Pcsx Rearmed R11

Optimus said:
I don't know what the problem is. I don't know why Doom needs to load the CUE file first to work on ePSXe, something not possible on the Caanoo emulator. And I don't know what this could mean about the nature of the problem.
rearmed can parse the .cue fine, just the filename inside .cue file (.cue is just a text file) must match .bin with correct case. This won't help doom however, there is some CD drive emulation problem here.

stpat said:
I've noticed that some games (ie: Spiderman, Spyro, Hydro Thunder to name a few) have physics/collision detection related issues in the latest version that were not present in the previous version.

Do you happen to know (are you able to check) whether these issues are present in the Pandora or Wiz versions too? Not that either of those are an option for me, just wondering how the bugs were introduced and if they are somehow caanoo specific.
It's a known dynarec bug and all versions suffer from it, should be fixed in the next version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone managed to get Metal Gear Solid working yet? I just get a blank screen each time i try... do i need both CDs installed at the same time to get the initial one to load?

Try it with official BIOS, not with HLE. I tested it a few minutes ago. But it a litte bit slow, I think the game runs with 80-90% speed.

This is a great emulator, none if less it has some bugs, and some games don't run with full speed. Many thanks to Notaz! I read the release notes, I hope your opinion will change in the future, and you will code the GPU rendering with the Pullox 3D. In this case this would be the master piece in the Caanoo scene.

(Sorry if my english is bad, I write from Hungary.)

tibbo said:
Has anyone managed to get Metal Gear Solid working yet? I just get a blank screen each time i try... do i need both CDs installed at the same time to get the initial one to load?

notaz said:
What do you expect from a new release?
I don't really have much in line except Spyro 2/3 fix.

...That analog support? xD

Sounds awesome. Any idea whether this fix will fix Spiderman 1&2 as well?

notaz said:

notaz said:

C-12 fix :)

I'm sure the praise is boring by now, but once again thanks, notaz. And thanks, franxis and chui. Thanks to everyone whose work got the caanoo and wiz to this point.

Hope to make that appreciation manifest with donations when I'm able, and encourage everyone else who can to do the same.

Do you have any advice for a good freeware windows 7 program, to convert my psx games to .iso .bin/.cue .img, or whatever is best?
btw what is best?

ruffnutts said:
erico said:
could add g-sensor support too maybe?

Great Idea I`ve never used the G-Sensor :)

It would be neat to map the R3 stick to the g-sensor to manipulate the camera via tilt.

Akabei said:
Do you have any advice for a good freeware windows 7 program, to convert my psx games to .iso .bin/.cue .img, or whatever is best?
btw what is best?

Try this.

The disc images I use are made according the redump guidelines, though *cough* I didn't rip them myself.

SML said:
Akabei said:
btw what is best?

Try this.

The disc images I use are made according the redump guidelines, though *cough* I didn't rip them myself.
Thx for the link, but
Good lord, does it have to be that complicated? I just want to play some of my favourite games in german. I don't have any problems, using a cracked iso of a game I already bought(although even that seems to be illegal here), but most available isos are ntsc/english. If there's a lot of text, like in an RPG, my brain spents more time translating, than playing.

Hi all, just wanted to say to Notaz that you really are a legend!

Ever since this latest version of pcsxrearmed came out, i have been glued to my caanoo playing psx games decently. Something i never thought i would be able to do when i first bought my caanoo. To the extent that i had to buy a 32gb card for my caanoo so i could put more psx games on it lol.

I have now tested over 200 psx games for it, and at a guess i would say that 1/3 of them have run perfectly, 1/3 have run slightly slow(60-90% speed) but have been fully playable, and 1/3 have issues of some kind or are to slow. Still that's an awesome ratio, and i must say some of the psx games look awesome on a small screen!

Thanks again for the great work, Han!

@ HAN have you use the cbin compresser to shrink your iso`s to .cbn format.. it will free up loads of space on your card... some games go as far as half the size :p

Back