Damn, This Is Gonna Be Close!

hosant said:
I guess Jacquelyn is with Craigx, right?

Believe so. Her and I had an interesting exchange about ramen noodles and their being called
"brick noodles" or something in the UK.

Gruso said:
AquaAnalogue said:
craigix said:
We are not going to try to get the full 4000, rather just 1000 shipped well before the New Year to make sure it does not ship but then get stuck in China.

*sulks*
I don't think there would be much advantage in getting all 4,000 before CNY - it's not like they can assemble and ship that many Pandoras in a week. At least if they get 1,000, they'll have enough to keep them busy while China is off partying.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I just always tend to think sooner's better than later (interesting place for me to be then, huh? *looks around*)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunny said:
I mailed them before christmas (when there was reasonable confidence that they would ship around then) because I was going away and wanted to know if I would be likely to receive one whilst away over the christmas period.

I was, of course, unfailingly polite - unlike my manner of late - but never had a reply from my mail.

Of course, then paranoia sets in. I've never received any mails from them other than my order (and re-order) confirmation so maybe I've not actually got one on order. One thing is certain, I shall not be bothering them again, they have enough on their plates. If everyone else gets one and I don't, then I shall start to converse with them.

D.
Hey Dunny, I tried them on december 16, and Jacquelyn got back to me within a few hours(250-350). But I also tried a few weeks before that, and never heard back from anyone! So it's best just to try again after maybe 48hrs. Normally Jacquelyn or Deb gets back to me within 24 hours, normally!

Chris

rabidpoobear said:
Can MWeston really get the case samples by Friday? has anything from China gotten here in 3 days yet?

Weirdly this one is coming fast.

jumpman said:
Dunny said:
I mailed them before christmas (when there was reasonable confidence that they would ship around then) because I was going away and wanted to know if I would be likely to receive one whilst away over the christmas period.

I was, of course, unfailingly polite - unlike my manner of late - but never had a reply from my mail.

Of course, then paranoia sets in. I've never received any mails from them other than my order (and re-order) confirmation so maybe I've not actually got one on order. One thing is certain, I shall not be bothering them again, they have enough on their plates. If everyone else gets one and I don't, then I shall start to converse with them.

D.
Hey Dunny, I tried them on december 16, and Jacquelyn got back to me within a few hours(250-350). But I also tried a few weeks before that, and never heard back from anyone! So it's best just to try again after maybe 48hrs. Normally Jacquelyn or Deb gets back to me within 24 hours, normally!

Chris

Yeah Dunny, give them another email. I sent an email a week or two ago, never got a response, sent an email a few days ago and got a reply within 1-2 days.

craigix said:
rabidpoobear said:
Can MWeston really get the case samples by Friday? has anything from China gotten here in 3 days yet?

Awesome, thanks for the reply Craig, good news! Did you guys ever decide if you're going to let people come to the factory to help assembly? I'd love to drive down and help ya'll for a couple days and meet everyone.

craigix said:
rabidpoobear said:

Obviously, it was all a big misunderstanding. The UPS office in China only speaks Russian (God knows why) and 'quick' in Russian is different from 'quick' in Mandarin. Luckily, the chief engineer at the factory has a friend who speaks Russian and he got it sorted out. All packages should arrive on time from now on.

:lol:

jumpman said:
Dunny said:

D.

Chris

SMTP is not a guaranteed protocol.

craigix said:

TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

Dear Jim,

Now then, now then, could you please fix it for me to get my Pandora before the end of March.
You see, at that point I will have been waiting for one year and I will lose my bet with my wife (a non-believer) for the £300 odd quid I spent on the Pandora. I'm sitting way back in 2800[sup]ies[/sup] so to avoid any further stress I'm going into stasis and setting the alarm for the 3[sup]rd[/sup] week in March. If only it could be delivered before I awake I will promise to start watching your show again.

Lots of Love,
May88 aged 44 and a half.

all im asking for is delivery before march 26th 2010, as i will be leaving my address for a month to go to europe, and im hoping to bring my panda with me.....

DaMummy said:
all im asking for is delivery before march 26th 2010, as i will be leaving my address for a month to go to europe, and im hoping to bring my panda with me.....
Why not swing by the Newcastle area first and pick one up.

All this talk about queue positions... I ordered sometime between 10:30 and 10:45, so about an hour and a half after preorders opened (assuming the 9AM EST starting time that was given then was correct). My being one of the ill-fated Paypal customers had caused me a bit of worry, but if they do go by GBAX order numbers, I would hope I'm somewhere in the first 1000. I don't want to bother the GBAX ladies, though. :)

I couldn't get to the site in the morning so I ordered a couple hours after (like 5-6 hours after preorders opened I guess?) and I'm in the first 1000, so I wouldn't worry.

I'm a late orderer, which is a shame, as I'd like to have done a big review, a-la my Wiz one, and waiting for it while reading posts from the first 1000 getting theirs is going to drive me nucking futs. Ho hum though, you live and/or learn, and the review can wait.

@Tom'

I placed my order at 10:45AM 9-30-08 and I'm between 700-800. I was apart of the AMEX fiasco though, so I don't know if that affected my queue position.

Gruso said:
I don't think there would be much advantage in getting all 4,000 before CNY - it's not like they can assemble and ship that many Pandoras in a week. At least if they get 1,000, they'll have enough to keep them busy while China is off partying.
They could turn those 1000 cases into 1000 Pandoras in just a few days. They could turn all 4000 into 4000 Pandoras in the two weeks that the factory is off partying. (ok, maybe only 3000... 2000 at least!)
At the very least I think they should try for 2000. My thinking is that, if MWeston is flying down to Texas for a week to ensure production starts up smoothly, he doesn't want to be sitting around for 3 days because they ran out of cases. I'm sure they want to maximize his time and the assembly workers time with him to get these things bang on. Not my call, I don't have all the information, but it makes sense to me.

Back