Beta Appstore Testing (Again)

• I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but at least the "Show only" elements change size when selected. this could cause the page to become wider than 800px if there are more categories.
  • Hovering on the search button does not change the cursor or highlight the button
  • I think hovering on the app list items should have a highlight effect
Otherwise, the UI at least seems solid (I didn't do any exhaustive testing). Looking forward to using this to get stuff for my pandora :)

B-ZaR said:
  • I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but at least the "Show only" elements change size when selected. this could cause the page to become wider than 800px if there are more categories.
  • Hovering on the search button does not change the cursor or highlight the button
  • I think hovering on the app list items should have a highlight effect
Otherwise, the UI at least seems solid (I didn't do any exhaustive testing). Looking forward to using this to get stuff for my pandora :)

thanks for your comments everyone

the catagory filter: can always be edited thanks to CSS IF we add more catagories we can edit the font size to suit the page. tbh when we populate the script i doubt we will need more catagories to over populate the top catagory bar but if needed we will accomodate ;)
ok will check the hover with an icon thanks ;)
because of the touch screen that might be a bit pointless but maybe... im not sure

RSS feed would be cool not really knowledgable with xml so any help with this will be helpful :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Trevsweb said:
ok will check the hover with an icon thanks ;)
because of the touch screen that might be a bit pointless but maybe... im not sure

Well, the touch screen is not the only pointer input on the pandora. There is also the nub-mouse. This is what I was aiming for :)

is country language selection in the features for futur upgrade?

YIKES! This Error is creepy, especially while you have your first morning coffee.
error.gif

Things I noticed:

* Searching for something not existing lacks an "I finished and found nothing" message. ("Search Results: " kind of sais it, but not very nicely :)

* I can vote a single post down alone until it vanishes. I don't know though if it vanished for everyone or just me, in the latter case that would be ok.

* Usually I can delete my posts but when someone started to vote me down, the trash-icon is replaced by the thumb. I can now vote myself down, but cannot delete the post anymore.

Oh and prBoom is gone from the store :(

Attachments

• error.gif
    error.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 130
jottt said:
YIKES! This Error is creepy, especially while you have your first morning coffee.
error.gif

Things I noticed:

* Searching for something not existing lacks an "I finished and found nothing" message. ("Search Results: " kind of sais it, but not very nicely :)

* I can vote a single post down alone until it vanishes. I don't know though if it vanished for everyone or just me, in the latter case that would be ok.

* Usually I can delete my posts but when someone started to vote me down, the trash-icon is replaced by the thumb. I can now vote myself down, but cannot delete the post anymore.

Oh and prBoom is gone from the store :(

yay someone found it finally :D

Attachments

• error.gif
    error.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 137
Would be great if the dates could be day and month padded with a 0 - it looks better and easier to read in my opinion.

e.g. 07/05/2010 instead of 7/5/2010?

May even be a better idea to do 07 Apr 2010 so there are no confusion over dates (unless it formats accordingly depending on surfers setting anyway).

Sorry if I missed it, but should the latest "real" apps actually be real, or still just dummy entries? I can only download 0kb PNDs, but in my download history it shows real file sizes. They're the actual file sizes of the same downloads from the file archive (exaile, angry drunked dwarfs etc, vice etc).

Gruso said:
Sorry if I missed it, but should the latest "real" apps actually be real, or still just dummy entries? I can only download 0kb PNDs, but in my download history it shows real file sizes. They're the actual file sizes of the same downloads from the file archive (exaile, angry drunked dwarfs etc, vice etc).
Still dummy files.

I've not turned on twitter or real downloads just yet. The files on there are real though, but it does not send them when you download.

I want to turn it on when it's more populated so we can see how the server takes the hit if people download a lot at once.

Not being able to delete after being voted down = good find!

Also, I don't much like the star system either, I'm thinking of making it a percentage, 80's game mag style, in similar style of font.

So you would select a % out of 100.

The ghost of Julian Rignal must be haunting me.

What do you think?

edit: you would not get a 1-100 drop down box, it would go up in 5s. But the % would be an average so would be a unique number.

It would have to have a cartoon picture of your head next to the scores, preferabley sporting a mullet. And you have to get radeon automatic involved somehow

craigix said:
edit: you would not get a 1-100 drop down box, it would go up in 5s. But the % would be an average so would be a unique number.

With 5's the dropdown would be too long and awkward to select. I think 10's would be much better.

Back