Did You Get This Newsletter?!

We have credit with suppliers now. So there might not be 24 hour delivery on the Pandora, but it will be pretty quick eventually!

@craigix:

Any thoughts on if the rest of North America (and South for that matter) will be shipped from Texas/US, or the UK? As I am in Canada, this is relevant to me.

I guess the real question is, how many complete Pandora's could Texas create before receiving the shipment of cases? Because if China finishes the cases by the 15th, I am guessing it would take two weeks to have those cases delivered to Texas.

So around Nov 1st, we could potentially see Pandora's going out for delivery?

I don't want to make any guesses for exact or even vague dates, but I think we will see shipping of the 4000 (probably not all) in November and the 105 in October.

Some of the 105 which are a bit battered will go out as free review units and samples.

craigix said:
I don't want to make any guesses for exact or even vague dates, but I think we will see shipping of the 4000 (probably not all) in November and the 105 in October.
I don't want to make an estimation, but *estimation*.
:p

Last edited by a moderator:
BackAssward said:
@craigix:

Any thoughts on if the rest of North America (and South for that matter) will be shipped from Texas/US, or the UK? As I am in Canada, this is relevant to me.

As a resident of Canada myself, this is also of interest to me.

@Craig

I won't hold you to the date you listed. I certainly think is plausible because a lot of things can now work in tandem. (CE testing, Cases done and shipping, production of boards)

However, if the Factory in Texas gave you any approximations on how many Pandora boards they could build per day, that info I would be interested in. Plus, I'm sure it would help Gruso construct a better "unofficial" date, if we were given how many of X can be done per Y.

If you don't feel comfortable answering that, obviously don't worry about it. One thing I am slightly curious about is, why is this factory in Texas so accommodating? After assembling complete pandora's they will process your shipment list in single units? This factory just seems to good to be true.

I am so happy to hear the Texas factory will likely ship the Pandora's to us US customers, I have been freaking out about the possible customs charges as some of the estimates would have me forced to cancel my order. No way I could come up with 50-150 dollars more especially right now. (posted wide dollar range due to inability to determine just how much you could be hit with not to be taken as actual figures but guesstimates)

Now I can sit back and relax, and impatiently wait for the most anticipated gadget I have ever wanted. Let's just hope it's not too much longer, as every day feels like a year (yeah, I know, for most people it HAS been a year already)

What so the texas factory will make the boards and essemble the rest of the pandora themselves and ship them straight to the US customers? lol

PhonicUK said:
I can't get hold of openpandorasales@gmail.com to tell them I want to preorder, sent 2 mails off today and no replies :(

Don't worry mate debs processed mine in about 24 hours. she replied at exactly 12.01PM so you will more than likely be sorted tomorrow ;-)

craigix said:
Some of the 105 which are a bit battered will go out as free review units and samples.

be sure to send one to Engadget! They like the Pandora. Gizmodo doesn't.

They're in NY too and not too far from where I work, so I could steal it ask them to see it!

I just remember more than a Year ago when the Preorder was started.
I was one of the peeps who clicked the "reload" Button untill the preorder was open. It
took me about 1 1/2 hour to place my order.

In this Thread was a previous post from one member who was wondering if there might be somebody who placed his order and
forgot about it. -my opinion- :I don't think so. since i have heard the first time of the Pandora i was
set on fire, checked the site constantly for every little update and i hardly can't await it, to hold that little
gadget in my hands.

I think, the last time i've had a similar feeling was around +25 years ago, when i have bought
my first Commodore 64.

The Pandora gives me the exactly same feeling of getting something special and beeing part of something special !

Thanks to the whole Pandora Team.

(PS:My chances are quite good to get one of the 105 ! )
(PSS: whoever is still thinking about if he/she should buy, i can only suggest DO IT ! Because (Thats what i think) as soon as the 1st Batch
is delivered and the first results & reports from the community are getting official a big run will start ! So buy it now then you
don't need to wait later !)

craigix said:

Battered? How? The gorilla stress test? ;)

I'm in Texas, so delivery for me should be fast. :p

Vorporeal said:
... my birthday is Nov. 6th. Seeing as I'm probably not one of the first 105 (ordered about 1.5-2 hours after pre-orders went live), I probably won't get it by then. Would one of the people in the first 105 who ordered more than one be willing to swap one of their spots with me? ;) :D :p

I would swap with you for your birthday present, but I doubt very much I'm in the first 105. I, like you couldn't get in until an hour after it went live.

I don't know about you all, but I'm not too upset that I'm somewhere on the lower end of the list. By the time they get to mine, all manufacturing issues should be worked out, and they should be pretty good at putting those things together by then. :D

edit: I'm not implying there are/will be manufacturing issues... But I guess I'm just more comfortable knowing that a couple thousand have successfully been made before mine. :)

wermy said:
I don't know about you all, but I'm not too upset that I'm somewhere on the lower end of the list. By the time they get to mine, all manufacturing issues should be worked out, and they should be pretty good at putting those things together by then. :D

edit: I'm not implying there are/will be manufacturing issues... But I guess I'm just more comfortable knowing that a couple thousand have successfully been made before mine. :)
A better chance of failure in the beginnings of manufacture than towards the end, yes. I'm probably somewhere around the middle.

WizardStan said:
wermy said:

A better chance of failure in the beginnings of manufacture than towards the end, yes. I'm probably somewhere around the middle.
I must be somewere way at the end.

Monk said:
Creature XL said:
Wait a minute!

The set date is lesser then 2 month away!
The post is NOT from Craig!

Why then does it say:

Hello everyone, Craig here,

My email did come from ED. Just saying :)

("and craigx says... NOTHNG you idiots, craigx's dead, he's locked in my basement, HA-HA!")

puppydee said:
What so the texas factory will make the boards and essemble the rest of the pandora themselves and ship them straight to the US customers? lol

Yes they already do this for other customers.

Back