[Application] SOLEIL

Added some corrections.

It's ready to run as a gateway, but i'll need to add mangling to the kernel, so a recompilation is necessary.

Created a full image (full SL4P + full x86 32 and 64 bit). I'm a bit above 16G :/

Have a 128 Gb Sd.

50 for Slackware,

30 for PanDebian.

Use as many Gb as you wish.

(Right. I'm the only Person in this world)

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to add 5G of data in my full build, so around 22G are needed...

Hopefully it will be modular, so a 16G will still be usable.

Spent the whole day for debugging stupid things.

I'll try to make a video demo soon.

Maybe persuade ED to sell SD cards with it already copied onto them?

I wouldn't fancy a 22GB download

I plan to let the user choose what to add to SL4P, or to a slightly modified one.

The 22G will be compressed to something like 5 or 6G anyway.

Maybe i'll release a full image too. I don't know yet, it depends of how i manage to finalize this project before the deadline.

Of course, like SL4P, it will continue to enhance it after.

There was some serious question hidden in my last post ;) .

If I want to use the combined Slackware with SL4P and SOLEIL will 50G on my SD be enough or would you use more space. I want to have my data on the other SD. So his one will only be for OS and programs, maybe some data but not much.

How much would you use for PanDebian? 20G or 30G?

No direct work on it today, as i'm on the next Slackware release.

I included in it the firewall/router scripts, and i've also compiled custom kernels that got all modules needed for that purpose. As this can be also used in bare SL4P, there is no point including it only in SOLEIL.

One of those kernels is non-debug, that means i removed many unnecessary features for better performance, and will be used as default for SOLEIL.

I'm also working on a new secret kinda killer feature, but it should work only on x86_64 clients, at least for now.

Don't remember if i already mentioned it, but the OP now acts as a DHCP (of course: PXE already works), DNS and NTP server for the sub network.

As a standard, i will make eth1 the internet interface, and eth0 the LAN one.

Of course, it will be possible to use wlan0 as the internet, but there is no pre-setup for now.

Once i got a new full image, i'll make a video.

It is. Tested it a while ago on my main PC, now i have to rebuild it automatically on the networked stations.

And i also have to make it work on 32bit computers for maximum power.

I'm really looking forward to see the full SOLEIL/ SL4P project.

It makes the Pandora so awesome.

Now it's possible to install Dynebolic, System Rescue CD, Gparted and Ghost for Linux directly on the pandora.

It also has the advantage to allow updating them in a pinch.

Not über-"user-friendly" for now, as a short command has to be launched.

Slackware now boots in graphical mode. I won't do much auto-config on it for now, i have system things to enable before, like exported /homes.

Also corrected a few things, important or not.

DSC05534.JPG

sounds awesome, not sure I understand all what it does ... but awesome haha

I'll try to make a video today.

I'm sick and sleep far too less so i didn't work on it yesterday apart a quick check.

Thank you for recording the video (and an extra thanks for speaking in English - I realise it must be a pain).

Dumb question time: is the Pandora hosting 3 different images? A 32-bit Intel one, a 64-bit Intel one, and a 32-bit ARM one? So connecting from your laptop serves up the 32-bit Intel one, but booting from your Pandora uses the 32-bit ARM one?

Back