[Application] SOLEIL

It is so awesome.

You are so crazy.

I was smiling all the time the video played.

Some question:

1:

I have Slackware on the left SD and my Data on the right one. Can I access the right SD, as well when using the computer.

2:

If I have configured my main computer at home can I easily boot any other computer without doing.

If I'm at a friend's house can I start his computer with SOLEIL to repair it?

Thank you for recording the video (and an extra thanks for speaking in English - I realise it must be a pain).

Dumb question time: is the Pandora hosting 3 different images? A 32-bit Intel one, a 64-bit Intel one, and a 32-bit ARM one? So connecting from your laptop serves up the 32-bit Intel one, but booting from your Pandora uses the 32-bit ARM one?
I have a modified SL4P on SD, and have 6 exported x86 operating systems + 2 installers. 3 of them are x86_64.

It is so awesome.

You are so crazy.

I was smiling all the time the video played.

Some question:

1:

I have Slackware on the left SD and my Data on the right one. Can I access the right SD, as well when using the computer.

2:

If I have configured my main computer at home can I easily boot any other computer without doing.

If I'm at a friend's house can I start his computer with SOLEIL to repair it?
1- It's more or less planned. It's easy to do so, but i don't now yet which method i'll use.

2- Yes, just get in the bios and (simplest explanation):

-activate the internal network card

-activate the boot rom

(maybe save the bios, restart and get in the bios again)

-set the LAN as primary boot device.

Didn't work since video.

Have real life urgent things to do. I keep thinking of ways to implement things.

Don't tell me about real life.

Same for me.

Exams the weeks around FOSDEM (everything has to be done now)

Having to work with nice but completely incompetent or lazy people (means I have to do their stuff as well) and 2 days per week at EvilDragon's office.

Get things done when everything's better.

:)

Working a bit today.

As i'm not sure to have much free time, i'll tight my planning. Here's my objectives:

I'll add x86_64 rootfs + kernel.

I'll add the super feature.

I'll try to correct the graphical boot glitch (should be ok now, but i didn't check).

In the very likely to happen case i can't do a clean installer inside Slackware (because of the schedule), i'll release a full-blown image. I'm afraid a 32G card will be mandatory.

If many pple want a smaller image for 16G, then we'll discuss about the features (32/64, installer/rootfs, etc.).

Anyway, this is a project i'll continue after the competition because i have many ideas to implement, like menus for wake on lan, multi-vnc, xhost displays etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
x86_64 rootfs is now up and running.

Graphical boot glitch is now corrected.

I finally think i'll ship only Slack 64 and 32bit rootfs (but not the installers, they are just .isos to grab), so i'll let the user decide which live-cd they want to add (gparted, dynebolic etc.).

Seems my super feature won't be available for 32bits clients :/. As it sounds like a binutils bug, i won't be able to do anything there.

I'll make a new release pretty soon, and i will start to write the Wiki.

I'm a 32 bit client.

You're lucky that FOSDEM is over :angry: .

I also like the installer option.

Wanted to install Slackware in my computer via my Pandora.

I finally enabled the super-feature for 32 bits.

Will enable, test and package all that soon.

Great.

Some very little request:

Some time ago I told you abut the keyboard layout PND.

Would be great if it would be in the settings launcher by default.

It's not a big deal for me to get it inside but maybe it's useful for other people.

It'd also be great if you could reduce the crashes at start up.

Every hard reset breaks the file system.

I had  to do some e2fsck without any reason (unmounted when ejecting SD, no hard reset...).

Maybe it'd help if you could make ext 3/4 as default as there's a journal.

Keyboard layout is in by default in Settings.

"Every hard reset breaks the file system.", Well, not "breaks", but makes a fsck mandatory.

Journal will not solve the issue.

I did some tricks to avoid crashes, it may be linked to have g_cdc and ehci-hdc always on.

Try to comment them in /etc/rc.d/rc.local

OK. I see.

Will try the comment.

As you want to make SOLEIL smaller with leaving the installer out is it possible to make it optional. If it's much work it's not important. I'd simply like to  have them with me as well.

As the new SL4P is out, i'm resuming the work.

Created a new SD, it's 22G with full-features.

Have to check the super-feature, also the activation/deactivation of SOLEIL mode.

-EDIT: The super-feature is working on both 32 and 64 bit. Yeah !

Super feature. Yeah.

Is it to get a virus on a computer so you only have to plug in Pandora once with SOLEIL and then can freely access it over internet?

Back