Website
notaz.gp2x.de
EDIT: latest release is r14:

http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r14_caanoo.zip
http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r14_wiz.zip

old post below:

http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r12_caanoo.zip
http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r12_wiz.zip

Well, this is mostly a bugfix release, however it now has new frameskip code, which should be friendly with more games. It now also allows higher frameskip values, which should help games that run at high internal framerates. As an example, Tekken3 is much more playable with higher frameskip. Oh and there is now analog support, and an optimization for 4bpp sprites (Castlevania).

I haven't got a chance to try the Wiz version, so I don't know if it works (don't have it with me here).
Otherwise merry Christmas and enjoy the release!

Thank you very much Notaz.I tried R11 and I thought it was already excellent, and now you present R12 pcsx rearmed.Thank you again,well apprieciated.XD.

Awesome job as always. Just tried Spiderman, and the bug I reported is fixed. Thanks!

Great work notaz, much respect to you buddy!

I got this list of games that seem to support analog and/or vibration.

Ape Escape (Analog) (Vibration)
Breath of Fire III (Analog) (Vibration)
Breath of Fire IV (Vibration)
Crash Bandicoot: Warped (Analog) (Vibration)
Crono Cross (Vibration)
Dance Dance Revolution (Vibration)
Dark Stone (vibration)
Dino Crisis (Vibration)
Dino Crisis 2 (Analog) (Vibration)
Final Fantasy VIII (Analog) (Vibration)
Final Fantasy IX (Analog) (Vibration)
Gran Turismo (Analog) (Vibration)
Gran Turismo 2 (Analog) (Vibration)
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature (Analog)
JetMoto 3 (Analog) (Vibration)
Metal Gear Solid (Analog) (Vibration)
Mr. Driller (Vibration)
Parasite Eve (Analog)
Populous: The Beginning (Analog)
Porsche Challenge (Analog) (Vibration)
Quake II (Analog) (Vibration)
Resident Evil Director's Cut - DualShock Version (Analog) (Vibration)
Resident Evil 2 DualShock Version (Analog) (Vibration)
Saltwater Sport Fishing (Analog)
Spyro the Dragon (Analog)
Star Ocean: The Second Story (Analog) (Vibration)
Tekken 3 (Analog) (Vibration)
UmJammer Lammy (Analog) (Vibration)
Vagrant Story (Analog) (Vibration)

I'm not sure if this is all of them but it's all i've found so far. If anyone knows of others i'll add them to the list.

Merry X-mas to all of GP32X!!! :D

I can confirm that The Misadventures of Tron Bonne works a treat now! :D

Still a shame Chrono Cross is still quite slow, (or choppy with manual frameskipping), but it appears this version improves things across the board fantastically!

Best. Christmas. Present. Ever!

Hi,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what was "analog support" added to?

Are you referring to the caanoo joystick? (was it treating the joystick as digital in previous releases?)

Happy holidays everyone!

ps. I can confirm this latest release fixes the problems I found in Spyro, Spiderman and Hydro Thunder. Awesome!

Orion4874 said:
Great work notaz, much respect to you buddy!

I got this list of games that seem to support analog and/or vibration.

Ape Escape (Analog) (Vibration)
Breath of Fire III (Analog) (Vibration)
Breath of Fire IV (Vibration)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am confirming that r12 works fine with the Wiz as well, AND C-12 now works. one thing though, On most games 0 frame skip is smoother but somewhat slower than before.

Notaz, I just want to say thanks! This is a very nice christmas present for me and I'm sure lots of others as well. I will doing some travelling and this(r12) will be a fun thing to play with during my holidays. I appreciate your effort :)

Can anyone put this on a mirror download? For some reason I have problems downloading from the dev's site. Every time I download I get varying file size but it is not the complete file. This is a great emulator and far better than PCSX4ALL. I can actually play Megaman Legends, Diablo, Spyro,etc where these are not playable with the other.

Wow, playing certain games is so much better now!
I never knew that Croc 2 with an analog stick would actually play better, too.
I mean, he turns way faster now, thus making the platforming a whole lot easier and mroe enjoyable.

For those who have problems with making the analog stick to work - clear the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT keys in the controls menu, if you just enable the analog stick, both d-pad and the analog stick will be used, which is what you don't want to happen. Othervise fancy stuff will occur, for instance, the features of an analog stick actually not working.

Anyhow, still testing some games. So far everything works as well as it could.

Thanks for the release :)

In wipeout 2097, the ships are all black, untextured... Is there a known workaround for it?

Edit:
nevermind... using the bios file and rebooting the Caanoo fixed it !

Back