[Caanoo/wiz] Pcsx Rearmed R12

Does the Resident Evil 3 work at anybody? I tried it with HLE and wit BIOS, but still don't work. It is freezing at the first warning message.

ruffnutts said:
So can ape escape be played now?
The game runs but when I try to go into the emulator settings 'Controls' then 'Analog Controls' it just crashes the emulator every time.

korni said:
Does the Resident Evil 3 work at anybody? I tried it with HLE and wit BIOS, but still don't work. It is freezing at the first warning message.
Just had a quick go and it seems to work OK for me (NTSC, HLE)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to copy the save games (mem card) from one version to an other?

Thanks a lot for your work, but vibration don't work on caanoo i try a lot of games (metal gear solid, crash bandicoot 3, gran turismo, etc, etc.) or this is for xbox 360 controller? (i try later) also analog don't work ok if don't push to the edge the character still run instead of walk (crash bandicoot 3). Thanks again your psx emulator is the reason why i have a caanoo :D

Cory said:
Thanks a lot for your work, but vibration don't work on caanoo i try a lot of games (metal gear solid, crash bandicoot 3, gran turismo, etc, etc.) or this is for xbox 360 controller? (i try later) also analog don't work ok if don't push to the edge the character still run instead of walk (crash bandicoot 3). Thanks again your psx emulator is the reason why i have a caanoo :D
You need to enable "Analog (SCPH-1150)" in controls menu for any of this to work (and sometimes reset the game after change).

Advan said:
The game runs but when I try to go into the emulator settings 'Controls' then 'Analog Controls' it just crashes the emulator every time.

It doesn't like an old config file somewhere. Try deleting the old version for a fresh install instead of just dropping it in place, that fixed the problem for me.
And like an idiot forgot to copy over my savestates first...

notaz said:
You need to enable "Analog (SCPH-1150)" in controls menu for any of this to work (and sometimes reset the game after change).

Thanks for the answer, I already had tried, this is how I did
- load the game
- change port 1 device to Analog (SCPH-1150)
- Vibration on
- Save cfg for loaded game
- reset the game
but still don't work, i tried to change vibration effect from caanoo config strong, moderate and weak don't work even try to off, xbox 360 controller vibration don't work too, maybe i'm doing something wrong...

when upgrade the emulator only save my savestates and memcards is a fresh installation

darklight1138 said:
Can anyone recommend any good RPGs for the PS? I already have WildARMs.
There are hundreds. Maybe racketboy helps. See here for the obvious, or here for some hidden gems.
Vagrant Story is definitely worth a try, but you need a high frustration level, as it's really difficult.

Akabei said:
darklight1138 said:
There are hundreds. Maybe racketboy helps. See here for the obvious, or here for some hidden gems.
Vagrant Story is definitely worth a try, but you need a high frustration level, as it's really difficult.

Brave Fencer its a blinding little game, might even pick that up and start playing it again.. recommend that darklight...

ruffnutts said:
Akabei said:
darklight1138 said:

Brave Fencer its a blinding little game, might even pick that up and start playing it again.. recommend that darklight...

And it works with analog ;)

someoneElse said:
Advan said:

It doesn't like an old config file somewhere. Try deleting the old version for a fresh install instead of just dropping it in place, that fixed the problem for me.
And like an idiot forgot to copy over my savestates first...
Thanks, I did a fresh install and I can now access the Analog Control settings for this game without crashing. So I've set Left Stick to pollux-analog and I can now move about in the game. However in Ape Escape you also need the Right Stick in order to attack enemies with your weapons, is there some way to use the Caanoo's other buttons in place of the missing right analog stick?

Cory said:
notaz said:

- load the game
- Vibration on
- reset the game
but still don't work, i tried to change vibration effect from caanoo config strong, moderate and weak don't work even try to off, xbox 360 controller vibration don't work too, maybe i'm doing something wrong...

when upgrade the emulator only save my savestates and memcards is a fresh installation

I'm having exactly the same problem with trying to get the vibration to work :( I wonder if it is something to do with it maintaining some of the old settings from the previous version (R11)? I didn't really want to delete the old version and do a fresh install of the new version because I would then have to re-load all of my games too which would take aaaages :( is that the only way to get the vibration working?

Thanks again so much for all of the hard work on this! What a great christmas it has been for the caanoo with both this and FBA in the past few days :)

tibbo said:
Cory said:
notaz said:

- load the game
- Vibration on
- reset the game

I'm having exactly the same problem with trying to get the vibration to work :( I wonder if it is something to do with it maintaining some of the old settings from the previous version (R11)? I didn't really want to delete the old version and do a fresh install of the new version because I would then have to re-load all of my games too which would take aaaages :( is that the only way to get the vibration working?

Thanks again so much for all of the hard work on this! What a great christmas it has been for the caanoo with both this and FBA in the past few days :)

Well I just deleted everything in the pcsx rearmed DIR apart ftom my bios folder and iso folder and just put there rest from the archive in there and it works no need to delete ya games
Also under controls there`s another anolog setting you need to change to pollux-analog thats what I did, having said that I aint had Vibration working yet though but who cares battery drainer lol

Anyway worked well for croc :)

ruffnutts

ruffnutts said:
Well I just deleted everything in the pcsx rearmed DIR apart ftom my bios folder and iso folder and just put there rest from the archive in there and it works no need to delete ya games
Also under controls there`s another anolog setting you need to change to pollux-analog thats what I did, having said that I aint had Vibration working yet though but who cares battery drainer lol

Anyway worked well for croc :)

ruffnutts

Changing analog settings to pollux do it work ok now if i don't push to the edge the character walk instead of run (crash bandicoot 3) but vibration still don't work :( what configuration you use in your caanoo? weak moderate strong or off?? (anyway no one work for me) maybe is the firmware version? 1.6.1

is a fresh installation i try to install again and nothing change

Well the game as to support analog to work and vibration aswell I would say - I know this as I tried to use pitfall 3D as analog and it did not work, the buttons were unresponsive unless I turned off analog, I`m using the latest firmware 1.6.1 - like I said croc was nicer to play....

Maybe Notaz could shed some light on the matter :p

ruffnutts

Playing Clock Tower now and it runs great. But sometimes the text for dialoges etc is garbled and very hard to read. Dont know if this was a problem versions pre-r12

@ mrKingoo I had that proplem in r11 but managed to sort it out I just can remember the settings lol, I will mess with it :)

EDIT: buy setting the GPU to the builtin_gpu and using HLE and frameskip 3 the text is fine must do this before loading the game though
Because it messes up when you use the emullator options after loading

ruffnutts.....

Back