Release [Beta] new version of UAE4All

was there any further movement on getting directories to work as a hard file or is this probably never gonna happen.
I currently work with a folder as hard drive. The folder was created for WinUAE and copied to my FAT32 formatted SD card.I can boot to this HD and everything is fine.

Regards,

TomB
Wait what???!! I wish i were wrong but i think we're talking about slightly diff things. #pleaseletmebewrong

When you set up the HD in uae4ll, you can choose a file (1GB or whatever) or a directory on the pandora. I thought using a directory didn't work. Basically i want to use tinylauncher but i want it so that i can add and remove games simply be deleting directly or adding to a folder on the sd card. This I don't think is possible?

I'm using a directory on my SD card as a hard disk in uae4all. I have to check if I can simply add some files to this folder and then access them inside the amiga.

Can you boot straight into Workbench from this folder and not actually have to use a hdf file at all then?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know anything about the tinylauncher. Sorry, can't help you with this.

hope so, it will be so much easier to identify WHD files which work and those that don't to make a nice tidy tinylauncher where every game works. It takes too long currently as you have to rebuild the hardfile every time.

damn i wish I didn't have stuff to do tonight!

This is where things become interesting. I've bought Annga Forever and put its kickstart roms onto my Pandora. Now I can get Worms DC (ADF version) playing where previously it would crash the emulator. I've also done a fresh install of Workbench 3.1 using files from Amiga Forever and I can boot into that from a HD directory on my Pandora without problem.

Things to try next? Put my HD games directory into my Workbench install. Not sure if copying them directly will do the trick. I also must rebuild my classic WB HDF file using these official Workbench disks and see does that improve compatability(it's a nicer desktop setup to use than vanilla Workbench! )

Today's late night update. Rebuilt my Classic WB hdf using the official Workbench disks from Amiga Forever, now I can get Worms DC playing from HD too! Also I managed to get Pinball Fantasies AGA playing nicely and Pinball Illusions (wasn't there issues with some of these previously?). Could get Slam Tilt to the table select screen then it hangs...

Hey stouffa: what versions of roms are you using from AF? I have the 2006 version... Just wanting to fix ( if possible ) the Zeewolf issue

Sent from my Amiga using the cli.

I bought the newest version during the week. When I installed it there were a few kickstart roms already named in the format we use on the Pandora so I just copied them across. I'll try Zeewolf snd see does thst work for me....

... Just tried it there. Same issue as you describe.

Knackers :(

Thanks for trying...

Its the same for both Zeewolf and Zeewolf 2

Sent from my Amiga using the cli.

Couldn#t get Super Stardust to run past the intro either, wouldn't even display the scrolling Star Wars style text bit. I think even the original Stardust has graphical glitches under UAE4ALL too?

Back