Fba2x By Headoverheels (thank You Squidge)

new version available here

what's new in beta5:
-Fix a bug in Magic Sword from the beta 4
-Add support for DoDonPachi.

I have found that some games that can´t open the zip if you restart the emulator and try again then work :D ¿a bug?

Anyway, in next releases Head have said that will be a change in romset or something that way.

Squidge said:
I must also thank Headoverheels for the improvements he's made to this emulator already.
Thank you Squidge for your port, without your hard work we wouldn´t have this emulator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rivroner said:
I have found that some games that can´t open the zip if you restart the emulator and try again then work :D ¿a bug?

Anyway, in next releases Head have said that will be a change in romset or something that way.
I experienced this as well while testing out the compatibility in my report. Sometimes the program reject some of the ROM sets (or have some glitches when loaded), but would work after restarting the GP2X.

Anyway, thank you, & to Yod4z as well for the news updates. Give my thanks to HeadOverHeels for the great updates. Thank you also Squidge for initially porting this emulator. :D

This emulator is fantastic. Don Pachi and DoDonPachi feel like they were made just for the GP2X, the graphics are so gorgeous and fluid at just 200mhz. Simply amazing. Ghosts and Ghouls plays great, too.

Thanks for the updates! Great stuff! Looking forward to more than 2-button support for games that need it. :)

EDIT: I think you are right. Anyway Final Fight *IS* three buttons but the third button is only used to release yourself when you are being held. I just assumed it was another offensive button so when it wasn't doing anything I was wrongly assuming it was mapped.

SO! Kudos to all, sorry about the confusion and long live FBA2X! :)

slaanesh said:
Thanks for the updates! Great stuff! Looking forward to more than 2-button support for games that need it. :)
Hey slaanesh, what other games need support for more buttons?

(You mentioned Final Fight in a previous post, but it seems it only use 2 buttons. ;) )

From my testing, I only found 2 games that need more buttons:

- Forgotten Worlds, which lacks the spinner controls to rotate your firing (still playable though, but very challenging :p ).

- Dogyuun, which lacks the 3rd button (to eject item) when playing in vertical mode.

EDIT: I meant games that currently have missing buttons.

Amazing, DoDonPachi works really well!
Is it possible to improve sound quality though? Sound is horrible.
I tried to add --samplerate 44100 in GMenu2X parameters, but I don't notice any difference. It's not CPS1 game is it? :huh:

Burbruee said:
Amazing, DoDonPachi works really well!
Is it possible to improve sound quality though? Sound is horrible.
I tried to add --samplerate 44100 in GMenu2X parameters, but I don't notice any difference. It's not CPS1 game is it? :huh:
Nope, DoDonPachi is a Cave game. :D

The sound definitely needs to be improved, but there are so many other aspects that needs to be improved as well. I'm just glad that it's getting better for every new update. :p

AND GOD IS GOOD WITH USSSSS !!!!!

I CAN'T EVEN imaginate that I'm playing Do Don Pachi on my '2x !!!!!

THANKS A LOT HeadOver HELL!!!!

paxl13

Very good emulator. Even plays NeoGeo raster-effect games without graphic glitches. :) We just need an option to go into the rom-bios settings.

DoDon Pachi plays great. And these Games have the right resolution of 320x240 - perfect! :D If my crappy GP2X F100 Stick would be better, I really could play these Shmups forever.

Rivroner must be sleeping, otherwise I dont know why he hasn't posted this yet

Fba2x beta 6

http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?t=51343

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wenasss a todos
Os subo una nueva versión del FBA2X (para el que no sepa de que va esto http://fba.emuunlim.com/). En esta versión los cambios son muy numerosos, ya que he actualizado gran parte del código a la última versión del FBA 0.2.96.72 además de añadir otras modificaciones. Os indico las principales:

* Actualizados el romset al del MAME 0.117u3 y añadidos varios clones
* CPS1: corregidos los problemas con Saturday Night Slam Masters (slammast,slammasu,mbomberj,mbombrd,mbombrdj)
* CPS2: añadidas funciones de descifrado de roms y soporte para los 32MB de memoria alta. Muchos de los juegos ya funcionan sin necesidad de crear archivos de caché. Otros como el DDSOM siguen sin funcionar por problemas de gestión de memoria.
* CAVE: corregidos problemas con ESP Ra.De.(esprade,espradej,espradeo), Dangun Feveron (dfeveron,feversos), Thunder Heroes (theroes), Gaia Crusaders (gaia), Guwange (guwange), Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon(sailormo,sailormn) y Air Gallet(agallet)
* Nuevos juegos soportados:
o Biomechanical Toy(biomtoy)
o Gals Panic(galpanic)
o Kaneko Pandora: Hyper Pacman(hyperpac,hyperpcb), Cookie & Bibi 2(cookbib2), Cookie & Bibi 3(cookbib3), More More(moremore,moremorep), XESS - The New Revolution (SemiCom 3-in-1)(3in1semi), Toppy & Rappy(toppyrap), Twinkle(twinkle), Puzzle King(4in1boot), Final Tetris(finalttr), Twin Adventure(twinadv,twinadvk), Honey Dolls(honeydol), Snow Bros(snowbros,snowbroa,snowbrob,snowbroc,snowbroj, wintbob),Snow Brothers 3(snowbro3)
o Kaneko 16: The Berlin Wall(berlwall,berlwalt), Blaze On(blazeon), Blood Warrior(bloodwar), Bonk's Adventure(bonkadv), Explosive Breaker(explbrkr,bakubrkr), 1000 Miglia: Great 1000 Miles Rally(gtmr,gtmra,gtmre,gtmrusa), Mille Miglia 2: Great 1000 Miles Rally(gtmr2,gtmr2a,gtmr2u), Magical Crystals(mgcrystl,mgcrysto,mgcrystj)
o News(news,newsa)
o Oh My God!(ohmygod), Naname de Magic!(naname)
o Power Instinct(powerins,powerina,powerinb) Usad la rom powerina, las otras van muy lentas!!!

