Release Fullspeed Amiga Emulation On Pandora!

Cheers GnoStiC you are a star. I done the odd bit of pro graphic work on the c64 when I was younger and the Amiga is my favourite machine ever. Tell Craig you can have a decent portion of my dev fund donation LOL. B)

This is great news. I ordered a pandora to emulate these machines I grew up with.
I previously had a gp32 and a first edition gp2x. They were able to emulate these old computers but not perfectly.
Given the fact that the pandora was built using our user input via this board, I have high hopes for these classic machines. We now have a keyboard, decent dpad, analog controllers, storage space and a perfect screen. This is why we built the Pandora !!!! I cannot wait ! Thank you very much for the coding...

I hope you take user input later down the line to make the pandora THE emulation device.

TomVS said:
This is great news. I ordered a pandora to emulate these machines I grew up with.
I previously had a gp32 and a first edition gp2x. They were able to emulate these old computers but not perfectly.
Given the fact that the pandora was built using our user input via this board, I have high hopes for these classic machines. We now have a keyboard, decent dpad, analog controllers, storage space and a perfect screen. This is why we built the Pandora !!!! I cannot wait ! Thank you very much for the coding...

I hope you take user input later down the line to make the pandora THE emulation device.

I hope the pandora will become a classic machine. So we can all go "remember the pandora times, they were so good"

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up that Gnostic released puae 2.0.1 a few days ago to the UAE mailing list.

It's picked up some interest in the non-pandora world as someone has finally ported all the latest WinUAE core features/compatibility to a Linux platform...

No info on speed/stability yet. Here is his post, hope he does not mind pasting here:

1) http://rapidshare.com/files/328367347/puaex_2009_12_31.tar.gz
2) ./bootstrap.sh
3) ./configure --with-sdl --with-sdl-sound --with-sdl-gfx --with-sdl-gl
--enable-gccopt
4) report any errors/bugs :)

cheers,

Mustafa TUFAN

fettouhi said:
We really need a video now of the amiga emulator running on the pandora. We've seen almost everything else :D ...

I'd love to see knights of the sky or stunt car racer running :D

clippa said:
fettouhi said:
We really need a video now of the amiga emulator running on the pandora. We've seen almost everything else :D ...

I'd love to see knights of the sky or stunt car racer running :D

Yeah, with sound would be nice this time. A P-UAE showcase in the same style as the recent c64 christmas youtube video would be fantastic. I know it would help to calm my endless "two more months" anxiety complex. Workbench 3.1 HDF support with WHDLoad games would really make a lot of folks on the amiga forums shut up with the endless "vapourware" and "get a psp" comments...

:D

Amiga emulation on the GP2X is already quite good. The main problem is not being able to use save states. That is why I prefer to play the Atari ST counterparts on Outcast. Hopefully this situation will change with the new Amiga emulator on the Pandora.

I'll be holding out for AGA emulation before making a decision on purchasing a Pandora. Would love it on the Wiz as well to be honest as thats what i have now

Doesn't this count as a portable amiga? :p
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30726

I don't know if it's done yet, though, so you still have a chance!

Beyond a joke now, seriously. How can you make a claim like "full speed amiga emulation" and not even back it up with a proper video with actual sound... The PSP and GP2X can emulate the amiga full speed with no sound.

I call shenanigans!

SHENANIGANS!!!!

NickLoTurco said:
I can't believe there aren't any video's of Amiga games running with sound yet. Massive oversight in my opinion. We need to sell this device!!! Please Craig!!!!!

We don't need to sell this device. There are no devices to sell. As Craig to do it out of the goodness of his heart, but not in order to sell more devices! Let's be honest, as soon as Pandoras are in people's hands there will be videos of people's favorite emulators and I'm sure plenty of those will be Amiga emulators. So no, Craig and co do not HAVE to make videos to sell devices, as plenty of people will do that for them; when there are actually any devices available to sell..

I currently don't have a Pandora here. As soon as my work was done it was sent on to a dev.

When these next cases arrive I'll have one again and make some new videos.

Just wanted to add that I remember when I connected an amplifier and 2 medium sized speakers to my Amiga. We put them high up on a wide shelf (had some these covering one wall of my room) and I remember that amazing Pinball Dreams song being played for the first time and just drowned the room in music. I also had a proper monitor connected, not just a regular TV, and the image was really nice and sharp with vibrant colors. Back then monitors and regular speakers wasn't very common to play games with.

Maybe Pinball Dreams will be my first game on Pandora. I loved the 2nd table with the train theme. I also loved the clown/circus themed table in Pinball Fantasies.

craigix said:
I currently don't have a Pandora here. As soon as my work was done it was sent on to a dev.

When these next cases arrive I'll have one again and make some new videos.

Do we know which devs got one of those near-complete Pandoras?

My first a500 had ofc a original C-monitor and it was hooked up to a car hifi system using a standard 12v car battery with a homemade accumelator to juice it (8ohm speakers) :) my best soundsystem ever on a Amiga :) Well enough talk about my old memories, to the point. I will be buying the Pandora much because of the Amiga emulator :)

But you do not have to rush with a Amiga video, im confident in the devs so no worries for me, focus on more important tasks then making movies :) But as said a video with sound playing the Monkey Island intro and I will "wiz my pants" (ignore my attempt to be funny) ;)

over and out //som99

som99 said:
[...]But as said a video with sound playing the Monkey Island intro and I will "wiz my pants" (ignore my attempt to be funny) ;) [...]

Teetututuuu (mh mh mhh mhhh)... Tutut,tutut,tutut,tutut... Best intro ever!
What I'm looking forward is to run DPaintIV anywhere, I've still got unfinished sprite sheets disks somewhere.

Is there a reason I see a huge gap after craig's response or is it just this stupid firewall my school has? it messes everything up.

Back