Release EUAE port

By all the experiments I messed up the config file.

So it seems that by default there is a hostfs present.

I started all new from scratch an now have a wb3.1 running from Hostfs...

Sorry for the misunderstanding

EDIT tested this version during the day... wb 3.1 works great.

I installed the Picasso drivers and this got me a better amiga on my pandora then I ever had in real hardware...

I used sysinfo, a program I used in the old days to test the speed of my amigas. It turns out that on paper this emulator outperformes a real a600 and comes close to a a1200.

In real use, I installed colonization because I play this game in uae4all for weeks now. Gameplay is great but sound stutters. I messed up my savegamedisk in the progress so I am back with this game where I started weeks ago...

So far this emulator is not polished yet but could have a grest future...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it better to have your Workbench configured as a hdf or working through hostfs? I'm still using a ClassicWB hdf but I have all my hard disk installs in the hostfs directory. I'm still having issues saving in game for some games and also the Whdload quit button does not seem to work properly in some either. Is it possible to optimise the emulator setting to minimise the sound stuttering issue?

Is it better to have your Workbench configured as a hdf or working through hostfs? I'm still using a ClassicWB hdf but I have all my hard disk installs in the hostfs directory. I'm still having issues saving in game for some games and also the Whdload quit button does not seem to work properly in some either. Is it possible to optimise the emulator setting to minimise the sound stuttering issue?
Hostfs is better as it uses no more disk space than the sum of the files in it, HDF you have to select the size and then you're stuck with it...

The stuttering will be fixed when I get back to the Amiga, lol, just released the Risc PC emulator to less than overwhelming response, not sure why euae gets 7 pages and rpcemu gets perhaps 3 replies... thought it might be because I'm surrounded by kiddies but if so, how do they remember the amiga? Had a go at Beebem as well the other day, but the best I could get from the sdl version was 3 (three) fps, lol, so that needs some serious optimisation! (also, someone has clearly been damn lazy there somewhere if a 6502 machine is barely managing 3fps on a 750MHz ARM...)

But yes, I will get back to EUAE at some point, don't worry, lol

(also, someone has clearly been damn lazy there somewhere if a 6502 machine is barely managing 3fps on a 750MHz ARM...)

plus the rest of the hardware don't forget :p

and i wouldn't think it has any form of asm core at all right?
Less hardware than the C64 which is emulated at top speed with overscan...

No ASM core but we're talking about a 2MHz 6502 here... the custom chips consist of a couple of 6522s, a video ULA for MODEs 0-6 and an SA5050 teletext video generation chip for MODE 7. (oh, and a fairly basic 3 channel sound chip)

This is not a difficult machine to emulate and I can't see why it's so poor, ah well, I shall have another go later -.o;

That Acorn emulator looks interesting but I'm not sure I ever heard much about that machine, so I'm glad to hear you back on the good old Miggy again! Just me being greedy and selfish again of course!! ;)

I would be interested to see an Archimedes emulator though ;-)
rpcemu emulates an Archimedes... A7000 or RISC PC, if you have the appropriate RISC OS 3.60 ROMs you can use them, I just can't include them as they're still subject to copyright so Open RISC OS 5.17 is included...

Never saw an Archimedes in action, about all I can remember was that it had the original version of Zarch on it, if I remember correctly?

Never saw an Archimedes in action, about all I can remember was that it had the original version of Zarch on it, if I remember correctly?
Yes, there was a limited version of it included with RISC OS 2 and later called !Lander

It has been a while... Pandora is back from repairs now...

Any news on this promising amiga emulator... ???

It seems that the author's Pandora has gone away for repair (LCD cable, iirc) and although ED has got the Pandora he doesn't know when he's going to be able to fix it.

D.

I've been looking forward to updates on this emulator too, but he was working on that enhanced port of Elite, and now he seems to have built an Altair 8800 micro computer!(and no, I've never heard of it either but it looks interesting!!)

Back