First newspost coming FROM the Pyra!

Clear has to be a thing. It just has to.

Make it so ED... Make it so...

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

Just had an interesting thought. With a clear case a person could probably 'personalize' the Pyra simply by pulling a few screws and slipping in a piece of paper with art on it into the lid.

OK, so that would be silly and look bad.

But - sticking a business card into the battery bay behind a clear battery door would be a quick and easy identification tag.

Just had an interesting thought. With a clear case a person could probably 'personalize' the Pyra simply by pulling a few screws and slipping in a piece of paper with art on it into the lid.

But - sticking a business card into the battery bay behind a clear battery door would be a quick and easy identification tag.
A really determined person could paint the Sistine Chapel Ceiling onto the (EDIT: PYRA!*) if he has the right dyes and hands \ printer, no matter what color it is currently.

How much do carbon dyes go by these days?

* I always have to edit my posts because I write 'pandora' instead of 'Pyra'. It was a really catchy name. Also, if there ever going to be a next one, It's going to be called the Dragonbox Sandwich. I don't care what you think:-||

EDIT 2: Perhaps we could also do modular strap-on cases, like the smartphones have.

I'm glad I chose to support the Pyra over the GPD WIN!
I am glad you did, too. Also, I like your penguin. Is it suggestive of Tux?

Don't you see the tape?
It has to be real.
Why is there tape? (I haven't read the other thread or Twitter post, so if this is answered ignore my question) I don't think I see it unless it is at the top.

machine Swirls are really creative as an idea, as no case is the same, ever.
but yeah, if I ever see a guy with a clear case PC I will probably whack him in the face.

Zero cool would own you d00d.
hackers_powerbook_duo_280c_2.jpg

BTW, I would consider the clear case as long as there isn't major light bleed anywhere on the front. As for professional looking colors for use at work, maybe there should be one of those (but if that is a concern why are you using your gaming device at work?).

For me I am stuck between dark red, dark grey/black, and clear, now. I don't know if I have a favorite. Maybe they should all just get mixed together (or maybe translucent dark red and/or black...now I am just making things worse).

Just gimme a damn hot pink one and let's call it a day.

Why is there tape? (I haven't read the other thread or Twitter post, so if this is answered ignore my question) I don't think I see it unless it is at the top.

It's inside the Lid to hold the cables in place.
It's because we broke one connector and one is a bit loose.
So nothing to worry about.

As i actually make paint from scratch, I have access to all sorts of interesting pigments...

Already in my workshop is a full range of flourescent pigments, natural pigments...

as well as:

* Invisible Blue!
* Phosphor!

And I can even get heat reactive pigment from my supplier... haven't ordered any yet because I couldn't think of a practical use for it yet...
... until now!

And guess what?
When the pigment is cool... it's Black
heat it up and... it turns Red!

(you can make other variations by mixing with other pigments, i.e. Dark Violet turning to Bright Magenta)

So I really want a clear case now... I will buy a few cases for experimentation if clear becomes an option.

** Painting the inside of the case of course... or just parts of the inside...

For instance, mod the Pyra to power a couple UV leds inside the case, paint with phosphor... have those leds run directly off battery and killable with a hardware switch... Radioactive Pyra!

CLEAR HAS TO BE A THING ED!!!!

Look out when using a clear case, or you get a cease and desist
However, yes, those look like nice ideas. As long as it conducts heat away... is there any thermoluminescent? Uh... skip that, just found out on Wikipedia it contains strontium sulfide, which is not very healthy for you, to say the least.

Look out when using a clear case, or you get a cease and desist
However, yes, those look like nice ideas. As long as it conducts heat away... is there any thermoluminescent? Uh... skip that, just found out on Wikipedia it contains strontium sulfide, which is not very healthy for you, to say the least.
I don't know what that is, but aren't bad dyes only bad for you when you eat them\heat them\touch them with naked hands?

I don't know what that is, but aren't bad dyes only bad for you when you eat them\heat them\touch them with naked hands?
I heat them, breath them, touch them... extensively.
But that is life.

Also, if I open something up once, you can be sure I will do it again and again...

I could look into thermoluminescence... but I'm sure I can mimic it or make it look more effective through modification and trickery.

Hang on a mo...
... just had a look at this image now, and aren't the leds on the lid terribly off center for the logo cutout?

What's going on here?

That's not their final position. That's why it's a prototype PCB, the final one will look vastly different :)

They don´t need to be centered, the transparent material the logo will be made of is of a diffuse type and it will spread those point lights through its body. Just like the mat.
You should not count me on these, but if you ever opened up any other similar type of stuff you´d get the idea. I doubt here would be different.

edit: oh heck...got ninjaed by Ed...don´t worry about what I said:$

Back