Beautiful landscapes are prettier than portraits

What are your feelings about that development?

• I want the FullHD display, no matter what! It'll look so much better! I don't care about the perform

Votes: 14 4.0%
  • FullHD would've been nice, but with those issues, HalfHD is better. I still would've preferred FullH

Votes: 72 20.8%
  • FullHD is overkill anyways in my opinion. HalfHD is way better suited for a screen that size.

Votes: 139 40.2%
  • CPU performance and easy development are more important than the higher resolution. I'm fine with th

Votes: 208 60.1%
  • I don't really care about the difference between FullHD or HalfHD - it's more important that the gam

Votes: 116 33.5%

• Total voters

Pffft... Even the Pandora's screen could handle 3D 3DS emulation... you just need to display the left and right eye images side by side and free-view them. ;)

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it irks some people to hear this, but I rather have the whole space between the sticks be a touchscreen instead.

Not that it is a must have feature for me.

I know it irks some people to hear this, but I rather have the whole space between the sticks be a touchscreen instead.

Not that it is a must have feature for me.
What would you use such a tiny touchpad for? Or did you actually want a display there?

What would you use such a tiny touchpad for? Or did you actually want a display there?
Well, as a mouse and I actually want a display. To clarify, all the way towards the hinge.

Well, as a mouse and I actually want a display. To clarify, all the way towards the hinge.
A display between the two nubs would be under an inch wide, if that. That's not enough space for a touchpad, and what would you want to display there?

How big's the touchpad between the PS4 d-pad and buttons? That must be close to an inch.

Note, I still think it's a pretty useless idea. The nubs are by far my favourite portable mousing implement, even with the dodgy nubs I have on my Pandora.

How big's the touchpad between the PS4 d-pad and buttons? That must be close to an inch.
It's actually ~2" wide. Much bigger than the space between nubs.

A display between the two nubs would be under an inch wide, if that. That's not enough space for a touchpad, and what would you want to display there?
Link

Maybe you are right about the size. I was thinking multitasking in general, extra buttons and I thought it would be good for DS emulation.

I thought it would be good for DS emulation.
Why would you think it's good for DS emulation, the LCD is touchscreen and proves to work quite well on the Pandora.. plus DS emulation benefits more from the start and select buttons you would be removing for that cheesy touchpad.

Why would you think it's good for DS emulation, the LCD is touchscreen and proves to work quite well on the Pandora.. plus DS emulation benefits more from the start and select buttons you would be removing for that cheesy touchpad.
I meant screen in the first place. She/he keeps changing it to touchpad. :lol:

With a touchscreen, it can still have those buttons.

I'd rather have real buttons there thanks. :)

It did occur to me though that you could add another three buttons in the same space.  With two columns of buttons there you could reach each easier than you can the existing one too.

- Neelix

Because "100" buttons just isn't enough. :lol:

It did occur to me though that you could add another three buttons in the same space. With two columns of buttons there you could reach each easier than you can the existing one too.

- Neelix
And what would those buttons be?

Because "100" buttons just isn't enough. :lol:
You can never have too many buttons, as long as each is easy to press. :)
And what would those buttons be?
I don't know, I didn't have any particular functions in mind. I'm sure someone working on possible keyboard layouts could find a use for them though.

- Neelix

Back