Release Diablo

If you use the official script, you only need to run "chmod o+w <file that will be updated>" or "chmod -R o+w *", up to you.

Notaz I must take a moment and say THANK YOU for this amazing port.  You have saved my arse with several weeks of travel by plane.  I have been enjoying this port so much and still have 6 days of travel (stops to recharge thankfully) ahead of me, and Diablo on my Pandora has helped me keep my sanity.

Thanks for your great work for this community.

I've just finished Diablo (warrior) with mouse, and the game runs flawlessly, from start to finish.

Thank you very much Notaz for your work and, please, work on Diablo 2...!!  :rolleyes:   If anybody can make it, it is you  :)  

By the way, I've also played Starcraft (Terran mission) with identical results. Perfect.

Really awesome work Notaz! Locating my Diablo game right now to have a blast to the past! Have you had a look at the Hellfire game? Maybe they share a lot of code?

Played through the first couple of levels yesterday with a rogue. Something I really missed was an easy way of staying in the same spot and hit. It's kind of cumbersome to press "shift" at the same time as moving the cursor. Could the game be made to react to e.g. the right shoulder button?

Just for the record :) I've just finished sorcerer, not a single problem. On the Pandora's small screen, this game looks fantastic!

I suppose with games like this the Pandora is "reaching its limits"...

Just for the record :) I've just finished sorcerer, not a single problem. On the Pandora's small screen, this game looks fantastic!

Not by a long shot, no.

It even runs Jedi Academy.

As long as it doesn't have to be emulated, there's enough power in the Pandora for a lot of stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not by a long shot, no.

As long as it doesn't have to be emulated, there's enough power in the Pandora for a lot of stuff.
Give me Diablo 2 and I'll ask for no more!! :) :)

Not by a long shot, no.

Give me Diablo 2 and I'll ask for no more!! :) :)
well.. there's no source, not static recompilation, but still:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gjouqKWNk_M?feature=oembed

Ahh yes, I forgot. With exagear and wine. It won't run as fluid as Diablo 1 but I'll try as soon as I get my hands on that program!!

Hmm some activity in this thread, while coincidentally I was finishing an update:

changes in r2:
- wine updates from jazz2 project:
  - optimizations, reduced wineserver CPU usage
  - reduced audio latency
- added a launcher with some options. If you don't want to change anything, just press enter or space to launch the game.
- control key (select/right shoulder) now acts as shift too
- added optional fullscreen scaling
- some minor ingame bugs fixed (menu is still somewhat broken though)
the usual repo link

Not sure if the shareware version is worth updating with these tweaks, anyone needs that?

Thank you for keeping working on it though I haven't expirienced any problems or bugs regarding the gameplay. Very good job.

The optional full screen may be worth trying :)

Edit: I forgot that minor bug with the cursor movig when I select something from the character's menu. Is that fixed? It's nothing really important, though.

Edit: I forgot that minor bug with the cursor movig when I select something from the character's menu. Is that fixed? It's nothing really important, though.
It's an issue with the game itself (not designed for touchscreens), fixing that would break gameplay with real mouse.

Thanks for the update! I don't need the shareware version for Diablo (since I have the full game), but I do use some of the demo packages on the repo (where I don't have the full game and am waiting for a drm free sale). Therefore I believe that an update to the shareware package would be appreciated (it has more than half the downloads of the full package) if you can spare the time.

Fantastic update! The screen stretching makes a -huge- difference! I haven't really noticed any of the bugs so far, except for the cursor occasinally jumping random places on rare occasion, but it's a very happy update! Looking forward to Starcraft being updated as well if that's next, it would be awesome!

I will also appreciate the update on the shareware version. Is this really playable on the Pandora?

Back