Final preorders, action required

don't think so, otherwise we would have seen copies there... I didn't at least...

Has it been made clear who should be expecting the email?

Will it be just people who ordered a 600Mhz Pandora, or will the people waiting for a 1Ghz Pandora also get the email? Should people who pre ordered TV out cables from OP Ltd expect an email?

@ Craig : Great to see you & ED working towards a common goal & thanks for explaining the reason for not providing ED with your pre order list, your recent efforts to communicate with the Pandora community are much appreciated.

Maybe one should update the OP to reflect the change in schedule and EDs announcement to update this thread accordingly.

This might reduce the amount of "I didn't get any mail yet" - posts.

I wonder what kind of emails the people in the refund queue will get. A premium refund upgrade perhaps?

I stopped working for the organisation that I used the email for, this was about 20 months ago.

How do I update my email address?

Who do I notify?

How do I get my pre-order OpenPandora?

Giddion - One thing that I would do if I were you, is to wait and observe these boards in the next few days.  Once you see the official survey posted - by Craig or EvilDragon, HERE, then you'll know more about what to do.....especially if you didn't get an email.  You can always try to contact Craig on Twitter (https://twitter.com/craigix) but he's historically been shy/sly about giving details to unsatisfied customers.  Good luck.  Also, I'm confident that if you've paid for said device, that you will get said device...like no other time in Pandora history.  Good times are ahead, for all of us.

I stopped working for the organisation that I used the email for, this was about 20 months ago.

How do I update my email address?

Who do I notify?

How do I get my pre-order OpenPandora?
If you send an email to openpandorasales@gmail.com with enough details to identify your order and request them to update the email address they have on record for you I'm sure they'll be happy to do so.

- Neelix

We're now ready to do this, so this is happening today, slowly. They will probably all be sent by 2am UK time or so. If any issues crop up I'll stop and start again and so on.

As always I'm using Eds mail server via a script.

You must respond by clicking one of the links in the email.

Ideally we would like everyone to upgrade to some extent, obviously.

Please consider that, the 1Ghz is a really nice machine. It will allow Ed to wrap things up so much quicker.

Once again, what can we say, it was never supposed to go on like this. I do sit awake at night and wish we never started this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with Alerino. Which of course is helped by me actually having a Pandora in my hands, but still - Only doing safe things makes a boring world. Of course, boring sometimes is better than broke and in debt :/  but you have accomplished weird and wonderful things, too.

I agree with Alerino and Moxie.  Thank YOU so much for your efforts, Craig.  Without your sacrifices, this incredible machine wouldn't have been possible.  Let things play out as they may, and try to take the high road, and history will look upon you favorably.

Imo much pressure is stemming from the damn long running pre-order queue. Get that sucker nailed and in time things will be rosy again.

The pandora is extremely unique.

@ Craig : Any word on who should be expecting the email?

Is it just those who paid for a 600Mhz Pandora?

Or is it also those who pre ordered 1 Ghz units with OP Ltd?

Should people who paid for a TV Out cable expect an email as these are hopefully being produced soon?

lease consider that, the 1Ghz is a really nice machine. It will allow Ed to wrap things up so much quicker.

Once again, what can we say, it was never supposed to go on like this. I do sit awake at night and wish we never started this.
tumblr_mjx5zfAk2o1qbjt25o1_500.gif

You've done well Craig. There isn't anything else to go wrong.  :D

ive got to admit, i totally lost track of how the preorder madness went on as soon as i received my unit.

ive had it for a while now and just recently came back to this forum.

reminiscing when the first customers got their units, all the unforseen in between, the unbroken constant struggle to please each and every customer til this very day ...

this community right here so very special for exactly two reasons:

1. the people who still believe in it. you made all of this possible in the first place. some of you are still waiting for their units. keep your hopes up, you will receive and love them in the end. you guys are awesome!

2. the bunch of ppl who still keep struggling with production, sales, delivery, soft- and firmware updates etc. even tho at times the pandora was facing a rather grim future, you kept dealing with it and turned it all to the better. i can not imagine what a hell of a job that might be. you guys are awesome!

ive never seen anything like this anywhere else and i do believe its important to mention that.

These are slowly sending, I'm keeping an eye on them and making sure everything is running as it should.

(report any weirdness here please)

Back