boyscout, drive Unimog, my Unkle Johannes dit had Sheep until he went to North Germany because the Montain Industrie in Saarland endet some yeahrs ago (he work for a Company, which used to make big holes in the earth to gatter Coal.. (dont know how this will called in English) and when he comes back in one week, he will continue to keep Sheeps ..

I hope, because the Pyra will be carryd more often, whe get some Aseccorys like a Silicone Case which protekts the Pyra more, but mybe whe only get a Hardcase..

But this time, ED seems to bring a lot Pyra relatet thing in his Shop, mybe i buy a Mug and a T-Short and something at sunday..

Man!  I have to give you credits for coming here and post frequently while working on the fields like that.  You so need an aluminum case man! :D

Thangs god, i ditnt work often on the fields, only in our Beeceeping Shop, other things are Hobby..

I had a Alu Case ony 3DS XL, but removed it because it was too cold,

But the Pyra Case should be a.bit togher, even in Plastic..

Hail in the Cloths, isnt nice.. (what is the Corekt English Word for Dryed and cutet Gras??)

hail reminds me a bit at Manowar "Hail and Kill"

(he work for a Company, which used to make big holes in the earth to gatter Coal.. (dont know how this will called in English)
The noun is mine,  the verb is  mining,  and the occupation is miner,  so you could say that he's a coal miner, or that he works in a coal mine or that he works for a mining company.

Also Beekeeping is spelt with a K. :)   

- Neelix

I really like reading matzesu's english, it reminds me of my german (when I briefly joined/read the german forums)  
That's nice for you.  It doesn't help me much though.  Personally,  I find it quite difficult to read most of the time,  occasionally to the point where I give up and move on without comprehending the text.  I don't like doing that because I do actually value his opinion, so I have an interest in helping him improve his English if he wants to do so.

- Neelix

Back