Fba2x - Finalburn Alpha Beta 6 Released

I have been using this emulator a lot the last few days. There are a lot reason why to use this great emulator.

First of all, Cave arcade games! They are just the best Shmups around. Perfect emulation. DonPachi and DoDonPachi! Need I say more? These are some of the best vertical shooters ever created.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_(company)

The second is the CPS2 emulation is awesome for some games. 19-- series, SF series, and Vampire Hunter series... Wow. Vampire Savior 2 runs 100% with no frame drops. I compared it with CPS2emu emulating Vampire Savior 2 running with zero frame skips instead of auto (holding play/select buttions and using the vol to change the frame skip) it is running around 70%. It is night and day when you watch the two emulators running side by side.

I would like to make a small request. Would it be possible to add a button mapping feature to FBA or default the keys to something like what CPS2emu uses?

I do have a question about the NeoGeo emulation. I haven't tried it yet because I am out of space on my SD card (only 8gigs) but does it emulate as well as the NeoGeox2? Also does it require having the NeoGeo bios and NeoGeo system files in the rom directory?

Keep up the great work and I hope we see more of this.

not sure how good it is, but neogeo emul does work...and you do need a neogeo.zip bios file in your roms directory

Hi,

I've decided to update the compatibility list myself... this is such a great emulator, I thought it would be a nice way to contribute :)

So here it goes...

Every ROM (bman's updated rominfo) was checked using CLRMAME with FBA v0.2.96.72 dat and FBA2x v7.1.
I consider a rom as working if it reaches the title screen (some games may have sound issues, or be too slow even when overclocking...), and I only used PARENT roms, NO CLONES (with one exception: SSF2T)

Working ROMs:

1941.zip
1944.zip
1945kiii.zip
19xx.zip
2020bb.zip
3countb.zip
3in1semi.zip
3wonders.zip
4in1boot.zip
agallet.zip
alpham2.zip
androdun.zip
aodk.zip
aof.zip
aof2.zip
armwar.zip
avsp.zip
bad.bat
bakatono.zip
bangbead.zip
batcir.zip
batrider.zip
batsugun.zip
berlwall.zip
bgaregga.zip
biomtoy.zip
bjourney.zip
bombjack.zip
bonkadv.zip
breakers.zip
bstars.zip
bstars2.zip
burningf.zip
captcomm.zip
cawing.zip
choko.zip
cookbib2.zip
cookbib3.zip
crsword.zip
csclub.zip
ctomaday.zip
cworld2j.zip
cyberlip.zip
cybots.zip
ddonpach.zip
ddsom.zip
ddtod.zip
dfeveron.zip
dimahoo.zip
dino.zip
dogyuun.zip
donpachi.zip
doubledr.zip
dstlk.zip
dynwar.zip
ecofghtr.zip
eightman.zip
esprade.zip
explbrkr.zip
fantasia.zip
fantsia2.zip
fantsy95.zip
fatfursp.zip
fatfury1.zip
fatfury2.zip
fbfrenzy.zip
ffight.zip
fightfev.zip
finalttr.zip
flipshot.zip
forgottn.zip
gaia.zip
galaxyfg.zip
galhustl.zip
galpanic.zip
ganryu.zip
ghostlop.zip
ghouls.zip
gigawing.zip
goalx3.zip
gowcaizr.zip
gpilots.zip
gtmr.zip
gtmr2.zip
guwange.zip
hellfire.zip
honeydol.zip
hook.zip
hyperpac.zip
irrmaze.zip
janshin.zip
jockeygp.zip
joyjoy.zip
jyangoku.zip
kabukikl.zip
karnovr.zip
kbash.zip
knights.zip
kod.zip
kof94.zip
kotm.zip
kotm2.zip
lbowling.zip
legendos.zip
lresort.zip
magdrop2.zip
magdrop3.zip
maglord.zip
mahoudai.zip
mahretsu.zip
marukodq.zip
megaman.zip
megaman2.zip
mercs.zip
mgcrystl.zip
miexchng.zip
minasan.zip
missw96.zip
mmatrix.zip
moremore.zip
moremorp.zip
mosyougi.zip
mpang.zip
msh.zip
mshvsf.zip
mslug.zip
msword.zip
mtwins.zip
mutnat.zip
mvsc.zip
nam1975.zip
ncombat.zip
ncommand.zip
nemo.zip
neobombe.zip
neocup98.zip
neodrift.zip
neogeo.zip
neomrdo.zip
nitd.zip
nwarr.zip
ohmygod.zip
outzone.zip
pang3.zip
panicbom.zip
pbobbl2n.zip
pbobblen.zip
pgoal.zip
pnickj.zip
pnyaa.zip
popbounc.zip
powerins.zip
progear.zip
pspikes2.zip
punisher.zip
puzzledp.zip
pzloop2.zip
qad.zip
qndream.zip
qtono2.zip
quizdai2.zip
quizdais.zip
quizkof.zip
ridhero.zip
ringdest.zip
roboarmy.zip
samsho.zip
samsho2.zip
savagere.zip
sdodgeb.zip
sengoku.zip
sengoku2.zip
sf2.zip
sf2ce.zip
sfa.zip
sfa2.zip
sfa3.zip
sfzch.zip
sgemf.zip
shippumd.zip
slammast.zip
snowbro2.zip
snowbros.zip
socbrawl.zip
sonicwi2.zip
sonicwi3.zip
spf2t.zip
spinmast.zip
ssf2.zip
ssf2t.zip
ssideki.zip
ssideki2.zip
ssideki3.zip
stakwin.zip
stakwin2.zip
strhoop.zip
strider.zip
superspy.zip
supmodel.zip
tekipaki.zip
theroes.zip
tophuntr.zip
toppyrap.zip
tpgolf.zip
trally.zip
truxton.zip
truxton2.zip
turfmast.zip
twinadv.zip
twinkle.zip
twinspri.zip
tws96.zip
unsquad.zip
uopoko.zip
varth.zip
vfive.zip
vhunt2.zip
viewpoin.zip
vliner.zip
vsav.zip
vsav2.zip
wh1.zip
wh2.zip
wh2j.zip
willow.zip
wjammers.zip
wof.zip
xmcota.zip
xmvsf.zip
zedblade.zip
zerowing.zip
zintrckb.zip
zipzap.zip
zupapa.zip

