Release [Beta] new version of UAE4All

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy trying many dsks so I could give you a list. I have sent you a PM with the list. Let me know if you need me to send you the dsks.

Hi.

Here is the current version of UAE4All. I removed all experimental stuff.

Changes compared to the latest version in Repo:

- Right shift of entire display by one pixel fixed
- New Amiga screen widths: 352, 384, 704, 768
- HD file/folder specific configs
- Merged some changes of other uae versions in cia.cpp, custom.cpp, disk.cpp, filesys.cpp
- Selecting different .adf changes nothing in configuration if no disk-specific config exists

Some test results for games reported not working:

- Deluxe Galaga: The disk I found isn't AGA and works when you select ECS

- Super Methane Bros: Found no problems

- Worms DC: Works with following settings: AGA, 2 MB chip ram, 0 MB fast ram

Tested about 20 games without leaving the emulator and there was no crash. Also tested some stuff with hard disk (folder) and found no issues.

Regards,

TomB

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

uae4all_src.zip

Attachments

• UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    2.1 MB · Views: 172
  • uae4all_src.zip
    388.4 KB · Views: 147
Thanks again Tom for all the hard work! It's much appreciated. For me having a portable Amiga is one of my best perks of having a Pandora! :)

I put this in the repo when some more testing is done in the next few days.

TomB

Hi TomB,

first of all, thanks for your great work with UAE4ALL!

I have found an issue, though:

I tried booting my old dh0: in the emulator but the startup fails very early ("EXECUTE: Unknown command").

The problem probably is, that the filesystem on the SDCard is EXT2 (don't want to change that, symlinks are too useful), and EXT2 is case-sensitive.

The Amiga filesystem was not case-sensitive, though (IIRC).

Would it be possible to add an ignore-case feature to UAE4ALL ?

(i.e. just convert all file/dirnames to lowercase and use a lookup table to map emulator file/dirnames to the actual Linux filesystem names ?)

(I'm dying to play SuperStardust AGA and this has always been a problematic game for UAE (not only on the Pandora). There's a (patched??) WHDLoad version, that works, though but for that I need to boot from dh0)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi TomB:

Just tried Zeewolf 2 again... And it still hangs when you go to the weapons selection screen. Do you have any ideas as to this problem? I've been dying to play this when you started working on UAE4ALL.

Sent from my Amiga using the cli.

A little issue with the mouse pointer on the workbench, using the nubs : sometimes it's stuck in a little zone of the screen.

I have to use the touchscreen to be able to move it on the whole screen again.

Hope i'm clear :)

A little issue with the mouse pointer on the workbench, using the nubs : sometimes it's stuck in a little zone of the screen.

Ive seen this... Like the pointer is stuck within a square in workbench or the game

Sent from my Amiga using the cli.

Is this new in the current version or did you see this also in the last version in the repo?

I've not tried the latest beta yet but I can confirm that this bug has remained in the last few versions. It's like the window the mouse operates in is only a quarter of the actual screen on the Pandora. Moving around a lot mostly fixes it. I didn't think of trying that touchscreen trick before. ..

Oh and this is my 1000th post, should have guessed it'd be Amiga related! ! ;)

Don't want to be too affirmative, but in the last version of the repo I don't think i had the problem or maybe sometimes.

I think it occurs when I change the display in UAE4all while i'm the workbench.

Just a few things I've noticed on this new version...

1. Still got that mouse big as described earlier.

2. Don't seem to be able to get more than one disk drive recognised by the emulator at any one time.

3. My configs don't seem to save on exiting the emulator.

4. I must try locate other versions of Worms DC, still can't get this to work. The Amiga crashes to a guru meditation every time

was there any further movement on getting directories to work as a hard file or is this probably never gonna happen.

thanks for the new version too

Do you mean booting up from a directory or just accessing a Pandora directory from within Amiga Workbench?

was there any further movement on getting directories to work as a hard file or is this probably never gonna happen.
I currently work with a folder as hard drive. The folder was created for WinUAE and copied to my FAT32 formatted SD card.I can boot to this HD and everything is fine.

Regards,

TomB

2. Don't seem to be able to get more than one disk drive recognised by the emulator at any one time.
I noticed a problem with the disk change signal for drive 1 to 3. Hope to fix this next weekend.

TomB

Back