Release [Beta] UAE4All with new GUI

TomB

Very Active Member
Here is a version of UAE4All with a new GUI (based on layout and design of lubomyr).

This version has also few other changes compared to latest beta:

- Bugfix: A few games/intros crashed when "Sound" was set to "accurate" (i.e. Crystal intro of 1000cc Turbo)
- More accurate cycle timing between CPU and custom chips (fixes graphics issues in Lionheart)

The attached version of guichan has two bugfixes compared to the latest version I found in the internet.

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

use4all_src.zip

guichan-0.8.2.zip

Attachments

• UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    1.4 MB · Views: 209
  • use4all_src.zip
    385.8 KB · Views: 194
  • guichan-0.8.2.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 203
oh fantastic!  

I think I`ve seen that gui... is it the same thats going round on eab for Android??   if so....   :(

actually it`s not too bad...

Think I found a bug:

In the Hard Drive tab, if you click on file and click on the file browser, nothing happens.. I have to click on the folder browser to find the .hdf file.

Darren

I like this new GUI, it's certainly a lot more modern looking. I've a few suggestions from my brief use of it anyway, is there any way to navigate it using keyboard? I also think swapping between tabs using the shoulder buttons would be fairly user friendly, having to do everything using a touchscreen is a little awkward. Oh and finally, I'd like to be able to press the Amiga icon to reset the emulation! :)

I like this new GUI, it's certainly a lot more modern looking. I've a few suggestions from my brief use of it anyway, is there any way to navigate it using keyboard? I also think swapping between tabs using the shoulder buttons would be fairly user friendly, having to do everything using a touchscreen is a little awkward. Oh and finally, I'd like to be able to press the Amiga icon to reset the emulation! :)
I don`t use the touchscreen.... numbs with the mouse ..

Sadly the nubs on my Pandora aren't the most reliable, not always fond of going down-right! Another minor issue I've spotted, the upper overclock speed is maxed as 1140mhz, my Pandora xan do 1250mhz which I've used quite a bit for demading AGA games previously

Navigation with dpad is on the todo list.

Right shoulder button is used as shortcut for reset and press q for quit.

Here is a new version with some changes in new GUI:

- Navigation through GUI with dpad, select with button A, X or enter
- Screenshot in hires mode now working
- 1260 MHz as max. Pandora speed
- Switch of joystick configuation working
- Load HD file working again
- Remember last active tab

uae4all_src.zip

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

Attachments

• uae4all_src.zip
    826.9 KB · Views: 183
  • UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    2.1 MB · Views: 197
Brilliant stuff TomB :)  

I did notice that save states seem to be working, well with one game I`ve tried with Tiny Launcher :)

Another great start for the New Year by the looks of things, thanks again Tom!

Just had a good run at this new version, much easier to use (for me at least!) with keyboard controls. Still no quite managed to get Lionheart working on my current setup, but I'll keep on tweaking settings until it does. I used to own it back in the day, not sure if it'll still play well nowadays! (can't remember if it played great back then really, but it looked pretty). I remember it being advertised as having something like the most levels of parallax scrolling seen in an Amiga game at the time...

Just had a good run at this new version, much easier to use (for me at least!) with keyboard controls. Still no quite managed to get Lionheart working on my current setup, but I'll keep on tweaking settings until it does. I used to own it back in the day, not sure if it'll still play well nowadays! (can't remember if it played great back then really, but it looked pretty). I remember it being advertised as having something like the most levels of parallax scrolling seen in an Amiga game at the time...

Good job indeed. The only slight annoyance in this new version is the fact that every time you pick an ADF disk, you have to scroll all the way down. IIRC, previous GUI was remembering where you were in the list. If you have a lot of ADF images, it can be boring to scroll through all the files each time you want to get DISK #2, for example. :)

Thank you!

Still no quite managed to get Lionheart working on my current setup
Lionheart is working on my device with these settings:

CPU 68000, Chipset ECS, Kick 2,0, 7MHz, Chip 1Mb, Slow off, Fast off, Refresh 50Hz, Sound fast, Joystick Port1

Don't worry about second reset of Amiga after load of first data from disk. This is normal.

Still no quite managed to get Lionheart working on my current setup
Lionheart is working on my device with these settings:
CPU 68000, Chipset ECS, Kick 2,0, 7MHz, Chip 1Mb, Slow off, Fast off, Refresh 50Hz, Sound fast, Joystick Port1

Don't worry about second reset of Amiga after load of first data from disk. This is normal.
Thanks Tom, I'll try this out! Did you download Putty Squad from the System 3 website yet?

Back