Release [Beta] new version of UAE4All

New version of uae4all with following changes to previous version in this thread:

- Fixed bug with disk drive 1-3. All drives working fine.

- New option (menu More Options): select active joystick port (port0, port1 or both). Select the right port to prevent activating second player in some games.

- Bugfix: press of second button often interpreted as press of both buttons

List of all changes to latest version in repo:

- Right shift of entire display by one pixel fixed
- New Amiga screen widths: 352, 384, 704, 768
- HD file/folder specific configs
- Merged some changes of other uae versions in cia.cpp, custom.cpp, filesys.cpp
- Selecting different .adf changes nothing in configuration if no disk-specific config exists
- Option to select joystick in port 0, port 1 or both. Select the right port to prevent activating second player in some games.
- Bugfix: press of second button in port 0 often interpreted as press of both buttons

Regards,

TomB

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

uae4all_src.zip

Attachments

• UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    2.1 MB · Views: 248
  • uae4all_src.zip
    826.6 KB · Views: 245
great stuff TomB :)  thanks.. will try later.

Just looking back through this thread... was/is this been fixed?  ( for Dunny ) 

'Still losing display settings when a disk is inserted - switches straight back to 640 width. Also not using my default filter now - it's stretching using a nearest neighbour rather than bilinear so looks awful when stretched. The old version  (and your previous beta) didn't do that. '

On another note TomB, do you have any idea why Zeewolf and Zeewolf 2 freeze when you go into the weapons selection screen.

i`ve tried different kickstarts, versions of the game and settings... 

weird thing is ( can`t remember which one ) when I choose the older version of uae4all, and one of the cores I can`t select the Zeewolf .adf... but I can select other games... but whatever I do I can`t select it... 

Keep up the good work..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again for the continued updates and the personal testing of a few games for me!

With a bit of tweaking of memory settings now gotten the Whdload versions of Deluxe Galaga AGA, D/Generation AGA and Theme Park AGA to run. Theme Park does take a while to load but runs fine. Galaga has an odd bug in that the enemy bullets kill you but colliding with the enemies themselves doesn't.

In another quick question, is there a keyboard shortcut for activating custom controls?

This is where my true nerdiness kicks in. I've got GTA V to start on my 360, more Rayman Legends to play on Vita.... and instead I spend the evening downloading and reinstalling WHDload games for my Pandora! ! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Sorry for gravedigging again, but does anyone know if there's any progress being made on the mouse movement bug in this? It does make playing mouse based games rather awkward.

I updated the wiki entry Dont know if it solves your problem, but there is a nubs version available.

Could the files be uploaded to the repo instead? Easier to point there, as it doesnt get outdated every release.

Bumping the version number on each revision would also be welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bug isn't with the nubs, that's been long sorted in these beta releases (and in the UAE4ALL 2.0 PND on the repo). The mouse issue is that sometimes in game you can't move a mouse around the complete screen, just a smalle box. Sometimes moving the mouse around to the extreme edges of this region fixes it, sometimes not. And other time, the smaller (invisible) box only seems to appear after a little while. There's a youtube video linked somewhere above that demonstrates this...

I saw this problem a few times during develpment, but it's very difficult to search a solution. It doen't occur very often on my device. In only one of perhaps 20 starts this problem shows up. But I try to catch it...

Btw, I made some progress with performance enhancements. A complex AGA demo runs now at full speed without frameskip on my 1GHz Pandora. I hope I can release a new version soon.

Regards,

TomB

Ooh nice, I hadn't seen this thread. I shall have to try out these releases forthwith!
You're in for great times if you're a Miggy fan then. This emulator is great and still getting better with each release!

New version of uae4all with following changes to previous version in this thread:

- Bugfix: load of disk specific config copied last used disk name to all empty drives
- Performance enhancements: some AGA stuff runs now with full speed without frameskip on 1 GHz Pandora
- Bugfix (hopefully): mousepointer no longer limited to part of screen
- Removed Pandora CPU speed setting, should be done via OS
- Added stereo mode (thanks to lubomyr for his changes in android version)

List of all changes to latest version in repo:

- Right shift of entire display by one pixel fixed
- New Amiga screen widths: 352, 384, 704, 768
- HD file/folder specific configs
- Merged some changes of other uae versions in cia.cpp, custom.cpp, filesys.cpp
- Selecting different .adf changes nothing in configuration if no disk-specific config exists
- Option to select joystick in port 0, port 1 or both. Select the right port to prevent activating second player in some games.
- Bugfix: press of second button in port 0 often interpreted as press of both buttons
- Bugfix: load of disk specific config copied last used disk name to all empty drives
- Performance enhancements: some AGA stuff runs now with full speed without frameskip on 1 GHz Pandora
- Bugfix (hopefully): mousepointer no longer limited to part of screen
- Removed Pandora CPU speed setting, should be done via OS
- Added stereo mode (thanks to lubomyr for his changes in android version)

Regards,

TomB

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

use4all_src.zip

Attachments

• UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    2.2 MB · Views: 277
  • use4all_src.zip
    839.2 KB · Views: 281
That's an impressive update TomB :) i shall be grabbing this :)

Are any of these fixes related to the issue found in Zeewolf? Or have you not had chance to look at that yet :)

Sent from my Amiga using the cli.

There is no fix for Zeewolf in this release. I don't know, when I have a look at this.

Thanks Tom for another update! I'll be giving this a full workout in the near future as normal:)

Thank you TomB for your great work! However I think that removing the CPU speed is a regression: on my CC, I had sometimes to adjust the clock speed on the fly, because some games or demos were too slow. If you are using MiniMenu, you have to create a savestate, exit your emulation session, set the clock, then come back to the emu and your game. Compared to the ability of setting the clock directly in the emulator, that's a pain :) (that's also a feature I love in PCSXRearmed). Do you think you could put it back into the GUI please?

Thank you! :)

Do you need to adjust the cpu speed also with the performance enhancements? If so, I'll enable this option in the next release.

Seems to work great for now ! Thanks a lot !

I've seen A1200 T2 on the android version, would it be useful to add it on the Pandora ?
I have to check, what framerate is possible with this option. If we get at least 25 fps, then we can add this.

Back