Carry Cases

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
We were not going to ship the carry cases as they appeared to be too small, but after talking to the factory it seems we have to turn them inside out and back again and then weirdly the Pandora does fit.

The cases are designed to stretch 20% and usually this would be done at the 'middle man' factory.

Anyway, just letting you know the case is designed to stretch 20% if it seems a bit tight at first.

budbud said:
Hmmm , I thought I order/paid for a hard case...Bud

You paid for a case. They never specified if it would be soft or hard until just recently.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
budbud said:

same thought

i upgraded when i saw the glasses like carry case

craigix said:
We were not going to ship the carry cases as they appeared to be too small, but after talking to the factory it seems we have to turn them inside out and back again and then weirdly the Pandora does fit.

The cases are designed to stretch 20% and usually this would be done at the 'middle man' factory.

Anyway, just letting you know the case is designed to stretch 20% if it seems a bit tight at first.

Are the cases & svideo cables going to be buyable on gbax?

God Ginrai said:
budbud said:

You paid for a case. They never specified if it would be soft or hard until just recently.

-God Ginrai

Hi,

The case is hard and padded. Here's a price list of everything that's
available :

TV OUT $19.99
CASE $19.99
BATTERY $28.99
ADAPTOR $7.99
STYLUS $7.00

Thanks

Debs

and as i said on the other thread, this might be outdated, not "FALSE"!
EDIT:
date of the mail "7 de enero de 2010 05:59" jan 7 2010

1) I wonder if this explains why the shipping notification emails were slightly out of order? Perhaps they were holding off on the orders with cases until they figured out what the heck to do with the cases?

2) If I recall correctly, the original plan was hard cases, but when they got the prototypes the quality was so poor they switched to the soft ones.

I can't seem to confirm that second point. Searching for anything with the word "Cases" on these forums is a losing proposition.

DroneB Dev said:
and as i said on the other thread, this might be outdated, not "FALSE"!

No need to bring the heat into other topics.

@VRAndy: Craig initially said that they were "likely" to be similar to the GP2X case. Then he showed us a picture of a hard case, which he later confirmed to be what we would be receiving. Then later, like you said, they switched to the soft cases because the quality of the hard cases was poor.

-God Ginrai

socket said:
@VRAndy I ordered a case and tv out cable and as far as the boards go I was the first to get a shipping email. :shrugs:
Ah well, it was a nice theory.... It had logic and everything!

i recall that there were several switchings
the last one ended up with a googgle hard case not good so
OP ended with the last soft model (the one craig filled like a mini mobile bar)

here a fragment of my order mail
"and about the case, what kind of case it is?
if it is a hard enclosed clam case ill also buy one."
date: 14/08/09

at that time, well, i received a payment request of only console and tv out so i believe at that time it was a soft one.

now you lost me,

but hey, now i recall (in my memory) that CraigX or someone did say that maybe he was bonusing the hardcase for the soft one purchase.

I think the cases have changed a few times - when preorders were taken on September 30, 2008, the cases were (IIRC) soft. At some point Craig decided they should be hard. When he had some of these made, he decided they weren't high-quality enough, so he decided to do soft cases instead (there was some discussion of the hard cases being included for free at this point). I assume soft cases are still the intended type. I don't know what's become of the manufactured hard cases at this point, or how many of them there are.

He did say he may include the hard & soft case if there were enough.
I think it's just soft case now.

I'm sure a phat NDS hardcase will fit the Pandora, also has game slots which are similar sized to SD's.

This is one of those areas where clarity on what your money actually gets you would be nice. The Dev Fund is another area. The story on the cases has changed many times. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be ahrd GP2x-like case when I ordered - but since then it changed to there being the possibility of soft cases as an alternative, then it was soft cases but possibly with hard cases thrown in "free", then it became soft cases only "because the hard cases were crap".

It's just another one of those sore spots that it is probably best not to rub.

Back