Fba2x By Headoverheels (thank You Squidge)

Rivroner

This is a quick version but with useful and important changes:

- Frame limiter and autoframeskip.

- Fps counter (L+R+Y)

- Added Craigix Ram Timmings.

- Volume control.

- Now you can exit from the emulator with L+R+START

- Button mapping modified for vertical games(VOL_UP & VOL_DOWN to Fire , L & R to change volume)

- A few changes and optimizations here and there :p

Happy Xmas to everybody!

You can download it from GP32SPAIN :) Enjoy it ;) :

FBA2X_Headoverheels

-Headoverheels have said that in next release he will tryi to improve CPS1 emulation :) Now the CPS1 games are the slowest in FBA2X.You get like 35 fps in Ghouls and Ghost at 270 OC and about 19 in Willow at the same speed for instance.But games like Truxton 2 (not a CPS1 game) run at 55-60 fps all the time at 270 :)

*And do not forget this:" You will need the last Squidge release(selector is included), overwrite Squidge release with the release of Headoverheels, or use gmenu2x or a similar aplication to launch a rom name like a parameter.

WOW !!!
DonPatch Perfecly full speed at 240 !!!

Yeahhhhouuuuu,

Do DoDonPatchi works in this release ?

Thanks for the information

Big thanks to Squige and Headoverheels
paxl13

Awesome! this emulator has so much potential great to see some more work done on it.

EDIT: Just wondering if all the buttons are mapped? For example some games that use more than 2 buttons (ie. Final Fight) seem to have them missing.

Also do you plan to add support for the Taito games? Like Operation Wolf, etc?

Great Stuff!

VOLUME CONTROL!! and vertical fire control!

Now this is great, all it needs now are some scaling options to play un-scaled 1:1 if we want and some software horiz only scale like CPS2 has.

DaveC said:

Now this is great, all it needs now are some scaling options to play un-scaled 1:1 if we want and some software horiz only scale like CPS2 has.
I am agree with you :)

I will add one more petition, this emu needs a dat file like Mame, so we can find the correct romset :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rivroner said:
DaveC said:

I will add one more petition, this emu needs a dat file like Mame, so we can find the correct romset :)

Well you are Spanish right? Maybe you can suggest to him these things. Tell him to look at the scaling options in the CPS2 emu. The way the software scale that scales horizontal only and averages looks best. Doing full hardware scale to get rid of the tiny bars on top and bottom looks bad and isn't worth it. I think the source is available too for CPS2 so he could just "borrow" that code and not have to re-write from scratch. They could be set in a sub-menu, no need to bind to a button.

DaveC said:
Rivroner said:
DaveC said:

Well you are Spanish right? Maybe you can suggest to him these things. Tell him to look at the scaling options in the CPS2 emu. The way the software scale that scales horizontal only and averages looks best. Doing full hardware scale to get rid of the tiny bars on top and bottom looks bad and isn't worth it. I think the source is available too for CPS2 so he could just "borrow" that code and not have to re-write from scratch. They could be set in a sub-menu, no need to bind to a button.

I have suggest him to read this thread and answer your questions ;)

Is the source released ? I would like to look if it would be not so hard to implement the high memory support.

paxl13

It's probably released on the spanish forums, but instead of trying to register there to look it up, you can download the version I released and check on there. If it's easy you can merge you changes later.

:) Great work HEAD OVER HELLS, however in MAGIC SWORD i can't insert coin for play it :( .
For this game, the SELECT for insert coin don't work, can you fix it?

Squidge can you put the source code of GEX emu?
Thank you.

God I hate it when people assume that you know what their news post is talking about. WHAT THE HELL IS FBA2X FOR FUCKS SAKE?!?

God I hate it when people assume that you know what their news post is talking about. WHAT THE HELL IS FBA2X FOR F***S SAKE?!?

Where there really a need for the swearing? Typing FBA2X into google would have told you exactly what it was, and the previous versions and peoples comments...

Stainy said:
WHat can this play then ??
Well, now you know what it is from the above, you can read the readme file of the PC version, which tells you exactly what it plays, or, alternatively, you can read the previous posts on this forum...

Squidge said:
God I hate it when people assume that you know what their news post is talking about. WHAT THE HELL IS FBA2X FOR F***S SAKE?!?

Where there really a need for the swearing? Typing FBA2X into google would have told you exactly what it was, and the previous versions and peoples comments...

Stainy said:
WHat can this play then ??
Well, now you know what it is from the above, you can read the readme file of the PC version, which tells you exactly what it plays, or, alternatively, you can read the previous posts on this forum...

The more interesting question is, is this Emulator faster than the Arcade Emus we have at Gp2X (MAME, CPS2 etc...)? ^_^ I know, CPS1 is very slow on MAME, even overclocked.

fusion_power said:
The more interesting question is, is this Emulator faster than the Arcade Emus we have at Gp2X (MAME, CPS2 etc...)? ^_^ I know, CPS1 is very slow on MAME, even overclocked.
What is FBA2x? Short answer it's an arcade emulator specializing in 68000 & Z80 games.
This means it does games like Neo Geo, CPS-1, CPS-2, Taito and Cave games. Lots of others too.

Short answer is yes it is. It plays CPS-1 games faster than MAME. But the beauty is that it plays other games that MAME currently cannot. If you a shooter fan then you are in for a treat!

Check out Truxton II and Don Pachi and it's sequel DoDon Pachi.

Hopefully Head over Heels or Squidgey can add Taito driver support for games like Operation Wolf.

Just as a matter of interest, is there a technical reason why some of the games are currently not supported?

Since a dedicated CPS1 emu never materialized it is nice that this plays them. I am just wondering why CPS1 games play slower with poor sound on FBA and MAME but CPS2 games play full speed with near perfect sound at 200 MHz on the GP2X. Isn't CPS2 more complex than CPS1?

DaveC said:
Isn't CPS2 more complex than CPS1?
It would be logical. The simple reason would be perhaps that CPS2 is more optimised.

Back