[Caanoo/wiz] Pcsx Rearmed R12

Run the game G-Police 2. When i start a mission, i'm be back to the Caanoo-Menü.

Been playing NFS3 an old favorite I played a lot on PC. Runs great (use bios file) even with frameskip off. I prefer framsekip turned off in racing games. Slower but smoother :)

The cool thing about NFS3 on rearmed is music is emulated perfectly. No slowdowns even when framerate drops, which often happens in most other games in my experience. Particularly nice since NFS3 music rocks :)

Thanks again notaz for a great emulator!

Faanoo said:
Run the game G-Police 2. When i start a mission, i'm be back to the Caanoo-Menü.

IIRC I had the same problem with rearmed 11 or 10. I think G-Police 1 worked

Last edited by a moderator:
mrkingoo, please can you tell me wich config you use to play nfs3, i can't make it work (i'm trying with an ntsc us version copy) the iso works on epsxe so i can say it's not corrupted...

wich bios are you using?

chigimonky said:
RetroVortex said:
notaz said:
ok here is r13 build:
http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r13_caanoo.zip
http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r13_wiz.zip

This just fixes some games that were not booting and some crashes, like later levels of Spyro2/3, for example. I didn't have time to properly test this release on Caanoo though, I tested one build a couple of revisions before release and it was ok.

About the reports of vibration not working, well, I tested Gran Turismo and Chrono Cross and it worked there, it could be that I implemented it wrong and it doesn't work with other games, don't have time to debug it right now.

I don't know what you did, but you are a brilliant!

Chrono Chross has gone from quite slow, to 100% speed.
(with some minor graphic glitches)

Will have to test with a few more things.
(Like FF7 which last time I checked was a bit slow in battle (unless I'm missing something important here...))

Im wondering what settings you used for chrono cross because when I tried it with this new version the gameplay is just as slow. I did notice the movie sequences are perfect now whereas before they were choppy. So how did you get the gameplay "100%"?

Yeah I get slow gameplay as well. Also dialogue is impossible to read when they're in those little boxes, like when the characters speak in the game at the beginning.

Has anyone managed to run parasite eve 2?

I tried to activate the Rootcounter hack 2 in advanced options but only get a black screen and return to the Caanoo menu (pcsx-rearmed r13).

By the way in Fear Effect 2 PAL version subtitles are impossible to read because is a letter and the other is not

it lo ks s m t ing l k t is

instead of

it looks something like this

can be fixed?

Cory said:
By the way in Fear Effect 2 PAL version subtitles are impossible to read because is a letter and the other is not

it lo ks s m t ing l k t is

instead of

it looks something like this

can be fixed?

Yeah, that's kinda how the dialogue in Chrono Cross looks. Or a partial letter appears. Either way it's unreadable.

I cant save anymore to savestates in any game in r12, happened during crash bandicot. Maybe a SD card problem. Trying r13.

Was an SD problem, went to .pcsx folder and deleted a corrupted savestat after backup everything to harddrive.

Well it seems more stable - like pro evo 2 now has graphical gliches unlike before and more games stutter audio like tony hawks pro skater, maybe I havnt tested enough...

BTW there`s a weird bug with clock tower - There dialog text goes funny if you go into the emulators options and back out again, it becomes unreadable...very odd

ruffnutts

I noticed Castlevania Symphony of the Night has a weird graphical glitch now. A weird square shaped distortion appears at the top of the screen. It doesn't seem to get in the way of gameplay that much. Can anyone else confirm this? Seems to run a bit slower. I haven't tinkered with it much, however, just left the settings the same as previous PCSX versions.

I find the versions after r11 are much slower on the Wiz especially when running at 0 frameskip.

Hello,

can you help me with your settings for FFVII beacause the game always crash at the beginning of the first cut scene when we see the stars (US or Pal Version).
I'm using these settings :

Clock 750
Bios : 1001 or 7052 crash both
Gpu : PCSX4ALL
SPU : Built in

No Speed Hack

Thanks

Well Ive noticed some definite improvements with the new version. Spyro 2 wasnt even playable for me with R11, spyro would just fall forever. I have noticed however that FFIX seems to run a little choppy on the newest version. Also I think Castlevania was faster before and mine doesnt display in full screen and I swear it used to. Can anyone else confirm this..Does castlevania SON display in full screen on the caanoo? Either way all the releases are great because overall alot of games are now playable thanks to notaz!

mrkingoo, i'll try other game version, just couldnt make it start. all i've got was a black screen.

zapler0, maybr try downloading a new image of the disc, i use the same cfg, i'm on the 2nd disc (us ntsc ver.) and i've got no problems so far.

pato: NFS3 should work. It worked with previous versions and pscx4all. But it must be run with a regular bios file. Otherwise it will not load or run terrible

NFS4 ( high stakes) also runs ok. Unfortunately controls lag abour half a second for some reason

When Metal Gear Solid VR mission, and going into the options screen, the weak vibration test works but not the strong vibration, and the weak vibration test vibrates at the caanoos strong setting

Back