Not Working ROMs:

aerofgt.zip
aof3.zip
bbakraid.zip
blazeon.zip
blazstar.zip
bloodwar.zip
diggerma.zip
fatfury3.zip
fstarfrc.zip
garou.zip
ginkun.zip
gururin.zip
hsf2.zip
karatblz.zip
kf2k3pcb.zip
kizuna.zip
kof2000.zip
kof2001.zip
kof2002.zip
kof2003.zip
kof95.zip
kof96.zip
kof97.zip
kof98.zip
kof99.zip
kov.zip
lastblad.zip
lastbld2.zip
matrim.zip
ms5pcb.zip
mslug2.zip
mslug3.zip
mslug4.zip
mslug5.zip
mslugx.zip
naname.zip
news.zip
ninjamas.zip
orlegend.zip
overtop.zip
preisle2.zip
pulstar.zip
ragnagrd.zip
rbff1.zip
rbff2.zip
rbffspec.zip
riot.zip
rotd.zip
s1945p.zip
sailormn.zip
samsh5sp.zip
samsho3.zip
samsho4.zip
samsho5.zip
sengoku3.zip
shocktr2.zip
shocktro.zip
spinlbrk.zip
ssideki4.zip
svc.zip
svcpcb.zip
turbofrc.zip
wakuwak7.zip
wc90.zip
whp.zip

There may be some errors as FBA2x sometimes crashes even with good roms... and sorry for listing zipnames and not the game names, but i used these lists to do some scripts to delete and move roms around.

Any errors you detect, feel free to post :)

Good list Barracuda ; thanks for the effort. This will surely be useful :)

Btw I wondered if it will be possible making service modes availible for configuration ? I think I shouldn't be the only one who wants to configure the games ; especially darkstalkers and sfzero games are too easy on arcade mode...

It's the only thing I'm missing in fba2x ; other than that it's almost perfect

keep up the nice work everyone

Cheers Barracuda. Have been lookin for a compatibilty list for ages!
This is an excellent emulator and prob my most used!

My next step is to find the full names for each Rom!

yeah, I'll probably get the rom fullnames and edit the list.. or maybe someone else wants to do it :p but right now I want to spend some time playing, after spending hours going through all the roms one by one... i got kinda tired of it. hehe :D

Barracuda said:
yeah, I'll probably get the rom fullnames and edit the list.. or maybe someone else wants to do it :p but right now I want to spend some time playing, after spending hours going through all the roms one by one... i got kinda tired of it. hehe :D
I have a fbacapex fix for the romlist here so I could just edit rominfo.fba and change the manufacturer to NOT_WORKING based on your list and update it.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the list. not hard to figure out the full names (meaning its not a big deal that you don't have them not complaining that you don't). should prove useful for anyone trying to play every game that actually works on the current version of fba2x. fba2x is the emu that really needed this kind of list as whats supported is really least documented yet doesn't just focus on one kind of game like cps2 or neo geo. so should be good for people just trying the emu to figure out what to start with and people who've used it before to see if there are any good working games they missed.

Nice work, Barracuda.

I've been very lazy... I should have updated this ages ago. :rolleyes:

Barracuda said:
I could do it... I'll just use my previous format. :p

i was testing too ..and posting on gp2x wiki
but due lack of updates and still a beta version
i thought this will never end

powerfull Fba2x :)

jbrodack said:
I can't seem to get dimahoo or outzone to work with fba2x. It loads then leaves me at a blank screen. outzone I know works in the current version of mame4all.
Just rechecked and are both working, you probably have incorrect rom sets, use clrmame with FBA 0.2.96.72 dat file (generate from the emu itself on pc) :)

It was kind of tough but I created/found working roms for dimahoo and outzone for fba2x with the help of ctrlmame pro. outzone i only got to work with a "set 3" but at least its working and runs better then in mame. dimahoo runs well and only just realized that its a cps2 game so runs in that emu as well. one things is driving me crazy about it though. how are you supposed to tell how many bombs you have left?

jbrodack said:
It was kind of tough but I created/found working roms for dimahoo and outzone for fba2x with the help of ctrlmame pro. outzone i only got to work with a "set 3" but at least its working and runs better then in mame. dimahoo runs well and only just realized that its a cps2 game so runs in that emu as well. one things is driving me crazy about it though. how are you supposed to tell how many bombs you have left?
That's a bug in Dimahoo... present in both FBA2X and CPS2emu.

The trailing crystals that are suppose to indicate the number of bombs are missing.

Furthermore, the battle with the Stage 1 boss, the Giant Turtle-tank, is broken. The boss is suppose to keep on moving up the screen, but it would get stuck at the bottom, and the hit detection between you and the boss would disappear. The battle would eventually just end with the boss self-destructing. :blink:

thats a weird bug. I think I was able to beat the first boss before quickly before things got messed up once. but other times it kind of looked like i was supposed to be fighting some other enemy WITH the boss and then it just exploded.

and kind of annoying to not be able to see how many bomb you have. oh well still a pretty cool game and tons more cool shooters to be able to play in fba2x

Back