Release First Images Of Cnced Pandora

Paint will interfere with the keyboard and such fitting together properly.

If you mean the final case, it isn't really paint, but they'll be using black plastic when they injection-mold the final cases. So, it will be black instead of white.

edit: 3rd person to mention that. That's what I get for opening the forums and going to Database class.

Last edited by a moderator:
'haptagud' said:
This one is white simply because that is the color of the material used in the CNC manufacturing process. I think.
No, its not about price. Its about the fact you can stress points in the cases easier with a white case.

Speaking about something to talk about. Wouldn't it be keen if Mweston got the case already and started putting it together?

'Gruso' said:
Prediction: MWeston is keeping quiet until he has a solid video done. Then he'll drop it on us. Drop it like a bomb.
I'll second that prediction..
This will be a big milestone in the Pandora project and a great time to show off what the Pandora's about. I'm expecting something special :D

well, i thought that several times in the past and it never happend. "why the delay? probably, they are doing something special" and then it was getting a minor update with refinements over time. Still, I hope you are right this time.

Sorry everyone, Fatih emailed me this morning to tell me the cases are being shipped to me today so I will be lucky to get them next Monday, perhaps Tuesday. The delay was waiting for clear light pipes to arrive so it could all ship at once to me. They didn't follow my instructions and made them solid white the first time. I wanted the complete package to do the tests right and completely. I also have no shortage of work this week so it isn't like I am twiddling my thumbs waiting for them to arrive. :)

When I do get everything I will try hard to do up the demo right since I agree it might be an important milestone. I will have to get some proper video editing software or send video chunks to Craig for editing. A big part of the challenge is getting software devs to add the internal game support to their work even though it isn't as easy or enjoyable for them to test it on their own. Playing the Quake games with the nubs and shoulder buttons would be a dream come true for me!

Yaaaaaaaahhhh! woohoo!

It looks nice and slimmer than i've expected!
A major leap to the next fase.

Keep up the good work guys!

Thanks for the heads up Mweston! Always appreciated. I look forward to next week.

Just a suggestion for the video.
Turn off the autofocus and auto brightness control.
Set them manually, and you should get some good clear video.
Run a video out to a monitor to verify your focus.

Good luck!

'j.pickens' said:
Just a suggestion for the video.
Turn off the autofocus and auto brightness control.
Set them manually, and you should get some good clear video.
Run a video out to a monitor to verify your focus.

Good luck!
Not brightness control but "white balance". Most cameras comes with a couple of settings but the best thing is to calibrate it on your own if your camera supports it. Simply hold something white in front of the camera (like a sheet of paper) and press the calibration button. Then you are ready to shoot, but you must recalibrate when you move the camera or change the lighting.

Back