Release First Images Of Cnced Pandora

'Vorporeal' said:
He'll probably assemble it fairly quickly, knowing the voracity of the community for wanting videos, and will make a video after doing initial setup and testing.
That's not good enough. We should have video of him receiving, opening, unpacking, and finally assembling it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
'Vorporeal' said:
What I'm wondering is if they'll be able to untether it from a power outlet and be able to run it off battery power... :D
At this stage one should certainly hope so.

We can but wait and see...

'frefol' said:
'Vorporeal' said:
He'll probably assemble it fairly quickly, knowing the voracity of the community for wanting videos, and will make a video after doing initial setup and testing.
That's not good enough. We should have video of him receiving, opening, unpacking, and finally assembling it. :D

Yeah. We should really have a constant webcam-feed to the whole crew, so we can watch their every move and make sure everything they do is Pandora-productive! "Oh no little fella, you ain't taking a crap until my Panda is done..."
Nah but seriously, I love how open the developers are. I mean, they are really posting every move. It's easy to forget how unique and amazing this is for a gadget-development process. Anyway, keep up the good work!

When ARE we going to see the Pandora in CNC case running from the Battery. Doesn't it need to be able to do this, before the go ahead to order a bazillion injection mold cases?

RajTakhar said:
What is the commercial game port craig mentioned in his twitter post?, which will be ported to the Pandora and the iPhone

A glorious and wonderful surprise that I hope will not be revealed before the right time, and not just because of incessant whining about there being not enough information.
I've noticed I've become a lot more cynical the last couple days. I wonder why that is.

'RajTakhar' said:
What is the commercial game port craig mentioned in his twitter post?, which will be ported to the Pandora and the iPhone
Duke Nukem Forever!(?)

'Phawx' said:
When ARE we going to see the Pandora in CNC case running from the Battery. Doesn't it need to be able to do this, before the go ahead to order a bazillion injection mold cases?
Wouldn't it need to be tested with a final keymat first too?

'Asmo' said:
'Phawx' said:
Wouldn't it need to be tested with a final keymat first too?

Yes of course. It's meant for it to be fully tested before rushing into mass production of any custom made parts. But I'm also curious about the battery. Why wasn't it possible with the FDM?

'GuSec' said:
Yes of course. It's meant for it to be fully tested before rushing into mass production of any custom made parts. But I'm also curious about the battery. Why wasn't it possible with the FDM?
The FDMs were made before the battery design changed weren't they?

'Asmo' said:
'GuSec' said:
The FDMs were made before the battery design changed weren't they?

No, the last FDM shown had the slide off battery door, and was supposed to be the same as the CNC case.
They did have to modify the CNC files slightly, due to a translation error, as it was reported.

The FDM cases probably didn't run off of battery because the batteries they had were prototypes, as the company producing the batteries had just changed the battery dimensions. The batteries didn't have any real case/shielding, so they probably didn't run anything off the batteries just to be careful, and because they were still prototype batteries.

A minor concern - looking at the pics - you can see that the key contacts seem to be vanishing further and further under the housing. Is that really the case, or just due to perspective on the photos?

Dan.

Perspective. (By the way, the "Puzzled!" thread is about the assembled pics, this one was about the parts individually, pre-assembly.)

MFK's assembled CNC doesn't have a keymat, so the buttons are sitting low. MWeston's model (when we see it) will have a keymat.

I would have thought the reason they didnt use the battery in the FDM case was because it wasn't perfectly sized due to the process.

I mean there were all kinds of imperfections.

But this CNC case should be just as good as the mold injection stuff that we are getting right? So Mweston should be able to test the battery with it? I mean, they HAVE to test the battery, no? I saw a stack of the prototype batteries.

Also, Yeesh on the delivery timeline from China to Canada. Fatih has had the prototype case since monday.

'Despellanion' said:
The case will be getting a paintjob right? :unsure:
nope but the mass produced one will be black, this one is white because that is handy for stress testing (and probably cheaper)

This one is white simply because that is the color of the material used in the CNC manufacturing process. I think.

Back