Final preorders, action required

I know that I m a bit late again =D ... buuut :

@ CraigX : Nice to have you back !

...oki ... now everyone go on with whatever you wanted to post pls ... =P

Last edited by a moderator:
This is wonderfully exciting news! I didn't have much choice but to wait it out, but I'm just as excited now as I was when I made my order way, way back. Looking forward to the e-mail. :D

Glad you're back Craig(ix) :D . Also glad about the Final preorder situation .

Should those of us with pending TV-Out cable orders be expecting emails? Not that I am so entirely devastated if we don't. I still only paid the original CC price for my Pandora and accessories, and had my PTOD fixed for free, plus bought a few extra case bits from ED. Really, I feel like by todays value and the ultimate manufacturing costs, buying a new TV-Out cable outright and losing my original order for one would be pretty small fry and a totally acceptable loss relative to what I actually gained.

This does sound like a step forward.  I hope the posting date of the OP is ironic and not an April Fools Joke.

No hard feelings, this is a great news to us all.

My prayers to ED and Craigix. Hopefully we will soon get through all these unfortunate incidents and move on. 

Just a quick information:

I passed the newsletter and the survey on to Craig yesterday, so he'll hopefully prepare it during the next few days.

Nothing has been sent out yet, so you didn't miss anything, no worries.

I'll also make sure it's posted here at the boards, in case your eMail address is not valid anymore.

Craig does not want to give me the preorder list, but he wants to follow my plan and send the newsletter I will prepare, so we'll get the details.
This has just been brought to my attention, I've no idea why Ed has posted this, I've no issues with sharing the information (with Ed), that's exactly what this survey will do...

So why not just give him your list? Why a survey?

Edit: But well, getting everything up to date might also be a good plan.

Good luck :)

I posted that since there was a different thread where discussions where going on and a lot of users requested that I should try to get the preorder list in order to be able to take care about the next steps.

I posted there that I'll see what I can do and simply stated here that I didn't get the list but that this post and newsletter derived from the idea.

Its been said before... but a 15 min chat on the phone really would sort out things better.

IRC and PM's are all good but not as good

Either way though, sounds like slowly comms are happening which is a good thing all round.

No bashing

Yep, and update on iCP2 too, which also seems to be going well now.

....what's, is that, is that light I see at the end of the tunnel? :)

This is my final post about this. Please, someone take notes and stop this being forgotten...

There is something called the 'data protection act' in the UK.

I cannot just start sharing peoples information with a 3rd party without following the code of conduct.

That will require me to get every persons permission to do this as there is no prior agreement.

Yes, I suppose I could throw caution to the wind and just not do that, but seeing as the fine can be as high as £500,000 (half a million UK pounds) it's probably not a good idea.

Also, the survey was Eds idea and I agreed it was the best way to finalise things.

I hope this clears that up.

This is my final post about this. Please, someone take notes and stop this being forgotten...

There is something called the 'data protection act' in the UK.
As I thought. The law in Sweden is fairly similar. 

Makes perfect sense, now you mention it. Wasn't something I had even considered but yes I know about that act.

Due to the 2 companies being separate entities, confirmation/permission has to be given for the list to be passed over to ED.

More admin for you guys

Back