No he podido probar todos los juegos, por lo que os pido a los que probéis el emulador y querais contribuir, me indiquéis en este hilo los juegos que dan problemas para que pueda corregirlos en futuras versiones. Indicadme el nombre exacto de la rom.
Que lo disfrutéis!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ill translate it later. It says that it has updated the romset, and cave games that werent working because of memory (esprade,dfeveron....) are now working)

* romset updated to MAME's 0.117 and some clones added
* CPS1: fixed saturday night slammasters problem
* CPS2: Decyphering(?) rom functions and upper memory support added. Many of the games already work without cache files. Other games like DDSOM aren't still working because of memory management problems
* Cave : fixed some problems *gamelist
* New games
... list ...

Sorry about my english, but it's been a long time since last time i had to use it

I translated it. Please tell me if there are any errors. :p

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings to all
I uploaded a new version of FBA2X (for those who do not know what this is, http://fba.emuunlim.com). With this release, the changes are very numerous, since I updated much of the code to the latest version of the FBA 0.2.96.72 and add other modifications. I'll indicate the main ones to you:

* Updated romset to the one in MAME 0.117u3 and added several clones
* CPS1: corrected the problems with Saturday Night Slam Masters (slammast,slammasu,mbomberj,mbombrd,mbombrdj)
* CPS2: added the function of deciphering of roms and support for the upper 32MB of memory. Many of the games already work without the need to create cache files. Others like DDSOM are still not working due to problems with memory management.
* CAVE: corrected problems with ESP Ra.De.(esprade,espradej,espradeo), Dangun Feveron (dfeveron,feversos), Thunder Heroes (theroes), Gaia Crusaders (gaia), Guwange (guwange), Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon(sailormo,sailormn) and Air Gallet(agallet)
* New supported games:
o Biomechanical Toy(biomtoy)
o Gals Panic(galpanic)
o Kaneko Pandora: Hyper Pacman(hyperpac,hyperpcb), Cookie & Bibi 2(cookbib2), Cookie & Bibi 3(cookbib3), More More(moremore,moremorep), XESS - The New Revolution (SemiCom 3-in-1)(3in1semi), Toppy & Rappy(toppyrap), Twinkle(twinkle), Puzzle King(4in1boot), Final Tetris(finalttr), Twin Adventure(twinadv,twinadvk), Honey Dolls(honeydol), Snow Bros(snowbros,snowbroa,snowbrob,snowbroc,snowbroj, wintbob),Snow Brothers 3(snowbro3)
o Kaneko 16: The Berlin Wall(berlwall,berlwalt), Blaze On(blazeon), Blood Warrior(bloodwar), Bonk's Adventure(bonkadv), Explosive Breaker(explbrkr,bakubrkr), 1000 Miglia: Great 1000 Miles Rally(gtmr,gtmra,gtmre,gtmrusa), Mille Miglia 2: Great 1000 Miles Rally(gtmr2,gtmr2a,gtmr2u), Magical Crystals(mgcrystl,mgcrysto,mgcrystj)
o News(news,newsa)
o Oh My God!(ohmygod), Naname de Magic!(naname)
o Power Instinct(powerins,powerina,powerinb) Use the powerina ROM, the others run very slowly!!!

I have not been able to test all the games, so I ask those who test the emulator and want to contribute, you indicate to me in this thread the games that give problems so that I can correct them in future versions. Indicate the exact name of the ROM.
Enjoy!

EDIT: Thank you very much, HeadOverHeels. :D

Another excellent release in such a short time ; out of words to say guys ; you absolutely rule !

By the way do you know which CPS2 games run without needing cache files ?

*notice pretty soldier sailor moon and gals panic and drop unconscious*

I would like to know, if older Romsets work with the new Version before I update the Emu? I don't have MAME 0.117u3 Romsets. ^^""

Mille Miglia! Very cool.

One more feature I'd like to see though is how CPS2Emu has a really nice feature where it detects if it's a six button game (like SF2), and automatically changes button assignments to a SF2 SNES layout.

sirlol said:
Rivroner must be sleeping, otherwise I dont know why he hasn't posted this yet...

I have been working from 6 A.M to 6 P.M :D

Now, after a shower and a needed meal i will try this excellent emulator :)

Back