[Caanoo/wiz] Pcsx Rearmed R12

Has anyone tried the X-Files game?
I can't seem to get it to play correctly.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the image file as I have similar problems with PC emulators.
The Cursor is corrupted and the FMV's stutter too much.

Hey evry1, i'm having problems downloading the emulator. Do i have 2 b signed in to download it. Can u send me a link ur fix this one. The previous emu is wat im using now. This new must even better. Thanx for the hard wrk.

ok here is r13 build:
http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r13_caanoo.zip
http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r13_wiz.zip

This just fixes some games that were not booting and some crashes, like later levels of Spyro2/3, for example. I didn't have time to properly test this release on Caanoo though, I tested one build a couple of revisions before release and it was ok.

About the reports of vibration not working, well, I tested Gran Turismo and Chrono Cross and it worked there, it could be that I implemented it wrong and it doesn't work with other games, don't have time to debug it right now.

this emulator is everything a little boy like me could ever wish for.
analog and vibration works on all dual shock compatible games that i've tried.
also the touchscreen can be enabled for guncon games. i'm getting a kick out of playing time crisis.

notaz said:
ok here is r13 build:

This just fixes some games that were not booting and some crashes, like later levels of Spyro2/3, for example. I didn't have time to properly test this release on Caanoo though, I tested one build a couple of revisions before release and it was ok.

About the reports of vibration not working, well, I tested Gran Turismo and Chrono Cross and it worked there, it could be that I implemented it wrong and it doesn't work with other games, don't have time to debug it right now.

I don't know what you did, but you are a brilliant!

Chrono Chross has gone from quite slow, to 100% speed.
(with some minor graphic glitches)

Will have to test with a few more things.
(Like FF7 which last time I checked was a bit slow in battle (unless I'm missing something important here...))

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work notaz! Thanks

foleyjo said:
Has anyone tried the X-Files game?
I can't seem to get it to play correctly.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the image file as I have similar problems with PC emulators.
The Cursor is corrupted and the FMV's stutter too much.

Tried it now (PAL-E .img). Same problem for me. Also tried ePsxe and the cursor is also corrupted

mrkingoo said:
Tried it now (PAL-E .img). Same problem for me. Also tried ePsxe and the cursor is also corrupted

Ok Thanks.
Must be something to do with the game itself.
It doesn't even work on the PSP when converted to an eboot.

Firstly, thanks Notaz - this is brilliant.

Orion4874 said:
I got this list of games that seem to support analog and/or vibration.

Porsche Challenge (Analog) (Vibration)

This is great - and one of my all time favourites. But, has anyone worked out how to change the view (ie switch from dashboard to behind the car)?

Thanks again Notaz, R13 is awesome! If i was a woman you could use my body for a night, to show you my appreciation. But sorry i'm a guy, and all i can say is Thanks Mate.

Han.

It's strange because the vibration function is ok. (but not in all the games) I hope you take a look when you have time. No work on any Crash Bandicoot game I tried (1, 2, 3 CTR).

But works well in:

Strider 2
Gran Turismo 1 and 2
Megaman X5 and X6
Metal Gear Solid (Thanks a lot)

Final Fantasy 9 and Pacman World half works, only vibrates when activated from the game options but in game is not working. I try with the r13...

Same results with r13

Hey guys I just got a caanoo last week and I am having some issues with pcsx rearmed. I copy the files into the same folder as my other emulators, place the .ini file the folder with the other .ini files. However, the emulator is not listing and I cannot load it from explorer it says invalid file. Plz Help! thanks

It seems that Ridge Racer Type 4 has stopped working since r11. Oh well. Other than that I'm quite grateful since I never thought I would have such good emulation on my trusty Caanoo. I wouldn't be surprised if someone got at least Mario 64 running in the future anymore, unless the 64 is THAT much more powerful than the PS1.

duff0403 said:
Hey guys I just got a caanoo last week and I am having some issues with pcsx rearmed. I copy the files into the same folder as my other emulators, place the .ini file the folder with the other .ini files. However, the emulator is not listing and I cannot load it from explorer it says invalid file. Plz Help! thanks

cancel that i had to edit the ini file all is well.

Hmm, so far every game I've tried worked as well or better than on R11, but since running R13, Klonoa - Door to Phantomile seemed to have stopped working. I can get so far as to starting a game and then it just says Now Loading and doesn't seem to want to go anywhere from there. The only setting I have changed is the bios so I'm running scph1001.bin.

Its funny.
R12 fixed Misadventures of Tron Bonne, then R13 broke it again! XD

But thats what multiple versions are for right? ;D

Wow - this is fantastic thank you, last time I used PCSX v2 and (not rearmed) and it wouldn't run much at a usable speed.

Just got policenauts to boot! and then I read it supports gun - now I want to find point blank!

RetroVortex said:
notaz said:
ok here is r13 build:

I don't know what you did, but you are a brilliant!

Chrono Chross has gone from quite slow, to 100% speed.
(with some minor graphic glitches)

Will have to test with a few more things.
(Like FF7 which last time I checked was a bit slow in battle (unless I'm missing something important here...))

Im wondering what settings you used for chrono cross because when I tried it with this new version the gameplay is just as slow. I did notice the movie sequences are perfect now whereas before they were choppy. So how did you get the gameplay "100%"?

Back