Release [Beta] new version of UAE4All

Edit: Also still suffers from the same problem as the last version in that when you insert a new disk your scaling preferences get reset to 640x480 instead of what you actually wanted (and saved as global config) previously.
Please look in the config folder if there is a game specific configuration for the new disk you insert.

There is definitely something wrong with the sound in the accelerated Amiga modes. Both AB3D and Breathless run at flawless speeds on my CC pandora, but the sound has huge gaps within it, despite the smooth framerate.
There is nothing wrong with the sound. The pandora isn't fast enough to emulate the accelerated Amiga. You always get audio gaps when the framerate is below 50 (Refresh rate 50 Hz and frameskip 0) or below 25 (Refresh rate 50 Hz and frameskip 1). You have smooth gameplay with 40 fps (instead of 50 fps), but you only get 0.8 seconds of sound instead of 1.0 seconds...

Running at one ghz and with a frame skip of one, AB3D runs quite well for me and the sound seems fairly solid(played most of the first level), still haven't gotten a version of Worms DC to work properly, I'll have to try some adfs instead! I got Banshee AGA to work but it seem to start in two player mode (not investigated too much so far)

How do you get a custom keyset to save? I've tried with global config, but that didn't seem to work! I do like the fact that you can save the config for several hdf settings, I've a workbench one where I add a directory for games, and that directory gets automatically selected when I pick that hard drive. :)

Edit: Also still suffers from the same problem as the last version in that when you insert a new disk your scaling preferences get reset to 640x480 instead of what you actually wanted (and saved as global config) previously.
Please look in the config folder if there is a game specific configuration for the new disk you insert.
No, I only have one config file in there.

D.

There is definitely something wrong with the sound in the accelerated Amiga modes. Both AB3D and Breathless run at flawless speeds on my CC pandora, but the sound has huge gaps within it, despite the smooth framerate.
There is nothing wrong with the sound. The pandora isn't fast enough to emulate the accelerated Amiga. You always get audio gaps when the framerate is below 50 (Refresh rate 50 Hz and frameskip 0) or below 25 (Refresh rate 50 Hz and frameskip 1). You have smooth gameplay with 40 fps (instead of 50 fps), but you only get 0.8 seconds of sound instead of 1.0 seconds...
Ah, thanks for that. Shame, as the display is updating so smoothly I was fooled into thinking that this runs faster than my real A1200, which of course has perfect sound at a lower FPS.

D.

Found an issue with this version. Actually it's the beta I think, not this experimental ver.

Selecting preset system doesn't change the CPU speed ( pressing b button ) if you swap between the two and look at the CPU speed it doesn't change..

Also with this experimental ver I'm getting Los of graphical glitches in games that I wasn't getting before.

Like a few garbled lines here and there and I got a vertical bar in the game Pandora..

Like a few garbled lines here and there and I got a vertical bar in the game Pandora..
I can't see anything in the game Pandora. I tried some older versions of uae4all and in no one was anything useful on the screen (black screen or gray top half and black bottom half)

Edit: Found correct settings.. try again to reproduce issue.

Edit2: Can't see any differences between the current version and older versions in this game

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't see anything in the game Pandora. I tried some older versions of uae4all and in no one was anything useful on the screen (black screen or gray top half and black bottom half)

Edit: Found correct settings.. try again to reproduce issue.
Ive deleted everything, downloaded again.. Using the new beta..

Starting Pandora now gives me a freeze white screen lock. ( have to reboot Pandora )

I'm using the a500 config with CPU speed a500

Just had a look in the config directory in appdata - there's two files in there. One appears to be a history of the last disk inserted (just one entry) and the other is the global config, which has a screen width of 800 pixels set. When inserting a new disk, it resets back to 640 pixels wide despite the global configuration setting.

D.

I have an annoying issue now..
I tried the experimental version... Didn't work out so I copied back over my previous version. Getting lock ups :(
So I deleted everything, appdata the whole lot..

Downloaded the version from the repo..

Went to start it and It moans about no kickstart ( but doesn't create the dirs etc )
So I have to create the dir manually. So now I'm using the repo version, with my original kickstarts etc.and I'm getting lock ups with almost every game that worked before..
I can get to the kickstart screen ok..on both a1200 and a500 but as soon as I insert a disk.. It locks up and I have to ( pandora button & power switch ) it.

I think I've tried everything... It was running perfect until I tried the experimental version ( I was using the beta from TomB )

Ay ideas?

Here is a new version without creating a new thread for display.

I used a different way to avoid waisting much time for waiting till vsync is reached. So you still have a better performance as the version in repo.

Bugfix: HD specific config was only loaded when "boot from HD" was selected before.

Added new option: auto frameskip. When gameplay is smooth, but you have some audio gaps, this option may give you better sound. Don't use this option when a game doesn't run well with frameskip 1.

Changed starting script, so all folders are created if no kickstart exists.

source.zip

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

Attachments

• source.zip
    385.2 KB · Views: 239
  • UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    2.3 MB · Views: 128
... Ay ideas?
Have you checked the folder permissions?

You can send me the content of the folder .../appdata/uae4all via PM and I check this on my pandoras.

Ok, looking fun. 

You weren't kidding about the auto frameskip - it slows things down really badly. I can live with gappy sound, I suppose. The video in AB3D and Breathless is smooth as silk at 950MHz with Frameskip 1 though, so it's a shame about the sound.

Still losing display settings when a disk is inserted - switches straight back to 640 width. Also not using my default filter now - it's stretching using a nearest neighbour rather than bilinear so looks awful when stretched. The old version  (and your previous beta) didn't do that. 

D.

IT seems like we're all pretty much using AB3D to push the envelope for this emulator? ;) I didn't see any of the graphics glitches others reported with your last beta (granted I didn't get a chance to try out too many different games), but it seems like this new version is slightly slower than the last (for me anyway, I only downloaded it last night)

... Ay ideas?

Have you checked the folder permissions?

You can send me the content of the folder .../appdata/uae4all via PM and I check this on my pandoras.
Hi TomB :)

Sorry for the late reply...

Perms on my games folder is 777 and root/root.

I'm travelling at the moment so I don't have access to a pc to send you my contents...

When I get backin a few days and I still have the problem I'll do that :)

Hi Tom,

Really grateful for your continued work on this.

I am finding that I am have compatibility issues with some games that up until recent releases worked fine. Both Gods and Cannon Fodder worked fine but now won't load. Both start loading but then the screen glitches out in different colours and the emulator slows right down and the games fails to load - Cannon Fodder gets all the way to the mission start screen before it does this.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Hi Tom,

Really grateful for your continued work on this.

I am finding that I am have compatibility issues with some games that up until recent releases worked fine. Both Gods and Cannon Fodder worked fine but now won't load. Both start loading but then the screen glitches out in different colours and the emulator slows right down and the games fails to load - Cannon Fodder gets all the way to the mission start screen before it does this.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
I have to analyze these games. I'll check this in the next days.

I just tried Cannon Fodder and Gods under Tinylauncher, Cannon Fodder runs fine for me, but Gods quits back to the launcher...

Back