Did You Get This Newsletter?!

craigix said:
puppydee said:
What so the texas factory will make the boards and essemble the rest of the pandora themselves and ship them straight to the US customers? lol

Yes they already do this for other customers.
And the question of Canada, Mexico, and possibly South America?

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
puppydee said:
What so the texas factory will make the boards and essemble the rest of the pandora themselves and ship them straight to the US customers? lol

I assume that (for US customers) the actual costs of shipping will be less than we originally paid (due to not having to pay for international shipping). What'll happen to that surplus of money? Will it be returned to the customers? Will it be recycled into the dev fund?

I got it last night. Didn't even know I was signed up for the newsletter but I'm glad I was because I was able to preorder one with a Dev fund.

Vorporeal said:
craigix said:
puppydee said:

I assume that (for US customers) the actual costs of shipping will be less than we originally paid (due to not having to pay for international shipping). What'll happen to that surplus of money? Will it be returned to the customers? Will it be recycled into the dev fund?
Maybe added accessories? :p

Vorporeal said:
craigix said:
puppydee said:

Having TI do the assembly packaging/shipping (what I meant to type) is likely more costly than what is saved with domestic shipping. I say the the convenience in delivery time, and that you won't be paying duty or sales tax, far out-ways a couple bucks extra the shipping cost.

We do have to pay them to do the packaging and shipping so there isn't a saving. The advantage is you avoid import taxes if we ship from Europe.

craigix said:
We do have to pay them to do the packaging and shipping so there isn't a saving. The advantage is you avoid import taxes if we ship from Europe.

Whoops. Forgot about labor fees. :lol:

Dropping in on my mobile to give a thumbs up.

I've been a bit silent lately, but still following the news. Allmost 2 years since i first discovered the pandora, and i can join the one-year-preorder party ;)

I learned a lot since then on this forum. So for that reason alone it has been worth the wait for me.
But i must admit cannot wait to play my minigames, for PandoraPanic!, on the actual device. I'm also certain that it will bring a major boost in productivity, not just for me, but for the whole scene. (Although it will probably drop the first week after release... Or was that real life? Hmm...)

And if "THE LIST" /* insert evil sample here */ is still valid, i should be pretty high up.

Exciting times :)

I'm semi-late to the preorder party, I ordered mine in Feb when we thought we would be getting our Pandoras in April(!). Still, I'm really excited now we're this close to finally getting them. Looks like I'll have mine for the Xmas holidays too :)

craigix said:
Some of the 105 which are a bit battered will go out as free review units and samples.
Send nicer ones to the more trafficked sites. They usually report on build quality and the finish of a product (thinking about Engadget specifically). Don't wanna give the commenters anything to nitpick about, especially if the reviewer themselves mention it. ;)

-Tj- said:
craigix said:
Some of the 105 which are a bit battered will go out as free review units and samples.
Send nicer ones to the more trafficked sites. They usually report on build quality and the finish of a product (thinking about Engadget specifically). Don't wanna give the commenters anything to nitpick about, especially if the reviewer themselves mention it. ;)

+1

So true. Engadget always reviews the hardware from both a technical and a "aesthetic" standpoint. If they feel that the case for a device is flimsy or will scratch easily, it gets mentioned. Unless the only "battering" is that the boards have been used heavily for testing (and might have a shorter usable life), give them review units that are hot off the presses (at least, for the big guns).

Gruso said:
svs-57 said:
I order OP at 5 of June. How can I be sure that my order is in first 4000?
If you've ordered already, you're in the first 4,000. Second batch orders haven't opened yet. :)
Thank you. Continue waiting :)

Yay, looks like the kittens of the world can come out of hiding and breath a sigh of relief.

MonkeyChops said:
Yay, looks like the kittens of the world can come out of hiding and breath a sigh of relief.
In two months, just to be on the safe s... oh dear me.

I sent an email to openpandorasales@gmail.com 36 hours ago wanting to pre-order a Pandora and I've yet to hear a reply from them. I missed out last year because I didn't receive my money from a contract job in time, I don't want to miss out now because my email was ignored :(

@DEAT:
Hang in there, man. If they don't respond soon, try again. :)

DEAT said:
I sent an email to openpandorasales@gmail.com 36 hours ago wanting to pre-order a Pandora and I've yet to hear a reply from them. I missed out last year because I didn't receive my money from a contract job in time, I don't want to miss out now because my email was ignored :(

Same here, I got that email & sent 3 emails now to them wanting to jump on the remaining pre-orders with no response? Think the preorders on the 1st batch got filled up that fast from that email announcement? I am very anxious, guess I waited too long. I am hopeful to get a response from them so I can get my money sent their way ASAP!!!!

Back