Damn, This Is Gonna Be Close!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I think I can, I think I can, WOOOOOWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 05/02/2010."

barkus_huh1.jpg

Phawx said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I think I can, I think I can, WOOOOOWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 05/02/2010."

I totally read that as May 5th for a second. I was like :huh:

That's excellent news. Hopefully, We can start case MP on Monday.

OT: I found your post amusing considering you're a "Professional Derailer".

Last edited by a moderator:
Laurencevde said:
Be glad that the team is a bunch of very optimistic people. Pessimists or realists wouldn't have even started this whole undertaking, and even if they did, they'd have quit a long time ago...

Good point and well made. However the genuine business oppertunist would balance optimism with at least a hint of realism.

Guess that'd result in no Pandora.

We are not going to try to get the full 4000, rather just 1000 shipped well before the New Year to make sure it does not ship but then get stuck in China.

Pleng said:
Laurencevde said:
Be glad that the team is a bunch of very optimistic people. Pessimists or realists wouldn't have even started this whole undertaking, and even if they did, they'd have quit a long time ago...

Good point and well made. However the genuine business oppertunist would balance optimism with at least a hint of realism.

Guess that'd result in no Pandora.

A true hustler or entrepreneur keeps slugging until the bell rings.

SONY said:
Huh? Well before the new year??

EDIT: No offence, but...are you drunk?
SONY, where have you been, lately?
_Chinese_ New Year :)

SONY said:
Huh? Well before the new year??

EDIT: No offence, but...are you drunk?
Just when I thought he couldn't get any more stupid.

@ mali

Thanks for reminding me and apologies for not paying attention, as I dislike Chinese and most of the things they do.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_n4pTMJLnE[/youtube]

craigix said:
We are not going to try to get the full 4000, rather just 1000 shipped well before the New Year to make sure it does not ship but then get stuck in China.

Oh come on, can't you get 1700-1800 done? Please? You can stop whenever one comes out with my name on it. ;)

craigix said:
If you can get a few finished Pandoras out the door during Chinese New Year that will be great! If you can get enough cases to keep the assemblers busy until the balance of the cases arrives then it doesn't matter if there is a (Chinese only) holiday in the middle (better than great!). Either way best of luck to you (I'm well past #1000 so it doesn't matter to me either way). I'll bet no one will be more relieved or excited to finally see some of these thing out sent out than the OP team.

Edit: Hey wermy, when did you order? Hopefully April/May 2009 based on your join date, because that's close to me and I'll finally have a rough estimate of my place in line without having to bug the OP girls.

@Rathum

Thank you for getting that. I was patting myself on the back thinking, "Will someone reference the train horn with my title THUS taking the thread OT and FURTHER THUS proudly demonstrating my professional derailing POWER?!?!?!" It's like a self-referencing pun wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a bacon cheeseburger.

On topic Edit: WOOOO I am between 700-800! BOOYA!

craigix said:

So they will ship 1000 and then 9000? How long are the holidays for the factory? UPS has 3 days. ( http://www.ups.com/content/hk/en/resources/ship/imp_exp/operation.html ) So if the factory has two weeks or something like that, maybe we (or you or someone) should rater risk that the paket get stuck in China (for max 3 days) then waiting the whole factory holidays for the rest...

Just my 2 cent...

Sphinxter said:
A true hustler or entrepreneur keeps slugging until the bell rings.

For sure. But a true entrepreneur anticipates problems rather than points the finger when they finally do occur. He also doesn't pick random dates from nowhere when it comes to delivery predictions.

jasay said:
Edit: Hey wermy, when did you order? Hopefully April/May 2009 based on your join date, because that's close to me and I'll finally have a rough estimate of my place in line without having to bug the OP girls.

I joined the same day (or within a day or two) of ordering -- though I've been following the project since it was announced. I finally gave in and bugged the OP girls about my place in the queue, and they said 1700-1800 as of this morning. I was shocked! There must have been lots of cancellations, or it wasn't selling out as quickly as they let on; when I ordered I was told I was one of the last ones... o_O

wermy said:
jasay said:

I joined the same day (or within a day or two) of ordering -- though I've been following the project since it was announced. I finally gave in and bugged the OP girls about my place in the queue, and they said 1700-1800 as of this morning. I was shocked! There must have been lots of cancellations, or it wasn't selling out as quickly as they let on; when I ordered I was told I was one of the last ones... o_O

The first batch was planned with 3000. And you are Nr. 1700 - 1800 in craig's queue - however, I also have quite a few preorders ;)

Last edited:
wermy said:

That is surprising. I've followed the Pandora since just before the first preorder and just couldn't get myself to pre-order. Had to wait for the re-preorder opportunity. Looking through my email looks like I actually ordered earlier than I thought (March). Hopefully that means good things for me!

ED said:
The first batch was planned with 3000. And you are Nr. 1700 - 1800 in craig's queue - however, I also have quite a few preorders ;)

Hey, that explains a few things.

Back