Pocketsnes V6.3 F200 By Headoverheels

yeah! Finally an update! i've been waiting for a long time to play Tales of Phantasia and Terranigma on the GP2X!!!
(actually I've already finished tales of on ZSNES, i couldn't wait :) )

Rivroner said:
damned said:
tales of phantasia works now.
Yes, and with sound.And MegamanX2 X3 works now too ;)

megaman x2 not on the actual version but for the next version has said HeadOverHeels on gp32spain

Last edited by a moderator:
Yod4z said:
Rivroner said:
damned said:

megaman x2 not on the actual version but for the next version has said HeadOverHeels on gp32spain

You are right, my spanish is not enough good sometimes :D ;)

Hmm darn, no speed improvements.
:(

It seems to me that the transparency (colour addition / subtraction modes) eat up ALOT of processing time.

Perhaps there is some trick or alteration that would sacrifice colour accuracy for SPEED.

crawling along at 8-12 FPS is not what I'd call playable even with hardcore frame skipping.

Series-8 said:
Hmm darn, no speed improvements.
:(

It seems to me that the transparency (colour addition / subtraction modes) eat up ALOT of processing time.

Perhaps there is some trick or alteration that would sacrifice colour accuracy for SPEED.

crawling along at 8-12 FPS is not what I'd call playable even with hardcore frame skipping.
Speed is about the same, but is more compatible ;)

People says that Tales of Phantasia is running very well :)

Rivroner said:
Yod4z said:
Rivroner said:
damned said:

You are right, my spanish is not enough good sometimes :D ;)

So what's the deal? Can this version run Megaman X2 and X3 or not?

no megaman x2 and 3 is next version but squidgesnes runs them quite well.

EDIT: bad grammer :(

Series-8 said:

True, and unfortunately, trimming down colour accuracy will not speed up the emulation much as it's not the actual transparency that takes all the time, but rather what happens just before that. It's the actual graphic rendering routines that need rewriting, and they about 70% of the emulator.

cyclone5uk said:
Not on this version but on next yes ;)

Yod4z said:
cyclone5uk said:

I'll just have to be patient in that case. Any idea when that next release is due? Before Christmas?

cyclone5uk said:
Yod4z said:
cyclone5uk said:

I'll just have to be patient in that case. Any idea when that next release is due? Before Christmas?

What about a simple thank you for the current progress ?, Which is obviously leading up to a stage where the emulator supports something you DO want or are interesting in.

A "Thank you" goes a long way, Imagine holding a door open for half a dozen people and not one of them saying "Thank you", Be pretty pissed wouldn`t you ?, Well i know i would.

Trooper

trooper said:
A "Thank you" goes a long way, Imagine holding a door open for half a dozen people and not one of them saying "Thank you", Be pretty pissed wouldn’t you ?, Well I know I would.

Trooper
Unfortunately that’s such a common occurrence these days, that I would more likely expect them to say nothing than “thank you”. But I’m afraid that’s just the nature of the society we live in now.

However, in principle you are quite right.

So big thanks to HeadOverHeels for your continued support on this great emulator and I look forward to playing all the fantastic SNES Megaman X games on my GP2X very soon!

Life, in general is thankless.

I for one do appreciate that work is still being put into the emulator.

Still... I wonder, anyone try Metal Max Returns with PSNES?

Perhaps I should look into more where a Z-index tile renderer would fit into the snes9x codebase...

(still perhaps someone should actually PROFILE the performance and see what the frikin bottleneck is) :lol:

I have noticed a bug with the rendering in Super Mario IV. I am not sure if this was always like this though. I am using the ASM sound version. The background/color around those text windows are messed up. When you clear a level and get that circle that shrinks, the colors are off. Also on the map screen when you open up a new area little black squares pop up rather than the graphic effect that is supposed to be there. Also sometimes sprites go *behind* the background elements like clouds etc.

Not a complaint, just a bug report incase someone wants to look into it.

Thanks for the great update :)

DaveC said:
I have noticed a bug with the rendering in Super Mario IV. I am not sure if this was always like this though. I am using the ASM sound version. The background/color around those text windows are messed up. When you clear a level and get that circle that shrinks, the colors are off. Also on the map screen when you open up a new area little black squares pop up rather than the graphic effect that is supposed to be there. Also sometimes sprites go *behind* the background elements like clouds etc.

ASM is less compatible although some frames quicker.Try normal launcher, maybe the problem is solved there.

DaveC said:

This is a known bug, and happened also with Reesy's versions. Enable transparencies to fix the problem.

Rivroner said:
A new version has been released :) :
Nothing in the readme. Anyone know anything about it?

Back