Time To First Ship?

daffy

Can't find a discussion of this, so forgive if I missed it.

Assume the factory ships on Friday. Cases ought to arrive by Wednesday. I believe all other ducks are in a row, right? So give the assemblers a couple of days to get things rolling. So first Pandoras start shipping Friday next week. Right?

I'm sure that if it hasn't been discussed in these terms, everyone here would love to hear if this calculation is right, and what it actually looks like if it's wrong.

And yes, it's just an estimate. I promise not to get bent out of shape, even if say the factory doesn't manage to ship anything before Chinese New Year. But even in that case, it would be nice to know what we should expect once the cases arrive in Texas.

daffy said:
Can't find a discussion of this, so forgive if I missed it.

Assume the factory ships on Friday. Cases ought to arrive by Wednesday. I believe all other ducks are in a row, right? So give the assemblers a couple of days to get things rolling. So first Pandoras start shipping Friday next week. Right?

You missed the part, when the assembled Pandoras are shipped to the UK or Germany or Turkey. And THEN they get shipped to customers.
At least that i smy understanding. I can't imagine that "someone" is sending them from factory to teh customers. HOWEVER, it would be sily to send them from Texas over to Europe and then from Europe back to the US :)

MAYBE, craig will go to Texas and ship them from there directly? IFF so, then I hope is going to TX as well, as I have order with his shop :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that you would have to add some days. The first step is producing some cases and actually ship them. I suppose that Michael will wait for confirmation that the cases are really of the quality that he expects and _after that_ fly to Texas. They have to set up the assembly line and assemble the Pandoras. Maybe appointments with the Texas factory have to be made first, I don't know.
What I'm saying is, that you have to add several days, maybe a week or more, for logistics. They threw some numbers around, how long assembly takes, iirc, but this also depends on the number of assemblers.
I'm really not able to make estimates, as there are too many unknown variables.
Anything can go wrong.

I'd really like to have mine by 26th. Any guesstimations on the probability of that happening?

EDIT: clarif'd

I don't think 17 days is giving them much time IMO, the cases arent even manufactured yet, the assembly process will have to be mastered and then they need to ship from China to the USA, USA to distributor, distributor to you.

Could well be wrong, but it seems a very tall order.

you have got to give them at least 3-4 weeks on receipt of first cases to set assmebly, test and distribution to UK and Germany (with usual hoo hah with couriers/customs), then to first batchers - anything shorter than this unrealistic - those towards the end of the line, may fare worser as you can imagine things getting longer if any rework takes place. But I do think, given their resources they have done well so far

we're at the top of the roller coaster ride awaiting the wooosh to to finish!!

I agree with all the shipping involved it will probably take a few weeks before a significant amount of Pandora are received by consumer.

Once more people get unit I guess we will have a lot of feedback, videos... which will already be exiting.

I believe Craigx talked about shipping a Pandora with rev.3 cases to Gruso... that would be great IMO. Obviously the cases didn't turn out to be exactly what they expected so maybe he doesn't want to ship preview Pandora with those cases.

IIRC US orders would be shipped directly from the factory, while international orders would be shipped to Craig or ED. I don't know if this is still true.

Lunatic said:
IIRC US orders would be shipped directly from the factory, while international orders would be shipped to Craig or ED. I don't know if this is still true.
Craigix suggested this in one of his overly vague "in the perfect world" kinda posts. And then never said anything about it again.

I had this post in front of me recently, while I searched for something else...
Maybe I can find it again..

edit:
craigix said:
puppydee said:
What so the texas factory will make the boards and essemble the rest of the pandora themselves and ship them straight to the US customers? lol

Yes they already do this for other customers.

its going to be some time befor the Pandoras are ready to ship, reason being cause there so new, no one knows how to make them right? Anyways Hope that they send out 10 of them befor CNY ^____^ that way we can get MAD pandora Videos

mali said:
Craig(tweet) said:
Another batch of Pandoras made from the last case samples shipped to devs today.
Craig(tweet) said:
I've just realised some of those devs are real customers too.
I hope he means these devs ordered and will be getting really really real Pandoras when they start shipping in addition to these dev units, and that these dev units are not actually counting towards "paid for and shipped" count.

A number of other devs already have Pandoras. I believe it's been stated that they would be supplied real Pandoras once those are made, so I don't expect these newest devs will be left out of that.

Don't quote me.

Clean3d said:
A number of other devs already have Pandoras. I believe it's been stated that they would be supplied real Pandoras once those are made, so I don't expect these newest devs will be left out of that.

Don't quote me.
Any chance guys like the developers of Kawaks, Nebula and FBA (or the like) have one to port their CPS2/CPS3 emulators?

So if they don't manage to sort the 500 cases before they shut down will we be getting the 4000 instead or even the whole order since they can bang them out pretty quick and it'll probably save on shipping costs wont it? I can't see us getting any cases before the new year going by the last few weeks dealing with the plastics firm but I bloody hope they can knock it up a gear for a change, that would be nice :D

Alerino said:
am i right to panic a bit?
no, not yet.

edit: to clarify, personal ebay shipper is not the same as big company shipper.

Back