Release EUAE port

I assume he meant Uae4all instead of Winuae? We have been mentioning Winuae on this thread quite a bit, possibly where the confusion crept in? ;)

I assume he meant Uae4all instead of Winuae? We have been mentioning Winuae on this thread quite a bit, possibly where the confusion crept in? ;)

I'd hope so - last I saw, pretty much every other Amiga emulator in existence was behind WinUAE in terms of features, and not just A500!

D.

I'd hope so - last I saw, pretty much every other Amiga emulator in existence was behind WinUAE in terms of features, and not just A500!

D.
Indeed I did mean UAE4All, and not WinUAE. I was commenting in reply to the previous post, but it had been a long day and I was obviously on autopilot.

No worries from this side, thought I'd better say something to help clarify matters.It seemed like a perfectly easy mistake to make, there wasn't any real need to draw attention to it as had been done! ;)

No worries from this side, thought I'd better say something to help clarify matters.It seemed like a perfectly easy mistake to make, there wasn't any real need to draw attention to it as had been done! ;)
Well, no harm, no foul. I don't take people's responses to my messages personally, although it was the most bizarre assessments to one of my comments I've ever seen! B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, no harm, no foul. I don't take people's responses to my messages personally, although it was the most bizarre assessments to one of my comments I've ever seen! B)

Not as bizarre as seeing WinUAE referred to being a pretty good A500 emulator :) I must admit, you threw me for a moment there...

D.

I would second a motion for some form of guide as far as usage goes.

I have been trying for a little while to get a hard disk going, but keep only getting a floppy image which tells me that there is no disk in the drive.

There is probably a really easy solution to this, but at the moment it escapes me. I am coming from an ST background.

I would second a motion for some form of guide as far as usage goes.

I have been trying for a little while to get a hard disk going, but keep only getting a floppy image which tells me that there is no disk in the drive.

There is probably a really easy solution to this, but at the moment it escapes me. I am coming from an ST background.

I will write a guide soon, I'll be resuming work as soon as I'm not full of cold...

I'll also throw together an AGA one so you can see it sucks, lol, been trying to get my head round OpenGL ES 2.0

Hihi

Someone has uploaded this emulator to the Pandora Apps archive without my consent.

It's at: http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/viewapp.pl?/Emulator/pandeuae.inf

They have also used one of my images, which I do assert copyright of.

I deliberately didn't put it on any of the stores/archives/repos as it's not yet quite ready for release... I'm also not sure if that puts me in violation of the GPL as only the binaries have been uploaded...

Could whoever saw fit to unilaterally add it please remove it as obviously I have no access to do so.

Thanks

Adam.

Well, you're not in violation if you release a binary, as long as you send out the sourcecode as soon as someone requests it.

It's the same for the appstore:

Craig is allowed to distribute it, but as soon as someone requests the sourcecode, he has to send the sourcecode to him as well.

So basically: If someone requests the sourcecode from him, he can request the sourcecode from you and both have to deliver to not violate the GPL.

I removed the app though, but please:

Next time anyone wants to have an app removed because of license violation, do contact me and not file an abuse report to my server company, okay?

Otherwise it might be all my stuff gets shut down... and that wouldn't be great.

Hideki

That would be greatly appreciated, look forward to reading it.

Hope you feel better soon.

Next time anyone wants to have an app removed because of license violation, do contact me and not file an abuse report to my server company, okay?

Otherwise it might be all my stuff gets shut down... and that wouldn't be great.

Aye, I can only apologise again for that, if I'd known it was your server I'd have just asked, thought it was craigs and he's never on IRC

Aye, I can only apologise again for that, if I'd known it was your server I'd have just asked, thought it was craigs and he's never on IRC

No prob, nothing bad happened :)

Though the best way in such cases (hope it never happens to you again anywhere) is to make a whois check for the domain to find out who's the owner and contact him first.

That saves the server admin a lot of troubles :)

just gave this excellent piece of software a test run.

This emulator could deliver us a true portable amiga... It is very time consuming at the moment . I see myself in the need to do most of the work on my pc. Creating a hdf file...testing it...

After some testing I got a wb running just as a proof of concept.

It would help this project a lot if we could control this emulator a little better on the pandora itself. Easy insert of adf disks, setting up a hdf.... in short some kind of minimal gui would cut down testing times enormously.

I really look to future improvement. This project deserves lots of attention

just gave this excellent piece of software a test run.

This emulator could deliver us a true portable amiga... It is very time consuming at the moment . I see myself in the need to do most of the work on my pc. Creating a hdf file...testing it...

After some testing I got a wb running just as a proof of concept.

It would help this project a lot if we could control this emulator a little better on the pandora itself. Easy insert of adf disks, setting up a hdf.... in short some kind of minimal gui would cut down testing times enormously.

I really look to future improvement. This project deserves lots of attention
Although not really usable in the GUI (which is available if you enable it in the config) you can still insert disks using the keyboard shortcuts. Search the rest of this thread for the posts about what the available shortcuts are and once you start using them (and learning the order of the keypresses) it becomes really quick and useful and probably easier than using a GUI IMO.

I used the shortcuts to setup my wb 3.1.

With some fiddling I managed to go to the Euae gui to setup a harddisk.

I did not use a hdf file but used a folder on my sd card. So space is not limited and the harddisk will grow when needed...

One problem, when i try to save the configuration in the euae gui. I get an error.

Does anybody know how to set the harddrive in the config file so it points to my directory

By default there is a system.hdf and games.hdf in the config....

Sorry Tom, it's late for me and I'm just getting ready to go to sleep (so I'm probably missing what you've said clearly already) but which hard drive do you want to point at which directory?

I did have an issue with editing one of the lines in the config file and it just wouldn't redirect, so I ended up commenting that line out and typing the same thing in afresh which worked OK.

That above paragraph may have NO baring on your issue, but I'll leave it in just in case!

There's a hostfs setup by default

What point is there in setting up another when it comes with one by default, lol

appdata/pandeuae/hostfs/

anything in there appears as hostfs, dh2: by default although you can change it, you can also install wb to it and boot from it afaik

I used the shortcuts to setup my wb 3.1.

With some fiddling I managed to go to the Euae gui to setup a harddisk.

I did not use a hdf file but used a folder on my sd card. So space is not limited and the harddisk will grow when needed...

One problem, when i try to save the configuration in the euae gui. I get an error.

Does anybody know how to set the harddrive in the config file so it points to my directory

By default there is a system.hdf and games.hdf in the config....

I copied+renamed PUAE config to EUAE directory.Ive got workbench with Picasso fully working(800*480) in it.

Back