[Caanoo/wiz] Pcsx Rearmed R14

Has anyone else had an issue when playing EA games such as NBA Live or Madden where the player 2 controller seems to permanently be set as if the user is holding down on the control pad? I'm trying to play a single player game but the player 2 controller seems to be automatically selecting itself :s wierd

just a quick question to the community here who've actually used this emulator

which version so far seems to be the least glitchy?

I'm trying to play Wild Arms and sometimes it can run for hours without a problem

other times it frequently makes random crashes and I can't restart or exit the emulator, so have to shutdown

so which version seems the best performance wise? I've only used r13/14

i've noticed the problems more often after switching to r14, but I've also been using it more

so iono

Fpse 0.11.15 is out and it has software plugin with gpu acceleration, pcsx rearmed be benefited from this?

Hmmm more informations please. But I imagine that the caanoo gpu isnt useable this way (someone said there are driver issues). We have to programm directly for the caanoo gpu... this will take a lot of time and skill.

rohezal said:
Hmmm more informations please. But I imagine that the caanoo gpu isnt useable this way (someone said there are driver issues). We have to programm directly for the caanoo gpu... this will take a lot of time and skill.

FPse 0.11.15:
- Fixed many bugs
- New frame limiter mode for OpenGL plugin into Video menu. (seems to give better framerate...)
- Automatic download and installation of OpengL plugin from the MISC menu.
- Added Manual Frame limiter for OpenGL from MISC menu
- Optimized Memory allocation , FPse is more stable now.
- Added support for Hardwre keyboard (TF101 keyboard is supported too)
- Added support for Xperia play analog PAD , only for Android 4.x (works very well on current Beta version)
- Added native support for PS3 pad on Android 3.1 and more. (Digital buttons and Analog Stick are automatically configured)
- Added support for Joystick center Analog Stick support, all Analog Stick can be assigned from HW key assignement. (need Android 3.1 or more)
- Added new option for OpenGL plugin, called Busy fix, will avoid somes blacks screen and help somes games to start...

http://www.fpsece.net/readme.html#settings

- Hardware acceleration: Apply after restart 2D acceleration available on somes device running on ICS.

But I think there is no source code, I have anticipated, sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think it might be possible to make Pcsx ReArmed run japanese games at some point?

tibbo said:
Do you think it might be possible to make Pcsx ReArmed run japanese games at some point?

I already checked and Pcsx Rearmed can handle a lot of japanese games.
Games i tested (that work) : Front mission 2, Gamera 2000, Assault Suits Valken 2, Macross VF-X2, AubirdForce After...

In some cases it's necessary to use the SCPH7001.bin Bios...

Hope this'll get you started, and please let me know of any other japanese games that work ;)

Hmm I am having a bit of trouble with this Japanese game :(

It basically loads fine, but once the intro has finnished and it gets to the initial 'press start' screen it no longer recognises the buttons that I am pressing.
At first I thought that the game had crashed, but I left the Caanoo upon this screen for a minute or so and it began to play a demo of the game, so it is definately working.
For some odd reason the game just isn't recognising the buttons that I am pressing in order to begin the game.

Has anyone had a similar issue, or perhaps have any ideas as to what could help to resolve the error?
I tried using the SCPH7001.bin Bios as mentioned above, but this didnt seem to help unfortunately :(

tibbo said:
It basically loads fine, but once the intro has finnished and it gets to the initial 'press start' screen it no longer recognises the buttons that I am pressing.

I've had the same problem with some US/EU games (example: Diablo, Space Hulk,...). The games start up, and the intro/demo plays fine, but pressing buttons doesn't do a thing.

I can't exactly say how i solved this problem, cause i don't know what caused the problem in the first place.

- try re-installing pcsx rearmed (R14)
- try re-installing the game ISO's/BIN's on your SD card (make sure they are not compressed CBIN)
- try booting the games using BIOS (not HLE)

If this doesn't work, please tell me what game u'r having problems with & i'll have a crack at it.

Hey there Jonez!

Thank you so much for all of the help with everything, i really appreciate it dude :)
I was playing around with some of the control settings to see if I could get it to work, and I randomly set 'port 1 device: to standard' and port 2 device: to analog' and it all seems to be working ok for the game now :)

If anyone else has any similar issues to this it is worth trying to switch the controllers, as it worked for me :)

Thanks again for all of the assistance! :)

That sounds about right. Some PS1 games did not support the Analogue controller. That's why the Analogue controllers had an on/off button to switch between digital and analogue.

Tried opengl a couple times but IIRC it just crashed the games and I couldnt even get back to menu to change settings. So seems completely useless in its current state unfortunately

Hi Notaz there is a bug in blood omen (which not happened in older versions i think).

Sometimes the gui is messed up (some parts are not redrawn like the life bar or some parts are completly black or missing). Happens rarely (lifebar sometimes, but it often fixed itself after a few minutes). You can load from memcard to fix it.

An item type (not sure which) breaks the render code. A big triangle (with strange color) takes around 20% of the screen and changes its angle when you move. The item itself is invisible (some light it sheds on the floor can be seen). If you to place where the item is located and you pick it up, the graphic bug disappears. This happens every time the item is on screen so far.

Looks like a render bug. Im not sure which item it is, but maybe you can have a look at it.

Edit: if you need some stuff for bug checking please write me.

Back