Pcsx Rearmed R11

notaz

Certified Guru
Website
notaz.gp2x.de
Caanoo: http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r11_caanoo.zip
Wiz: http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r11_wiz.zip
Source: http://notaz.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pcsx_rearmed.git

It's finally finished (sort of), there is now scaling in, and performance should be a bit better for most games (GTE code should now match PCSX4ALL's performance or surpass it). Also there are many compatibility fixes, .cbin and multidisk eboot support (I hope, not tested too much), and new speed hack options that can give you more speed, but break games. There is a new Wiz build too.

Enjoy!

One note for those who say this is "just an early alpha version": well I've been working on this thing for more then a year now (there have been 9 pandora versions before first Caanoo release) and can say there is not much left to be done to speed the emulation core up further. One big thing that would help is making use of pollux 3D capabilities to do PSX GPU rendering, but I have no plans to work on that, sorry. Other than that, there are some small things but that would be a lot of work with very little benefit, probably not even noticeable. So what I'm trying to say is that future versions are unlikely to be faster, but will probably fix compatibility bugs.

WOW! The performance increase is pretty darn noticeable!

I never thought that PS1 emulation could get so good so quickly! O_O

-OLY Crap for Wiz too!! Thank you Notaz! can't wait to try this..

Multi disk eboots are working great. Xenogears is almost perfect, some minor slowdowns. FFVII loads fine but black screens after choosing to start a new game. Maybe it's my eboot, I'll have to try a different one. Hopefully it'll work because these multis save alot of space on the mem card.

Geca said:
Where we can download the source code ?
First post updated.

Orion4874 said:
FFVII loads fine but black screens after choosing to start a new game.
Could be a bug, I implemented it after looking at one eboot in a hex editor so something could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just fantastic news - thanks for your hard work Notaz truly amazing....

Resident evil worked for me using gill :) and clock tower works better you can read the dialouge perfectly now :p

Kudos, kudos, kudos from Heaven.

Kudos.gif

Even more awesome sauce! Top banana Notaz! , now does anyone know of any good ghosts n goblins type games?

Woah, awesome! The games are indeed a bit faster, shame Tekken 3 and Colin 2.0 are still a bit too slow to be enjoyable, but a whole lot of awesome titles work really well now!

How about that caanoo's analog support? I couldn't get it to work, if it was there already.

Thanks a lot Notaz! Even if this is as far as it can go on the caanoo every 2d game I've thrown at it works at fullspeed or near fullspead so that's more than good enough for me.

Awesome work Notaz! :)
I gave a try with a few titles, I have to learn more on the configuration part of it.
Tried the analog control with wipeout 3, didn´t notice much difference, but I guess this game does not support it to start with.
Will check FF tatics later on.

It was a long run for you into it, must have been a lot of determination and passion, congratulations!

I'm not following... what do you mean you tried the analog control with Wipeout and it didn't make a difference?

erico said:
Awesome work Notaz! :)
I gave a try with a few titles, I have to learn more on the configuration part of it.
Tried the analog control with wipeout 3, didn´t notice much difference, but I guess this game does not support it to start with.
Will check FF tatics later on.

It was a long run for you into it, must have been a lot of determination and passion, congratulations!

ok, retried everything so to make sure.

STANDARD SCPH -1080
works fine with the caanoo controls and also with my logitech dual action(usb)

ANALOG SCPH -1150
dosen´t work with the caanoo controle and neither with the same logitech

The standard one works as if it is a PAD, there is no sensibility on the caanoo analog control neither the logitech analog control.

I may be doing something wrong, I´m new to it.

erico said:
The standard one works as if it is a PAD, there is no sensibility on the caanoo analog control neither the logitech analog control.
Yeah the analog option is still a pandora leftover and won't work. The touchscreen-controlled Guncon option might work though, you can try it in Time Crisis.

Not sure why people want to use external controllers, is it just out of interest or someone is really going to play games that way?

Back